|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis discusses Neapolitan vendettas he says that which of the following individuals told him about this, or else he would not know?
(a) Poggio Reale.
(b) Ingeniere Crespi.
(c) Lo Scalzo.
(d) Antonio Priore.
2. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
3. Lewis notes in November 1943 that the only avenue open to a young man of good family is diplomatic service; how many diplomatic posts are offered in Naples?
4. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 8 - 10.
(b) 5 - 7.
(c) 1 - 4.
(d) 15 - 20.
5. While discussing Latarullo's home furnishings Lewis describes a dingy piece of rock, supposedly from the sanctuary of which saint?
(a) St. Peter.
(b) St. Michael.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lattarullo gives Lewis information about the Neapolitan doctor with the stolen Fiat, Lewis taken him to lunch. Which of the following is Lattarullo offered on the way to eat?
2. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
3. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
4. When Lewis and Lattarullo go to lunch and inspect the dish said to be veal, the waiter admits under questioning that it is actually what?
5. Lewis is invited to a dinner party that features a spaghetti-eating contest; which of the following individuals is said to have introduced the classic method for this competition?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)