|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
(b) Motor bike.
2. Lewis notes in his November 25, 1943 entry that there is an aversion in Italy to bothering which of the following species of bird?
3. When thieves raid the Field Security Office at Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles, how high are the walls they have to climb to do so?
(a) 30 ft.
(b) 10 ft.
(c) 60 ft.
(d) 20 ft.
4. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
5. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
(a) 20 lire.
(b) 15 lire.
(c) 10 lire.
(d) 5 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lattarullo joins the Separatist organization for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, he tells Lewis that which of the following is one of the leaders of the group?
2. When discussing Mussolini's Press Secretary Lewis states that the man is wanted for the murder of which of the following individuals, a former rival of Mussolini?
3. While discussing Latarullo's home furnishings Lewis describes a dingy piece of rock, supposedly from the sanctuary of which saint?
4. When Lattarullo gives Lewis information about the Neapolitan doctor with the stolen Fiat, Lewis taken him to lunch. Which of the following is Lattarullo offered on the way to eat?
5. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)