|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis discusses Neapolitan vendettas he says that which of the following individuals told him about this, or else he would not know?
(a) Lo Scalzo.
(b) Poggio Reale.
(c) Ingeniere Crespi.
(d) Antonio Priore.
2. When Lewis and Lattarullo go to lunch and inspect the dish said to be veal, the waiter admits under questioning that it is actually what?
3. When discussing the customary pilgrimage to the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that it has been a custom for how long?
(a) 1500 years.
(b) 2000 years.
(c) 600 years.
(d) 300 years.
4. When investigating a local vendetta, which of the following is the prison Lewis visits for the case?
(a) Poggio Reale.
(b) Lo Scalzo.
(c) Antonio Priore.
(d) Ingeniere Crespi.
5. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
2. When discussing incredible feats of piracy, Lewis says that what objects have been stolen from the region of Agropoli?
3. What time frame does Lewis give for the completion of the thieves' raid on Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles?
4. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
5. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)