|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is trying to have his case heard in Chapter 16?
(c) The Sailor
2. Who is Andrew Keif’s chauffer?
(a) Carl Peterson
(d) The Sailor
3. On what day does Fats siphon himself into The Plaza?
4. Who does the southern doctor at the conference want to kill?
(a) Asian attendants
(b) Hispanic attendants
(c) White attendants
(d) Black attendants
5. What term refers to a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city do people have the least amount of privacy?
2. A man in the market argues against many religious figures, including Christ, Buddha, and whom?
3. Carl’s test results indicate that he is negative for what?
4. On a radio show, who examines the mentally ill, including a guest he claims is a cured homosexual?
5. What color is Sailor’s felt hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the Sailor take the boy in “The Exterminator Does a Good Job”? Why?
2. What different political groups are described in “Islam Incorporated and the Parties of Interzone”?
3. What do the different political groups symbolize in “Islam Incorporated and the Parties of Interzone”?
4. Where is Queens Plaza located? How does this setting relate to the other settings in the novel?
5. What happens after Carl falls asleep in the doctor’s office in “The Examination”?
6. How does Dr. Schafer differ from Dr. Benway?
7. What is symbolic about Carl’s appointment in “The Examination”?
8. How is the Exterminator described in “The Exterminator Does a Good Job”?
9. Where is the Sailor in the beginning of “Coke Bugs”?
10. What is the focus of the courtroom scene in “The Market”?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)