|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the photographs that Carl examines, some of the models are actually what?
(a) Boys in drag
(d) Girls in drag
2. What is Hauser ordered to search for in William’s hotel room?
(b) Illegal prostitutes
(d) Drug paraphernalia
3. Who runs the building described where these transactions take place?
(a) William and AJ
(b) Lief and Marvie
(c) Peter Shanter
(d) Andy and Steve
4. What is an analgesic medication synthesized from poppy-derived thebaine?
5. Who is Andrew Keif’s chauffer?
(b) The Sailor
(c) Carl Peterson
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fingers is the boy missing?
2. Where does the Sailor keep a package of drug paraphernalia at his house?
3. Which character is referred to as “a notorious liquefactionist”?
4. Who is described as a con man?
5. What political party holds a meeting in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Aracknid and Andrew Keif?
2. How does Dr. Schafer differ from Dr. Benway?
3. What is the focus of the courtroom scene in “The Market”?
4. What is symbolized by the courthouse and court system in “The County Clerk”?
5. What different political groups are described in “Islam Incorporated and the Parties of Interzone”?
6. What do the different political groups symbolize in “Islam Incorporated and the Parties of Interzone”?
7. Mary is both an observer and a participant in “A.J.’s Annual Party,” whereas the male characters are only participants. What does this say about the author’s views of female sexuality?
8. How is the Exterminator described in “The Exterminator Does a Good Job”?
9. Why is William Lee unable to get his case heard in “The County Clerk”?
10. How does the narrative style and plot evolve in “The Algebra of Need”?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)