|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Hauser and O’Brien walk in on William in his hotel room?
(a) 11 am
(b) 6 am
(c) 8 am
(d) 10 am
2. What word refers to the turning point marking a change, for the better or the worse?
3. How many fingers is the boy missing?
4. Who is Andrew Keif’s chauffer?
(b) Carl Peterson
(d) The Sailor
5. Who is described as a carrier of Chagas vectors?
(a) Fats Terminal
(b) The Sailor
(c) The White Rat
(d) The Black Armadillo
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William trying to avoid in his court case?
2. Which of the following groups opposes everyone and calls everyone "The Human Virus”?
3. What term refers to the main character of a literary narrative?
4. Where does Carl admit to having had homosexual contact?
5. Who argues that nothing Dr. Schafer has done is wrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about Carl’s appointment in “The Examination”?
2. What is the focus of the courtroom scene in “The Market”?
3. How is the city of Interzone described?
4. What leads to William Lee shooting Hauser and O’Brien?
5. Who are Aracknid and Andrew Keif?
6. What does the Party Leader discuss in “Ordinary Men and Women”?
7. What does the boy ask the Sailor for in “Coke Bugs”? What is the response?
8. Why is Carl Peterson called for a doctor’s appointment in “The Examination”? Who sees him?
9. Mary is both an observer and a participant in “A.J.’s Annual Party,” whereas the male characters are only participants. What does this say about the author’s views of female sexuality?
10. What is symbolized by the courthouse and court system in “The County Clerk”?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)