|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does William offer to set up when speaking with Hauser and O’Brien?
(a) Miguel Diaz
(b) Carl Peterson
(c) Marty Steel
(d) Juan Huarez
2. Where does William travel to using skid row?
(a) Wall Street
(b) Grand Central Station
(c) Market Street Museum
(d) The Lower East Side
3. What kind of cigarettes does O’Brien smoke?
(b) Old Golds
(c) Marlboro Reds
(d) Camel Lights
4. The Sailor’s room is described as “the colorless smell of” what?
5. What does the man in the market claim makes miracles possible?
6. What room number does the Lieutenant say William Lee is staying in?
7. In what isolated area is the building in Chapter 16 located?
(a) South End
(b) Pigeon Hole
(c) Greenwich Village
8. What does the Sailor use to cook heroin?
(a) Light bulbs
(b) A knife
(d) A spoon
9. What organization distributes bulletins spelled out in obscene charades by hebephrenics?
(a) Party Headquarters
(b) The Cathedral
(c) Television Airwaves
(d) Hassan Hospital
10. Who does the Party Leader discuss the market with?
(a) A priest
(b) A nun
(d) His lieutenant
11. In literature, what refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
12. What word refers to the turning point marking a change, for the better or the worse?
13. Which of the following groups fights against the Senders?
(a) The Factualists
(b) The Liquefactionists
(c) The Senders
(d) The Divisionists
14. Who does A.J. fund a school for?
(a) Delinquent boys
(b) Orphaned girls
15. Where does William warn people to stay away from?
(a) Queens Plaza
Short Answer Questions
1. A man in the market argues against many religious figures, including Christ, Buddha, and whom?
2. What is the subject of the conference that Dr. Schafer attends?
3. In which city do people have the least amount of privacy?
4. Who sets the girl from the theater troupe on fire?
5. Who does the southern doctor at the conference want to kill?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)