|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following refers to an institution for the preservation or recovery of health, especially for convalescence?
2. Who discusses Joselito’s treatment options with the doctor?
(a) Mary Smith
(b) Carl Peterson
(c) James Freeman
(d) William Lee
3. What refers to the act or process of ceasing to use an addictive drug?
(d) Refusal Syndrome
4. How does NG Joe administer heroin to help with his disorder?
(a) Smoking it
(b) Arm injections
(c) Spinal injections
(d) Snorting it
5. In what year was Naked Lunch originally published?
6. How does the Vigilante change physically during his sentence?
(a) He goes bald
(b) He gains weight
(c) He wears new clothes
(d) He grows taller
7. The men and boys involved in the orgy are described as being of different what?
(d) Political beliefs
8. What is a sociological term used to describe the values and norms of behavior of a cultural group, or subculture, that run counter to those of the social mainstream of the day?
(b) Media culture
(c) Industrial culture
(d) Pop culture
9. William imagines a conversation between an Inspector and whom in Chapter 8?
(a) A taxidermist
(b) A priest
(c) A reporter
(d) A dentist
10. What subway train does William take uptown in Chapter 1?
(a) The F Train
(b) The A Train
(c) The E Train
(d) The D Train
11. Where is the Vigilante sent for his crimes?
(a) An international circus
(b) A federal prison
(c) A federal psychiatric hospital
(d) A state prison
12. In Chapter 3, where is the group headed?
13. Chapter 10 takes place on the campus of what university?
14. What is Dr. Benway’s new project called?
(a) International Diatribe
(b) Islam Incorporated
(c) Smithson Company
(d) Amsterdam Incorporated
15. What is the Vigilante’s defense for his actions in Chapter 2?
(a) His schizophrenia
(b) His brother's bullying
(c) His father's murder
(d) His drug addiction
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students in the classroom turn into at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What color is the mist that comes from the pen and is inhaled by the Sailor?
3. What do the freed addicts raid once they are freed from the psychiatric hospital?
4. Who wrote “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner”?
5. What color trench coat is the man wearing that follows William in Chapter 1?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)