|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of music does William hear in Chapter 7?
(a) Sweet Sixteen
(b) God Bless America
(c) I Wanna Hold Your Hand
(d) The Star Spangled Banner
2. What subway train does William take uptown in Chapter 1?
(a) The D Train
(b) The A Train
(c) The F Train
(d) The E Train
3. At the orgy, what repeatedly sodomizes a young boy?
(a) A mugwump
(b) A flamingo
(c) A reptile
(d) An ostrich
4. What does the Professor encourage his students to express freely in Chapter 10?
5. What is the university campus full of?
(b) Barnyard animals
6. What do the freed addicts raid once they are freed from the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Drug stores
(b) Candy stores
(c) Electronics stores
(d) Pet stores
7. What word refers to the receiving of pleasure from acts involving the infliction or reception of pain or humiliation?
8. The Vigilante is described as though he were located where in Chapter 2?
(a) A church
(b) His mother's house
(c) An insane asylum
(d) A courtroom
9. When was the Rime of the Ancient Mariner published?
10. Who gets involved with a man who smokes tea?
11. What word does William claim is “English thief slang for inform”?
12. What does The Sailor receives what from a passing messenger after his meeting?
(a) A tube
(b) A newspaper
(c) A book
(d) A potato
13. William imagines a conversation between an Inspector and whom in Chapter 8?
(a) A reporter
(b) A taxidermist
(c) A dentist
(d) A priest
14. What does Dr. Benway use to operate on a woman in Chapter 7?
(a) A butcher knife
(b) Bathroom cleaning tools
(c) Dentistry tools
(d) A vacuum cleaner
15. According to William, what is lost during both the using of drugs and the forced rehabilitation of a person?
(a) Money and games
(b) Personal beauty
(c) Essential freedom
(d) Essential humanity
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sexual orgy take place in Chapter 9?
2. Which of the following is typical of The Vigilantes early?
3. Which of the following refers to an institution for the preservation or recovery of health, especially for convalescence?
4. What is Dr. Benway’s new project called?
5. What time does William Lee meet Miguel in Chapter 8?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)