|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of music does William hear in Chapter 7?
(a) I Wanna Hold Your Hand
(b) God Bless America
(c) Sweet Sixteen
(d) The Star Spangled Banner
2. What is a sociological term used to describe the values and norms of behavior of a cultural group, or subculture, that run counter to those of the social mainstream of the day?
(a) Pop culture
(c) Media culture
(d) Industrial culture
3. What do the freed addicts raid once they are freed from the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Electronics stores
(b) Pet stores
(c) Candy stores
(d) Drug stores
4. What is the university campus full of?
(a) Barnyard animals
5. Who gets involved with a man who smokes tea?
6. Which of the following characters deals drugs but does not use them?
(a) The Exterminator
(b) Bradley the Buyer
(c) The Vigilante
(d) The Sailor
7. What subway train does William take uptown in Chapter 1?
(a) The A Train
(b) The E Train
(c) The D Train
(d) The F Train
8. Where does Dr. Benway work on his famous project that encourages a police state and arbitrary punishments are given for everyday offenses?
9. What creatures feed off the Mugwumps?
10. Where is Joselito’s diagnosing doctor from?
11. What word refers to the condition of being sexually attracted to children?
12. What is the Vigilante’s defense for his actions in Chapter 2?
(a) His brother's bullying
(b) His father's murder
(c) His schizophrenia
(d) His drug addiction
13. How does NG Joe administer heroin to help with his disorder?
(a) Arm injections
(b) Spinal injections
(c) Snorting it
(d) Smoking it
14. Who does The Sailor meet with to arrange the sale of a drug in tubes and eggs?
(a) Dr. Benway
(b) Fats Terminal
(d) Dr. Schafer
15. Where do two types of organisms meet and engage in drug deals in Chapter 6?
(a) Jules's Cafe
(b) Meet Cafe
(c) Hassan's Hospital
(d) Merrymount Village
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving general surgery, which of the following did Dr. Benway specialize in?
2. Where is the Vigilante sent for his crimes?
3. Who gets the whole group caught by the police in Chapter 3?
4. Which of the following refers to an institution for the preservation or recovery of health, especially for convalescence?
5. The Vigilante is described as though he were located where in Chapter 2?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)