Short Answer Key
1. What is the name of the television show that Greil Marcus uses as an example in the Prologue?
The Dick Cavett Show.
2. What book is being discussed on the television show sketch used in the Prologue?
3. Who wrote the book discussed in the Prologue?
4. Who interrupts the fight over the book in the Prologue?
5. The Prologue states that Marcus wants to discuss rock 'n' roll in what context?
As American culture.
6. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
7. What does Marcus think the performers discussed in the Prologue have in common?
They see themselves as symbolic Americans.
8. In the Prologue, Marcus says that the music he will discuss dramatizes what?
What it means to be American.
This section contains 3,044 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)