|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks "did you too . . . suppose democracy was only for elections, for politics, for a party name"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Greil Marcus.
(c) Randy Newman.
(d) Walt Whitman.
2. In what song does Sly Stone mock his own song "Thank you falettinme be mice elf Agin"?
(a) "Africa Talks to You 'The Asphalt Jungle.'"
(b) "Thank you for talkin' to me Africa."
(c) "Bonnie and Clyde."
(d) "Blowin Your Mind."
3. Who said "when I was a boy . . . I was the hero in comic books and movies. I grew up believing in a dream"?
(a) Hank Williams.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Greil Marcus.
4. What was important to Whitman according to Marcus in the Epilogue?
(a) An end to slavery.
(b) The American dream is changed.
(c) The American promise is lived out.
(d) The survival of art.
5. From what feeling does Robert Johnson pull his images?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what voice does Newman sing his songs?
2. The Prologue states that Marcus wants to discuss rock 'n' roll in what context?
3. What was the original name of the Band in the early sixties?
4. What does Marcus point out as valuable in the Beach Boys music?
5. What does Marcus name the storyteller from The Band's lyrics?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)