|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus say failure mean to Americans in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
2. According to Marcus in "The Band," what is the storyteller in the second album?
3. What political group does Marcus compare to Sly Stone's music in "Sly Stone"?
(d) Black Panthers.
4. How did Marcus feel when Elvis was drafted?
5. When referencing the South, who said "it's the only place in the country I've ever been where you can actually drive down the highway at night, and if you listen, you hear music"?
(a) Greil Marcus.
(b) Randy Newman.
(c) Robbie Robertson.
(d) Elvis Presley.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Elvis," Marcus compares Elvis to what character envisioned by Ralph Waldo Emerson?
2. What battle does Marcus believe the artists in his book engage in?
3. What did Sly Stone call his band?
4. What betrayal does the song "Tears of Rage" convey?
5. What archetype does Newman represent?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)