|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Curtis Mayfield's songs in Superfly were meant to be what according to Marcus?
2. How did Robert Johnson die?
(b) Old age.
(c) Drug overdose.
3. According to Marcus, who is the focus in the song "Sail Away"?
(a) The Africans.
(b) The confidence man.
(c) The listener.
(d) The slaves.
4. What motto of Hank Williams' made him similar to Robert Johnson according to Marcus?
(a) Nothing really matters.
(b) Life goes on.
(c) The end is near.
(d) What life doesn't give me, I'll take.
5. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," who is the "latest Ahab"?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Harmonica Frank.
(c) Bob Dylan.
(d) Huck Finn.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marcus in "Harmonica Frank -1951," what do both Ahab and Huck have in common?
2. Who said "I played rock and roll before I ever heard of Elvis Presley. I saw him in Memphis before he ever made a record"?
3. What is the name of The Band's second album?
4. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
5. Why did political activist, Eldridge Cleaver, not want to go to jail?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)