|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Fanfare through The Rockabilly Moment).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "We needed . . . to be violently stirred into life . . . intolerable social constraints grew daily upon us"?
(a) Frank Kermode.
(b) Leslie Fiedler.
(c) Sly Stone.
(d) Greil Marcus.
2. Who interrupts the fight over the book in the Prologue?
(a) Rita Moreno.
(b) John Simon.
(c) Little Richard.
(d) Erich Segal.
3. Why did political activist, Eldridge Cleaver, not want to go to jail?
(a) He was innocent.
(b) He loved freedom too much.
(c) He was afraid to be the next Billy Lyons.
(d) He did not want to lose his friends.
4. What author does Marcus quote in the beginning of "Robert Johnson -1938" to illustrate the promise of American life?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Robert Johnson.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Norman Mailer.
5. With whom is Carmen walking in the song "To Kingdom Come"?
(a) Robbie Robertson.
(b) The worried man.
(c) Robert Johnson.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary figure does Marcus allude to in "Sly Stone" when identifying how Sly speaks in the music?
2. Who wrote "There's a mickie in the tastin' of disaster" (90)?
3. What is added in the middle of the chapter "Harmonica Frank -1951," set off with a note from the author?
4. The Riot album reveals what image that Sly had for himself?
5. What is the mood in the Riot album?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)