|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Fanfare through The Rockabilly Moment).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music did Robert Johnson sing?
(a) Rock 'n' roll.
2. According to the myth, who did Staggerlee shoot?
(a) Leroy Brown.
(c) Billy the Lion.
(d) A stranger.
3. What does Marcus name the storyteller from The Band's lyrics?
(b) The worried man.
(c) The knight.
(d) Big Pink.
4. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," who is the "latest Ahab"?
(a) Harmonica Frank.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
5. To which historical figure does Marcus compare Elvis?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Stevie Wonder.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said "when I was a boy . . . I was the hero in comic books and movies. I grew up believing in a dream"?
2. Who wrote "obviously, it is easier to kill than to create" (95)?
3. In "The Band," to what does Marcus compare the song "We Can Talk About It Now"?
4. What is ironic about rock 'n' roll and democracy?
5. What betrayal does the song "Tears of Rage" convey?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)