|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Fanfare through The Rockabilly Moment).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Papa Was a Rolling Stone?'
(a) Bob Dylan.
(b) Sly Stone.
(c) Jimmy Hendrix.
(d) The Temptations.
2. What was the original name of the Band in the early sixties?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) Robbie and the Rockers.
(c) The Hawks.
(d) The Bush Beaters.
3. Who does Marcus compare Phillips to in the beginning of "Harmonica Frank - 1951"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Harmonica Frank.
(d) Huck Finn.
4. What does Marcus think the performers discussed in the Prologue have in common?
(a) Each based his songs on personal experience.
(b) Everyone toured together.
(c) They see themselves as symbolic Americans.
(d) They all were ex-patriots.
5. What is the name of Elvis' mother?
(a) Lydia Preston.
(b) Lisa Presley.
(c) Helen Preston.
(d) Gladys Presley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is added in the middle of the chapter "Harmonica Frank -1951," set off with a note from the author?
2. What type of art does Marcus think rock 'n' roll is?
3. What does Marcus point out as valuable in the Beach Boys music?
4. What Randy Newman song does Marcus claim suggests that the we are being laughed at and life is a joke?
5. What type of Staggerlee does Sly create in Riot?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)