|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Fanfare through The Rockabilly Moment).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "old American idea" that the worried man is stuck in according to Marcus?
(a) An innocent world.
(b) The past as the present.
(c) A joint-stock world.
(d) Tradition before change.
2. Why was Newman's choice of voice "dangerous"?
(a) It alienated people.
(b) Audiences are too critical.
(c) Audiences are too literal.
(d) It was confusing.
3. Marcus believes that "There's a Riot Goin' On" is an example of what?
(b) A folk tale.
4. According to Marcus in "Sly Stone," what is the spirit behind Riot?
(a) White self-criticism.
(b) Black self-criticism.
(c) African pride.
(d) American pride.
5. What song does Marcus claim to be "the most menacing piece of rock 'n' roll ever made"?
(a) "Stones in My Passway."
(b) "Bo Diddley."
(c) "Who Do You Love."
(d) "How Many More Years."
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robert Johnson die?
2. What is the name of Randy Newman's album that finally gained him a larger audience?
3. Who wrote "Whispering Pines"?
4. What betrayal does the song "Tears of Rage" convey?
5. Who claims that "every great artist must create for a great audience"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)