|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Fanfare through The Rockabilly Moment).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcus discuss many movies in "Sly Stone"?
(a) They all include the Staggerlee myth.
(b) They are about black people.
(c) Sly Stone made the soundtracks for them.
(d) They are biographies for Sly Stone.
2. How did Robert Johnson die?
(a) Old age.
(b) Drug overdose.
3. How did Harmonica Frank get his name?
(a) When he sang, he sounded like a harmonica.
(b) He was a blues singer.
(c) His mouth looked like a harmonica.
(d) He played the harmonica out of one side of his mouth.
4. In "The Band," Marcus tells that groups are images of what?
5. What religious group does Marcus compare blues singers to in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Marcus claim to be "the most menacing piece of rock 'n' roll ever made"?
2. According to Marcus in "Randy Newman," whose song was Randy Newman answering in his version of "Suzanne"?
3. Four of the members from The Band are from where?
4. What motto of Hank Williams' made him similar to Robert Johnson according to Marcus?
5. What is the mood in the Riot album?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)