|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Fanfare through The Rockabilly Moment).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last number on The Band album?
(b) "Crossing the Great Divide."
(c) "Whispering Pines."
(d) "King Harvest."
2. Who claims that "every great artist must create for a great audience"?
(a) Randy Newman.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Bob Christgau.
(d) Greil Marcus.
3. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the American struggle?
(a) To be an artist and not lose oneself.
(b) To free oneself from constraints and learn the value of those limits.
(c) To get rich quick.
(d) To be the best and not hurt others.
4. According to Marcus in "Randy Newman," why does Newman lack a large audience for most of his early carrier?
(a) Critics loved him.
(b) He does not try.
(c) He lacks talent.
(d) Critics hated him.
5. At the time Riot was made, who was making the decisions about what kind of records would be created?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Cleaver and Seale found?
2. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
3. What song by Randy Newman was a satire on bigotry?
4. According to Marcus, what problem does the storyteller of Stage Fright face?
5. Why was Newman's choice of voice "dangerous"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)