|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Randy Newman - Every Man is Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leslie Fielder call the Beatles in "Randy Newman"?
(c) Imaginary Americans.
(d) Pop stars.
2. What type of Staggerlee does Sly create in Riot?
(a) The baddest.
(b) The cruelest.
(c) One that does not get away.
(d) One that regrets his crimes.
3. Who wrote "Little Wing"?
(a) Sly Stone.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Jimmy Hendrix.
(d) Neil Young.
4. What single did Sly release that was the "most optimistic of all"?
(a) "Dance to the Music."
(c) "Everybody is a Star."
5. In "The Band," what problem does Marcus reveal about The Band's sense of community?
(a) They had a false sense of community.
(b) They are isolationists.
(c) They struggle to live in it.
(d) They lose themselves in each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Four of the members from The Band are from where?
2. Who says "Instead of throwing a knapsack over your back and getting out on the highway, to learn about life, we were able to do it together. We were protected by one another"?
3. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
4. What does Marcus say each performer he will discuss in the book attempts to do?
5. In what song does Sly Stone mock his own song "Thank you falettinme be mice elf Agin"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)