|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Randy Newman - Every Man is Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus say failure mean to Americans in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
2. What was on the cover of Riot?
(a) An American flag with flowers for stars.
(b) A gun.
(d) Sly wearing a zoot suit.
3. According to Marcus, what did Staggerlee represent to the black community?
4. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," who is the "latest Ahab"?
(a) Harmonica Frank.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
5. What song does Marcus claim to be "the most menacing piece of rock 'n' roll ever made"?
(a) "Who Do You Love."
(b) "How Many More Years."
(c) "Bo Diddley."
(d) "Stones in My Passway."
Short Answer Questions
1. What album does Marcus say belongs to Richard Manuel in "The Band?
2. What did Seale attempt to use as a political threat?
3. Who is the main character in the song "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"?
4. According to Marcus in "Randy Newman," whose song was Randy Newman answering in his version of "Suzanne"?
5. What was Johnson's instrument of choice?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)