|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Randy Newman - Every Man is Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song by Randy Newman was a satire on bigotry?
(a) "Davy the Fat Boy."
(b) "Short People."
(d) "God's Song."
2. The song "We Can Talk About It Now" creates what kind of image?
(a) The country at its worst.
(b) The country at its best.
(d) A broken heart.
3. According to Marcus, what was country music doing in the early 50s?
(a) Making people feel better.
(b) Boring them.
(c) Making people think.
(d) Changing their lives.
4. According to the Prologue, why are Harmonica Frank and Robert Johnson included in Mystery Train?
(a) They taught the rock 'n' roll legends.
(b) They are rock 'n' roll legends.
(c) They preceded rock 'n' roll.
(d) They were against rock 'n' roll.
5. Whom does Marcus claim puts the pieces together to find meaning in the music?
(a) The audience.
(b) The critic.
(d) Rock 'n' rollers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sly Stone's given name?
2. According to Marcus, what is the affirmation that sums up The Band?
3. What is the last number on The Band album?
4. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the only way to quiet Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
5. According to Marcus, what do popular artists do for people?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)