|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Randy Newman - Every Man is Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Band," what does Marcus point to as the reason that The Band had the influences of many different bands and yet had an original sound?
(a) They stole from the best and pieced it together.
(b) They were musical geniuses.
(c) They were inheritors of rock 'n' roll.
(d) They studied under many different bands.
2. From what feeling does Robert Johnson pull his images?
3. Who sang "Fool about mah money/don't try to save"?
(a) Harmonica Frank.
(b) Little Richard.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Sam Phillips.
4. What did Seale attempt to use as a political threat?
(a) Criminal violence.
(b) The judicial system.
(d) Peaceful marches.
5. "Me and the Devil Blues" uses imagery that provokes what emotion?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
2. What song does Marcus claim is Robert Johnson's most terrifying song?
3. What religious group does Marcus compare blues singers to in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
4. From what song does Marcus quote to introduce the chapter "Robert Johnson -1938"?
5. What was the original name of the Band in the early sixties?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)