|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections The Righteous Land through The Weight).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine had an article "measuring Richard Manuel for a straight-jacket" (62)?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) Rolling Stones.
2. Who did Marcus speak with while in Woodstock to interview Robbie Robertson?
(a) Robert Manuel.
(b) Dominique Robertson.
(c) Bob Dylan.
(d) Sly Stone.
3. Who interrupts the fight over the book in the Prologue?
(a) John Simon.
(b) Little Richard.
(c) Erich Segal.
(d) Rita Moreno.
4. What does Marcus say each performer he will discuss in the book attempts to do?
(b) Redefine love.
(c) Create oneself.
(d) Make music for money.
5. According to Marcus in "The Band," what message did The Band originally try to get across?
(a) Beauty can come from terror.
(b) America is a disappointment.
(c) You cannot win when everything is against you.
(d) America has possibilities no one has seen yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the television show that Greil Marcus uses as an example in the Prologue?
2. What is the "old American idea" that the worried man is stuck in according to Marcus?
3. What is the last number on The Band album?
4. In "The Band," what does Marcus point to as the reason that The Band had the influences of many different bands and yet had an original sound?
5. What religious group does Marcus compare blues singers to in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)