|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections The Righteous Land through The Weight).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said "I played rock and roll before I ever heard of Elvis Presley. I saw him in Memphis before he ever made a record"?
(a) Little Richard.
(b) Harmonica Frank.
(c) Bob Dylan.
(d) Sam Phillips.
2. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
(a) Randy Newman.
(b) Chuck Berry.
(c) Sly Stone.
(d) Elvis Presley.
3. What does Marcus claim in "The Band" is not community?
(d) The Band.
4. From what feeling does Robert Johnson pull his images?
5. According to Marcus in "Harmonica Frank -1951," whose music caught the spirit and sound of Harmonica Frank and made it popular?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Little Richard.
(d) Bob Dylan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character in the song "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"?
2. According to the Prologue, why are Harmonica Frank and Robert Johnson included in Mystery Train?
3. Who sang "Fool about mah money/don't try to save"?
4. Who said "If you have a mother-in-law with only one eye, and that eye is in the middle of her forehead, you don't keep her in the living room"?
5. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the only way to quiet Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)