|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections The Righteous Land through The Weight).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "spirit" does Harmonica Frank have that Marcus believes is truly American?
(a) Crazy and chaotic.
(b) Tender and free.
(c) Cruel and truthful.
(d) Unrepentant and free.
2. What was the original name of the Band in the early sixties?
(a) Robbie and the Rockers.
(b) The Bush Beaters.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Hawks.
3. What does Marcus claim in "The Band" is not community?
(d) The Band.
4. What album does Marcus say belongs to Richard Manuel in "The Band?
(b) Share Your Love.
(c) The Weight.
(d) Moondog Matinee.
5. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what gives music "mythical authority"?
(a) When the music reflects life.
(b) When the songs attract fans.
(c) When the singer uses a deeper tenor.
(d) When the music tells a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote: "You run without moving from a terror in which you cannot believe"?
2. In "The Band," what does Marcus point to as the reason that The Band had the influences of many different bands and yet had an original sound?
3. In "The Band," to what does Marcus compare the song "We Can Talk About It Now"?
4. Who said "I learned the words to Little Richard's songs the best I could and what I couldn't figure out didn't matter"?
5. What is the name of The Band's second album?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)