|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections The Righteous Land through The Weight).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of The Band's third album?
(a) Stage Fright.
(b) Dirty Dozen.
(c) Big Pink.
2. From what feeling does Robert Johnson pull his images?
3. Whom does Marcus claim puts the pieces together to find meaning in the music?
(b) The critic.
(c) The audience.
(d) Rock 'n' rollers.
4. According to Marcus in "The Band," what message did The Band originally try to get across?
(a) America is a disappointment.
(b) Beauty can come from terror.
(c) America has possibilities no one has seen yet.
(d) You cannot win when everything is against you.
5. What type of art does Marcus think rock 'n' roll is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Marcus claim to be "the most menacing piece of rock 'n' roll ever made"?
2. In "The Band," Marcus tells that groups are images of what?
3. Who wrote "Whispering Pines"?
4. How does Marcus define a band in "The Band"?
5. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the American struggle?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)