|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections The Righteous Land through The Weight).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Band," what problem does Marcus reveal about The Band's sense of community?
(a) They had a false sense of community.
(b) They are isolationists.
(c) They lose themselves in each other.
(d) They struggle to live in it.
2. How many songs did Johnson record before he died?
3. The song "We Can Talk About It Now" creates what kind of image?
(a) A broken heart.
(c) The country at its worst.
(d) The country at its best.
4. With whom is Carmen walking in the song "To Kingdom Come"?
(a) The devil.
(b) Robbie Robertson.
(c) Robert Johnson.
(d) The worried man.
5. Who wrote: "You run without moving from a terror in which you cannot believe"?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Robert Johnson.
(c) Greil Marcus.
(d) William Faulkner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
2. In "The Band," what does Marcus say the Band felt was a mistake?
3. What is the name of The Band's second album?
4. Four of the members from The Band are from where?
5. With whom did the Band play from 1965 to 1966, helping him and themselves to improve and gain popularity?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)