|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections Introduction through Crossing the Border).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam Phillips' profession?
(a) Record producer.
2. Who sang "Fool about mah money/don't try to save"?
(a) Harmonica Frank.
(b) Little Richard.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Sam Phillips.
3. What type of music did Robert Johnson sing?
(a) Rock 'n' roll.
4. What is the "old American idea" that the worried man is stuck in according to Marcus?
(a) An innocent world.
(b) A joint-stock world.
(c) Tradition before change.
(d) The past as the present.
5. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what song does Marcus say "set the stage for rock 'n' roll"?
(a) "Up on Cripple Creek."
(b) "Rockin' Chair Daddy."
(c) "Howling Tomcat."
(d) "Mixed-Up Confusion."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus say failure mean to Americans in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
2. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," who is the "latest Ahab"?
3. Who does Marcus compare Phillips to in the beginning of "Harmonica Frank - 1951"?
4. Whom does Marcus claim puts the pieces together to find meaning in the music?
5. Who wrote the song entitled "Layla"?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)