|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Robert Johnson - 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is added in the middle of the chapter "Harmonica Frank -1951," set off with a note from the author?
(a) A footnote.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A digression.
(d) An appendix.
2. Who wrote: "You run without moving from a terror in which you cannot believe"?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Greil Marcus.
(c) William Faulkner.
(d) Robert Johnson.
3. How many songs did Johnson record before he died?
4. What religious group does Marcus compare blues singers to in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
5. What type of music did Harmonica Frank sing?
(d) Rock 'n roll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
2. According to Marcus, what do popular artists do for people?
3. What "spirit" does Harmonica Frank have that Marcus believes is truly American?
4. According to Marcus in "Harmonica Frank -1951," whose music caught the spirit and sound of Harmonica Frank and made it popular?
5. The Prologue states that Marcus wants to discuss rock 'n' roll in what context?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)