|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Robert Johnson - 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "spirit" does Harmonica Frank have that Marcus believes is truly American?
(a) Tender and free.
(b) Cruel and truthful.
(c) Unrepentant and free.
(d) Crazy and chaotic.
2. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the only way to quiet Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
(a) Walk away.
(b) Ear plugs.
(c) Turn it down.
(d) Turn it off.
3. Who said "If I could find a white man who had the Negro sound and the Negro feel . . . I could make a billion dollars"?
(a) Sam Phillips.
(b) Greil Marcus.
(c) Harmonica Frank.
(d) Carl Perkins.
4. How did Marcus feel when Elvis was drafted?
5. Why does Marcus believe it is important to study the stories of some performers even if the book does not encompass everything?
(a) The truth needs to be told.
(b) It is fun.
(c) It is a glimpse of the future.
(d) The story matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is added in the middle of the chapter "Harmonica Frank -1951," set off with a note from the author?
2. Who interrupts the fight over the book in the Prologue?
3. What is Sam Phillips' profession?
4. From what feeling does Robert Johnson pull his images?
5. In the Prologue, Marcus says that the music he will discuss dramatizes what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)