|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Robert Johnson - 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the song entitled "Layla"?
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Robert Johnson.
(c) Eric Clapton.
(d) Sly Stone.
2. Who interrupts the fight over the book in the Prologue?
(a) John Simon.
(b) Little Richard.
(c) Rita Moreno.
(d) Erich Segal.
3. What does Marcus say failure mean to Americans in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
4. How did Robert Johnson die?
(b) Old age.
(d) Drug overdose.
5. Who sang "Fool about mah money/don't try to save"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Sam Phillips.
(c) Harmonica Frank.
(d) Little Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus say each performer he will discuss in the book attempts to do?
2. In "Robert Johnson - 1938," why do some of Robert Johnson's contemporaries say that Johnson sold his soul to the devil?
3. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
4. Who wrote Why Are We in Vietnam?
5. What song does Marcus claim is Robert Johnson's most terrifying song?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)