|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Robert Johnson - 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," Marcus claims that Phillips was looking for music to do what?
(a) Confuse things.
(b) Affirm traditional roles.
(c) Anger people.
(d) Start a revolution.
2. What song of Elvis Presley's is mentioned as having the "young hold on freedom" and a "touch of fear" reminiscent to Robert Johnson's?
(a) "Peace in the Valley."
(b) "Hound Dog."
(c) "Blue Suede Shoes."
(d) "God's Song."
3. Whom does Marcus claim puts the pieces together to find meaning in the music?
(a) The critic.
(b) The audience.
(c) Rock 'n' rollers.
4. How did Harmonica Frank get his name?
(a) He was a blues singer.
(b) When he sang, he sounded like a harmonica.
(c) His mouth looked like a harmonica.
(d) He played the harmonica out of one side of his mouth.
5. What is the subject of Robert Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
(a) The end of the world as we know it.
(b) A woman the speaker misses.
(c) A man who wants power over other souls.
(d) A man seeking salvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus think the performers discussed in the Prologue have in common?
2. What song does Marcus claim is Robert Johnson's most terrifying song?
3. Who wrote: "You run without moving from a terror in which you cannot believe"?
4. In the Prologue, Marcus says that the music he will discuss dramatizes what?
5. From what song does Marcus quote to introduce the chapter "Robert Johnson -1938"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)