|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Harmonica Frank - 1951.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book discussed in the Prologue?
(a) Irwin Shaw.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Nicholas Sparks.
(d) Erich Segal.
2. What book is being discussed on the television show sketch used in the Prologue?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) Love Story.
(c) Rich Man, Poor Man.
(d) The Notebook.
3. What type of art does Marcus think rock 'n' roll is?
4. The Prologue states that Marcus wants to discuss rock 'n' roll in what context?
(a) As youth culture.
(b) As a counterculture.
(c) As American culture.
(d) As music in general.
5. According to Marcus in "Harmonica Frank -1951," whose music caught the spirit and sound of Harmonica Frank and made it popular?
(a) Bob Dylan.
(b) Sam Phillips.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Little Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about rock 'n' roll and democracy?
2. What does Marcus say each performer he will discuss in the book attempts to do?
3. What type of music did Harmonica Frank sing?
4. According to Marcus in "Harmonica Frank -1951," what do both Ahab and Huck have in common?
5. Who said "If you have a mother-in-law with only one eye, and that eye is in the middle of her forehead, you don't keep her in the living room"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)