|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Harmonica Frank - 1951.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marcus, what do popular artists do for people?
(a) Speak for them.
(b) Isolate them from people who dislike their music.
(c) Create a community.
(d) Take away fear and pain.
2. Who said "I played rock and roll before I ever heard of Elvis Presley. I saw him in Memphis before he ever made a record"?
(a) Little Richard.
(b) Harmonica Frank.
(c) Bob Dylan.
(d) Sam Phillips.
3. Who wrote the book discussed in the Prologue?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) Nicholas Sparks.
(c) Irwin Shaw.
(d) Erich Segal.
4. What is added in the middle of the chapter "Harmonica Frank -1951," set off with a note from the author?
(a) A digression.
(b) A footnote.
(c) An autobiography.
(d) An appendix.
5. What is Sam Phillips' profession?
(d) Record producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the television show that Greil Marcus uses as an example in the Prologue?
2. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
3. Who said "If you have a mother-in-law with only one eye, and that eye is in the middle of her forehead, you don't keep her in the living room"?
4. What does Marcus think the performers discussed in the Prologue have in common?
5. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)