|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Harmonica Frank - 1951.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marcus in "Harmonica Frank -1951," what do both Ahab and Huck have in common?
(a) They are after a dream that is not real.
(b) They go on adventures for the sake of adventure.
(c) They try to escape restraints and authority.
(d) They have aunts who try to civilize them.
2. According to the Prologue, why are Harmonica Frank and Robert Johnson included in Mystery Train?
(a) They are rock 'n' roll legends.
(b) They preceded rock 'n' roll.
(c) They were against rock 'n' roll.
(d) They taught the rock 'n' roll legends.
3. What book is being discussed on the television show sketch used in the Prologue?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) Love Story.
(c) The Notebook.
(d) Rich Man, Poor Man.
4. Who does Marcus compare Phillips to in the beginning of "Harmonica Frank - 1951"?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) Harmonica Frank.
5. Who wrote the book discussed in the Prologue?
(a) Nicholas Sparks.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Irwin Shaw.
(d) Erich Segal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus say each performer he will discuss in the book attempts to do?
2. According to Marcus, what was country music doing in the early 50s?
3. In the Prologue, Marcus says that the music he will discuss dramatizes what?
4. According to Marcus, what do popular artists do for people?
5. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)