|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Elvis Moves Out through Finale).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marcus, what do popular artists do for people?
(a) Speak for them.
(b) Create a community.
(c) Isolate them from people who dislike their music.
(d) Take away fear and pain.
2. What is Sly Stone's given name?
(a) Sly Stone.
(b) Stanley Stewart.
(c) Sylvester Stone.
(d) Sylvester Stewart.
3. Staggerlee and Sly Stone are both powerful, but what is different about them?
(a) Staggerlee had no emotion.
(b) Sly bought his fame.
(c) Sly did not kill anyone to get power.
(d) Staggerlee worked his way to the top.
4. In "Robert Johnson - 1938," why do some of Robert Johnson's contemporaries say that Johnson sold his soul to the devil?
(a) He bragged about it in his songs.
(b) He began speaking in tongues.
(c) He learned to play the blues quickly.
(d) He practiced voodoo.
5. How does Marcus define a band in "The Band"?
(a) A group of people who have been together for a long time.
(b) A singer, a drummer, and at least one guitarist.
(c) Individuals playing music together.
(d) Individuals working together to achieve something they cannot on their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "There's a mickie in the tastin' of disaster" (90)?
2. In "The Band," what problem does Marcus reveal about The Band's sense of community?
3. In what song does Sly Stone mock his own song "Thank you falettinme be mice elf Agin"?
4. In "The Band," what does Marcus point to as the reason that The Band had the influences of many different bands and yet had an original sound?
5. What was on the cover of Riot?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)