|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Elvis Moves Out through Finale).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Band," what does Marcus point to as the reason that The Band had the influences of many different bands and yet had an original sound?
(a) They stole from the best and pieced it together.
(b) They were musical geniuses.
(c) They were inheritors of rock 'n' roll.
(d) They studied under many different bands.
2. What church did Elvis attend as a boy?
(a) Assembly of God.
(b) He did not go to church.
(c) Seven Day Adventist.
(d) Christ the King.
3. What book is being discussed on the television show sketch used in the Prologue?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) Rich Man, Poor Man.
(c) The Notebook.
(d) Love Story.
4. What is the mood in the Riot album?
5. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
(a) "Rockin' Chair Daddy."
(b) "Rip It Up."
(c) "(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care."
(d) "Hound Dog."
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Carmen walking in the song "To Kingdom Come"?
2. Who said "This is the mystery of democracy . . . that its richest fruits spring up out of souls which no man has prepared and in circumstances where they are least expected"?
3. In "The Band," Marcus tells that Robbie Robertson believed the "music" came from where?
4. What does Marcus claim in "The Band" is not community?
5. In what voice does Newman sing his songs?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)