|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Elvis Moves Out through Finale).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus name the storyteller from The Band's lyrics?
(b) Big Pink.
(c) The worried man.
(d) The knight.
2. What was the original name of the Band in the early sixties?
(a) The Hawks.
(b) The Bush Beaters.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Robbie and the Rockers.
3. How many people came to see Elvis open a shopping center after he produced only one record?
4. What Randy Newman song does Marcus claim suggests that the we are being laughed at and life is a joke?
(a) "Burn On."
(b) "Short People."
(c) "God's Song."
5. In "Robert Johnson - 1938," why do some of Robert Johnson's contemporaries say that Johnson sold his soul to the devil?
(a) He practiced voodoo.
(b) He began speaking in tongues.
(c) He bragged about it in his songs.
(d) He learned to play the blues quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When referencing the South, who said "it's the only place in the country I've ever been where you can actually drive down the highway at night, and if you listen, you hear music"?
2. Why does Marcus believe it is important to study the stories of some performers even if the book does not encompass everything?
3. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
4. What is the name of Elvis' mother?
5. What is ironic about rock 'n' roll and democracy?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)