|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Elvis Moves Out through Finale).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many songs did Johnson record before he died?
2. Why does Marcus believe it is important to study the stories of some performers even if the book does not encompass everything?
(a) It is a glimpse of the future.
(b) The story matters.
(c) The truth needs to be told.
(d) It is fun.
3. What song does Marcus claim is Robert Johnson's most terrifying song?
(a) "Come on in My Kitchen."
(b) "Stones in My Passway."
(c) "Walking Blues."
(d) "Me and the Devil Blues."
4. According to Marcus, what problem does the storyteller of Stage Fright face?
(a) He resents his success.
(b) No one helps him when he reaches out.
(c) He cannot find home.
(d) He has lost his love.
5. According to Marcus, what was country music doing in the early 50s?
(a) Making people think.
(b) Making people feel better.
(c) Changing their lives.
(d) Boring them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Randy Newman song does Marcus claim suggests that the we are being laughed at and life is a joke?
2. From whom does Marcus quote in the beginning to introduce the myth of Staggerlee in "Sly Stone"?
3. In "The Band," what does Marcus say the Band felt was a mistake?
4. Who wrote "There's a mickie in the tastin' of disaster" (90)?
5. What was the original name of the style that Elvis sang?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)