|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections Introduction through Crossing the Border).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Band," Marcus tells that groups are images of what?
2. Who said "If I could find a white man who had the Negro sound and the Negro feel . . . I could make a billion dollars"?
(a) Harmonica Frank.
(b) Carl Perkins.
(c) Greil Marcus.
(d) Sam Phillips.
3. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," who is the "latest Ahab"?
(a) Huck Finn.
(b) Harmonica Frank.
(c) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(d) Bob Dylan.
4. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the American struggle?
(a) To be an artist and not lose oneself.
(b) To get rich quick.
(c) To free oneself from constraints and learn the value of those limits.
(d) To be the best and not hurt others.
5. Who said "I learned the words to Little Richard's songs the best I could and what I couldn't figure out didn't matter"?
(a) Robbie Robertson.
(b) Bo Diddley.
(c) Ronnie Hawkins.
(d) Bob Dylan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what gives music "mythical authority"?
2. What is ironic about rock 'n' roll and democracy?
3. According to Marcus in "The Band," what message did The Band originally try to get across?
4. What is Sam Phillips' profession?
5. From what feeling does Robert Johnson pull his images?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)