|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections Introduction through Crossing the Border).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said "I played rock and roll before I ever heard of Elvis Presley. I saw him in Memphis before he ever made a record"?
(a) Little Richard.
(b) Sam Phillips.
(c) Harmonica Frank.
(d) Bob Dylan.
2. In "The Band," Marcus tells that groups are images of what?
3. In "The Band," Marcus tells that Robbie Robertson believed the "music" came from where?
(c) The land.
4. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Chuck Berry.
(c) Sly Stone.
(d) Randy Newman.
5. Who said "If you have a mother-in-law with only one eye, and that eye is in the middle of her forehead, you don't keep her in the living room"?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Erich Segal.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Harmonica Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Band," what does Marcus say the Band felt was a mistake?
2. Why does Marcus believe it is important to study the stories of some performers even if the book does not encompass everything?
3. Who wrote Why Are We in Vietnam?
4. What "spirit" does Harmonica Frank have that Marcus believes is truly American?
5. The Prologue states that Marcus wants to discuss rock 'n' roll in what context?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)