|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections Introduction through Crossing the Border).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marcus, what do popular artists do for people?
(a) Create a community.
(b) Isolate them from people who dislike their music.
(c) Speak for them.
(d) Take away fear and pain.
2. How did Marcus feel when Elvis was drafted?
3. Who does Marcus compare Phillips to in the beginning of "Harmonica Frank - 1951"?
(a) Harmonica Frank.
(b) Huck Finn.
(c) Elvis Presley.
4. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," who is the "latest Ahab"?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Harmonica Frank.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) Bob Dylan.
5. What is the subject of Robert Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
(a) The end of the world as we know it.
(b) A man who wants power over other souls.
(c) A woman the speaker misses.
(d) A man seeking salvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus say failure mean to Americans in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
2. Who wrote Why Are We in Vietnam?
3. How many songs did Johnson record before he died?
4. Who wrote: "You run without moving from a terror in which you cannot believe"?
5. What does Marcus say each performer he will discuss in the book attempts to do?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)