|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections Introduction through Crossing the Border).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Robert Johnson - 1938," why do some of Robert Johnson's contemporaries say that Johnson sold his soul to the devil?
(a) He began speaking in tongues.
(b) He learned to play the blues quickly.
(c) He bragged about it in his songs.
(d) He practiced voodoo.
2. What is added in the middle of the chapter "Harmonica Frank -1951," set off with a note from the author?
(a) A footnote.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) An appendix.
(d) A digression.
3. What is the name of the television show that Greil Marcus uses as an example in the Prologue?
(a) The Late Show.
(b) Donny Carson's Show.
(c) The Dick Clark Show.
(d) The Dick Cavett Show.
4. In "The Band," to what does Marcus compare the song "We Can Talk About It Now"?
(a) The beginning of a new relationship.
(b) A merry-go-round.
(c) A roller coaster.
(d) A reunion.
5. How does Marcus define a band in "The Band"?
(a) A singer, a drummer, and at least one guitarist.
(b) A group of people who have been together for a long time.
(c) Individuals playing music together.
(d) Individuals working together to achieve something they cannot on their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sang "Fool about mah money/don't try to save"?
2. Who said "If you have a mother-in-law with only one eye, and that eye is in the middle of her forehead, you don't keep her in the living room"?
3. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," Marcus claims that Phillips was looking for music to do what?
4. Who does Marcus compare Phillips to in the beginning of "Harmonica Frank - 1951"?
5. Who wrote the book discussed in the Prologue?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)