|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Band - Pilgrims' Progress (Comprising sections Introduction through Crossing the Border).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Why Are We in Vietnam?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Harmonica Frank.
(d) Erich Segal.
2. The song "We Can Talk About It Now" creates what kind of image?
(a) The country at its worst.
(b) The country at its best.
(d) A broken heart.
3. With whom is Carmen walking in the song "To Kingdom Come"?
(a) Robbie Robertson.
(b) The worried man.
(c) Robert Johnson.
(d) The devil.
4. How did Robert Johnson die?
(a) Drug overdose.
(c) Old age.
5. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what song does Marcus say "set the stage for rock 'n' roll"?
(a) "Howling Tomcat."
(b) "Mixed-Up Confusion."
(c) "Up on Cripple Creek."
(d) "Rockin' Chair Daddy."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following performers will NOT be discussed in Mystery Train?
2. According to Marcus, what was country music doing in the early 50s?
3. What "spirit" does Harmonica Frank have that Marcus believes is truly American?
4. How does Marcus define a band in "The Band"?
5. What song of Elvis Presley's is mentioned as having the "young hold on freedom" and a "touch of fear" reminiscent to Robert Johnson's?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)