|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sly Stone - The Myth of Staggerlee (Comprising sections Sly Versus Superfly through A Quiet Rebellion).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary term does Marcus identify with the line "When he died, all he left us was alone"?
2. What does Marcus say failure mean to Americans in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
3. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the only way to quiet Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
(a) Walk away.
(b) Turn it off.
(c) Ear plugs.
(d) Turn it down.
4. In "The Band," Marcus tells that groups are images of what?
5. What did Seale attempt to use as a political threat?
(b) Criminal violence.
(c) Peaceful marches.
(d) The judicial system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcus compare Phillips to in the beginning of "Harmonica Frank - 1951"?
2. According to the critics Marcus references in "The Band," who was Robbie Robertson's "foil"?
3. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
4. According to Marcus in "The Band," what message did The Band originally try to get across?
5. Why does Marcus discuss many movies in "Sly Stone"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)