|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sly Stone - The Myth of Staggerlee (Comprising sections Sly Versus Superfly through A Quiet Rebellion).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Band," what does Marcus point to as the reason that The Band had the influences of many different bands and yet had an original sound?
(a) They studied under many different bands.
(b) They stole from the best and pieced it together.
(c) They were inheritors of rock 'n' roll.
(d) They were musical geniuses.
2. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the only way to quiet Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
(a) Turn it off.
(b) Walk away.
(c) Ear plugs.
(d) Turn it down.
3. Who did Marcus speak with while in Woodstock to interview Robbie Robertson?
(a) Bob Dylan.
(b) Dominique Robertson.
(c) Sly Stone.
(d) Robert Manuel.
4. What is the subject of Robert Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
(a) A man seeking salvation.
(b) The end of the world as we know it.
(c) A woman the speaker misses.
(d) A man who wants power over other souls.
5. How did Marcus feel when Elvis was drafted?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Band," to what does Marcus compare the song "We Can Talk About It Now"?
2. Who said "I learned the words to Little Richard's songs the best I could and what I couldn't figure out didn't matter"?
3. What album does Marcus say belongs to Richard Manuel in "The Band?
4. Why does Marcus discuss many movies in "Sly Stone"?
5. Who does Marcus compare Phillips to in the beginning of "Harmonica Frank - 1951"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)