|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sly Stone - The Myth of Staggerlee (Comprising sections Sly Versus Superfly through A Quiet Rebellion).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marcus in "Sly Stone," what is pop culture by definition?
2. From what song does Marcus quote to introduce the chapter "Robert Johnson -1938"?
(a) "Love in Vain."
(b) "All Shook Up."
(c) "Rip It Up."
(d) "Me and the Devil Blues."
3. Who did Marcus speak with while in Woodstock to interview Robbie Robertson?
(a) Sly Stone.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Robert Manuel.
(d) Dominique Robertson.
4. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what does Marcus tell was his first Elvis record?
(a) "Rip It Up."
(b) "Rockin' Chair Daddy."
(c) "Hound Dog."
(d) "(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care."
5. What did Seale attempt to use as a political threat?
(b) The judicial system.
(c) Peaceful marches.
(d) Criminal violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," what song does Marcus say "set the stage for rock 'n' roll"?
2. How does Marcus define a band in "The Band"?
3. What does Marcus claim in "The Band" is not community?
4. With whom is Carmen walking in the song "To Kingdom Come"?
5. In "The Band," what does Marcus say the Band felt was a mistake?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)