|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sly Stone - The Myth of Staggerlee (Comprising sections Sly Versus Superfly through A Quiet Rebellion).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what gives music "mythical authority"?
(a) When the singer uses a deeper tenor.
(b) When the music reflects life.
(c) When the songs attract fans.
(d) When the music tells a story.
2. What is the name of The Band's third album?
(a) Big Pink.
(c) Dirty Dozen.
(d) Stage Fright.
3. Who wrote Why Are We in Vietnam?
(a) Erich Segal.
(b) Norman Mailer.
(c) Harmonica Frank.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
4. Marcus believes that "There's a Riot Goin' On" is an example of what?
(a) A folk tale.
5. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the American struggle?
(a) To get rich quick.
(b) To be the best and not hurt others.
(c) To be an artist and not lose oneself.
(d) To free oneself from constraints and learn the value of those limits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcus compare Phillips to in the beginning of "Harmonica Frank - 1951"?
2. From what feeling does Robert Johnson pull his images?
3. Who, according to Marcus, gave Staggerlee the cruelest epitaph?
4. Who said "I learned the words to Little Richard's songs the best I could and what I couldn't figure out didn't matter"?
5. In "Harmonica Frank -1951," Marcus claims that Phillips was looking for music to do what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)