|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elvis - Presliad (Comprising sections Fanfare through The Rockabilly Moment).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sly Stone call his band?
(a) The Stones.
(b) The Family.
(c) The Band.
(d) Sly's Guys.
2. "Me and the Devil Blues" uses imagery that provokes what emotion?
3. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the American struggle?
(a) To get rich quick.
(b) To free oneself from constraints and learn the value of those limits.
(c) To be the best and not hurt others.
(d) To be an artist and not lose oneself.
4. What church did Elvis attend as a boy?
(a) Assembly of God.
(b) He did not go to church.
(c) Christ the King.
(d) Seven Day Adventist.
5. What does Marcus say failure mean to Americans in "Robert Johnson -1938"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the myth, who did Staggerlee shoot?
2. Whom did Bob Dylan claim was "America's greatest poet"?
3. What does Sly shout back at the band in "Africa Talks to You 'the Asphalt Jungle'"?
4. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what gives music "mythical authority"?
5. According to Marcus in "Robert Johnson -1938," what is the only way to quiet Johnson's song "Stones in My Passway"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)