• Greil Marcus begins with a sketch of The Dick Cavett Show.
• John Simon, Little Richard, Rita Moreno, and Erich Segal were all guests on the Cavett show.
• Everyone was discussing Segal's Love Story, and Little Richard interrupted claiming to be the only artist in the group.
• Marcus tells that he will explore the idea of artist and an artist's role in culture.
• Marcus tells he will be discussing rock 'n' roll and American culture.
• The Band, Sly Stone, Randy Newman, and Elvis will be used as examples.
• Harmonica Frank and Robert Johnson will be used as examples of men who led the way to rock 'n' roll.
• The music of all six examples show a vision of America and it' s imagined destiny.
• Marcus tells that the artist and audience are twined together and rely on each other.
• Marcus believes that Americans are looking to be both...
This section contains 1,994 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)