Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
2. What keeps Jim from visiting Antonia?
3. What is the connection between Jim and Virgil?
4. Who does Jim first encounter when he arrives at Antonia's home?
5. How does "Camille" affect Jim and Lena?
Death plays an important role in this novel. Write an essay:
1) describing the ways death is portrayed in the novel
2) examining the significance of death in the plot and character development
3) arguing what you believe the author is trying to say about mortality through the novel.
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
The influence of men on Antonia's development is a recurring topic in My Antonia. Select two of the following men and discuss the relationship between him and Antonia. Focus your discussion on the ways the the man does or does not influence her development in a positive way. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
3) Mr. Shimerda
4) Larry Donovan
My Antonia is primarily a first person narrative written from the point of view of Jim. Discuss how this fact influences the story. What biases does Jim bring to the story? How would the novel be different if another character was telling the story? Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)