Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
2. What keeps Jim from visiting Antonia?
3. What is the connection between Jim and Virgil?
4. Who does Jim first encounter when he arrives at Antonia's home?
5. How does "Camille" affect Jim and Lena?
Essay Topic 1
My Antonia is divided into four distinct books. Compare and contrast two of the books in this novel. Focus on:
1) the plot development
2) character development
3) themes presented in the book
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
My Antonia is primarily a first person narrative written from the point of view of Jim. Discuss how this fact influences the story. What biases does Jim bring to the story? How would the novel be different if another character was telling the story? Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
One of the themes My Antonia explores is family. Discuss what the novel has to say about this theme. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)