Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years pass before Jim visits Antonia again?
2. What does Jim call the road leading to his grandparents' farm?
3. Where does Lena tell Jim that Antonia is now working?
4. Which of the girls arrives at the river first?
5. What does Jim convince his grandparents to do for posterity?
One of the themes My Antonia explores is perseverance. Discuss what the novel has to say about this theme. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
My Antonia takes place over a time span of nearly 50 years. Discuss the impact of time on the plot and characters in the novel. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Death plays an important role in this novel. Write an essay:
1) describing the ways death is portrayed in the novel
2) examining the significance of death in the plot and character development
3) arguing what you believe the author is trying to say about mortality through the novel.
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)