|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at Jim's door as he is contemplating Virgil's words?
(a) Lena Linguard
(c) Gaston Cleric
(d) Larry Donovan
2. What does Jim plan on studying after graduating Harvard?
3. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
(a) He asks Antonia to stay with her family.
(b) He places a box of silver and papers under Antonia's bed.
(c) He kisses Antonia.
(d) He tells Antonia he is leaving his wife.
4. What keeps Jim from visiting Antonia?
(a) His wife
(b) Fear that she will reject him
(c) Fear at seeing her changed
(d) Preoccupation with his career
5. Who does Jim invite on a hunting trip in the Fall?
(a) Antonia's grandsons
(c) Two of Antonia's sons
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jim and Lena often go together in Lincoln?
2. According to Mrs. Steavens, why did Antonia come to her home each evening before getting married?
3. Who is the speaker at Jim's graduation?
4. Who does Antonia say will always be a part of her life?
5. How does Gaston Cleric help Jim?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)