|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become of Antonia's daughter with Larry Donovan?
(a) She went to live with her father.
(b) She is now married.
(c) She still lives with Antonia and her family.
(d) She passed away.
2. Who does Antonia say will always be a part of her life?
(b) Her father
(c) Her father and Jim
3. Where do Antonia and Jim walk to during his visit to the Shimerda farm?
(a) The river
(b) Mr. Shimerda's grave site
(c) The Burdens' old farm
(d) The spot where Jim killed the rattlesnake
4. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
(a) She was the only woman who would marry him.
(b) He thought he could cure her of her mental illness.
(c) He wanted to protect her from her own mental illness.
(d) He believed she was the only woman who could keep him steady.
5. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) Life on his grandparents' farm
(b) His love for Antonia
(c) His inadequate public school education
(d) Mr. Shimerda's death
Short Answer Questions
1. What became of Antonia's marriage to Larry Donovan?
2. What play entrances and enthralls Jim?
3. Where does Tiny open her hotel?
4. What becomes Antonia's primary preoccupation once she begins working for the Cutters?
5. What is the basis of the plot in the play "Camille?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the changes in Tiny Soderball's life from the point that Jim last saw her to present
2. How do Mr. and Mrs. Cutter respond to the incident in the Cutters' home between Jim and Wick?
3. What feelings does Antonia share with Jim as they wait for the others to arrive at the river? How does Jim reassure her?
4. Why does Jim believe he will never be a brilliant scholar?
5. Describe Cuzak's life story as he tells it to Jim
6. How does Jim mark his transition to manhood in this chapter?
7. Describe Larry Donovan from Jim's perspective.
8. Summarize the story Rudolph tells about the Cutters.
9. Describe Jim and Antonia's relationship after 20 years have passed
10. Who proposes to Lena? How does she respond?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)