|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He is too romantic.
(b) He is too focused on his studies.
(c) He is in love with Antonia.
(d) He needs to marry a country girl.
2. How does Tiny make her fortune?
(a) She inherits it from her parents.
(b) She marries a rich man.
(c) A patron at her hotel deeds his fortune to her.
(d) Her hotel is wildly successful.
3. Who does Jim invite on a hunting trip in the Fall?
(a) Two of Antonia's sons
(d) Antonia's grandsons
4. Why does Wick Cutter shoot his wife before killing himself?
(a) He has had contempt for her for years
(b) He wants to be with her for eternity
(c) So his will will be in effect since he outlived her
(d) She angers him
5. How does Larry Donovan's manner change when he is with women?
(a) He complains about his life choices.
(b) He is cool and distant.
(c) He speaks highly of his wife and child.
(d) He is flirtatious and overly friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the connection between Jim and Virgil?
2. What is occurring on the farms when Jim goes to visit Widow Steavens?
3. Where does Jim say he feels the most at home?
4. What upsetting news does Antonia learn in a letter from Larry Donovan prior to their marriage?
5. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)