|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim say he feels the most at home?
(a) At his grandparents' old farm
(b) At Antonia's farm
(c) In the pastures
(d) In Black Hawk
2. Who proposes to Lena several times?
(a) Colonel Raleigh
(c) The Polish violin teacher
(d) Gaston Cleric
3. What upsetting news does Antonia learn in a letter from Larry Donovan prior to their marriage?
(a) He is in love with another woman.
(b) They must move to Denver.
(c) They must move to Lincoln.
(d) He is not willing to marry her.
4. What is the basis of the plot in the play "Camille?"
(a) Two lovers who die
(b) Two starcrossed lovers
(c) Unrequited love
(d) Two lovers who quarrel
5. Where does Jim go on his only break during the summer?
(a) To visit the Shimerdas
(b) To visit Mr. Shimerda's grave
(c) To visit friends in Virginia
(d) To collect elder with Antonia and her friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim romanticize at the end of the novel?
2. How does Wick Cutter react when he finds Jim in his home?
3. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
4. What does Jim vow to Antonia before he leaves the farm?
5. What became of Antonia's marriage to Larry Donovan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mr. and Mrs. Cutter respond to the incident in the Cutters' home between Jim and Wick?
2. Why does Jim believe he will never be a brilliant scholar?
3. Describe Gaston Cleric
4. What causes Jim to reinterpret sections of Virgil's Georgics? How does he see a particular passage differently?
5. What event occurs as Jim stays at the Cutters' home?
6. Describe Jim's visit to Black Hawk in this chapter
7. How does Jim react to Antonia when he comes to visit her after many years?
8. What does Jim tell the group of girls to convince them that Spaniards settled in Nebraska?
9. What part of Camille most affects Jim?
10. How does dancing with Lena differ from dancing with Antonia in Jim's mind?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)