|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the connection between Jim and Virgil?
(a) They both speak Greek.
(b) They both revere small towns.
(c) They both appreciate beautiful women.
(d) They are both poets.
2. Who does Antonia say will always be a part of her life?
(b) Her father and Jim
(c) Her father
3. Why has Gaston Cleric been sent West?
(a) To start a new life
(b) To attend a university
(c) To study Greek
(d) To recover from a health issue
4. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
(a) Grandfather Burden
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(d) His wife
5. Where do Jim and Lena often go together in Lincoln?
(a) On long walks
(b) To Lena's dress shop
(c) To theatre shows
(d) To dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls arrives at the river first?
2. What became of Antonia's marriage to Larry Donovan?
3. How does Antonia react when Jim kisses her?
4. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
5. Where does Tiny open her hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim's grandmother react to Jim attending dances at the Fireman's Hall? How does Jim respond?
2. What does Jim tell the group of girls to convince them that Spaniards settled in Nebraska?
3. What part of Camille most affects Jim?
4. Describe Cuzak's life story as he tells it to Jim
5. Summarize the story Rudolph tells about the Cutters.
6. What feelings does Antonia share with Jim as they wait for the others to arrive at the river? How does Jim reassure her?
7. How does Jim mark his transition to manhood in this chapter?
8. Describe Larry Donovan from Jim's perspective.
9. Describe Antonia's preparations for marriage.
10. Why does Jim think it is ironic that Antonia's marriage failed?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)