Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) Life on his grandparents' farm
(b) His love for Antonia
(c) Mr. Shimerda's death
(d) His inadequate public school education
2. What keeps Jim from visiting Antonia?
(a) Fear at seeing her changed
(b) Preoccupation with his career
(c) Fear that she will reject him
(d) His wife
3. What is the connection between Jim and Virgil?
(a) They both speak Greek.
(b) They are both poets.
(c) They both appreciate beautiful women.
(d) They both revere small towns.
4. Who does Jim first encounter when he arrives at Antonia's home?
(a) Antonia's husband
(b) Two of Antonia's sons
(c) Antonia's daughter
5. How does "Camille" affect Jim and Lena?
(a) They are both shocked by its content.
(b) They both cry at the end of the play.
(c) Lena cries at the end of the play, but Jim is indifferent.
(d) They are left confused and homesick at the end of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Larry Donovan's manner change when he is with women?
2. Why does Antonia not ask Larry Donovan for a civil marriage?
3. What news that Lena shares with Jim about Antonia shocks him the most?
4. What does Ambrosch give Antonia when she leaves to marry Donovan?
5. Who does Jim invite on a hunting trip in the Fall?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)