|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
(a) He does not enjoy the dances.
(b) He is embarrassed after kissing Antonia.
(c) His grandmother believes the dances are disgraceful.
(d) Antonia asks him to stop attending the dances.
2. What news that Lena shares with Jim about Antonia shocks him the most?
(a) Her new employment position
(b) Her engagement to Larry Donovan
(c) Her change in attitude
(d) Her fading beauty
3. What did Wick Cutter do to trick his wife?
(a) He ran away with their possessions.
(b) He gave the deed to their house to Antonia.
(c) He left her in Omaha.
(d) He put her on the wrong train home.
4. Who does Antonia say will always be a part of her life?
(b) Her father and Jim
(d) Her father
5. What is the basis of the plot in the play "Camille?"
(a) Unrequited love
(b) Two lovers who die
(c) Two starcrossed lovers
(d) Two lovers who quarrel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim invite on a hunting trip in the Fall?
2. Why is Jim disappointed when he visits Black Hawk?
3. What does Jim tell Antonia he believes happened to her father's soul?
4. Where do Jim and Lena often go together in Lincoln?
5. Who does Jim hold responsible for Wick Cutter's negative actions?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)