|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Antonia's children about their mother when she was younger?
(a) She had a wild spirit.
(b) She was shy and withdrawn.
(c) She was difficult to get along with.
(d) She was beautiful and well liked.
2. What play entrances and enthralls Jim?
3. Where does Jim say he feels the most at home?
(a) At Antonia's farm
(b) At his grandparents' old farm
(c) In Black Hawk
(d) In the pastures
4. Where does Jim go on his only break during the summer?
(a) To visit friends in Virginia
(b) To visit Mr. Shimerda's grave
(c) To collect elder with Antonia and her friends
(d) To visit the Shimerdas
5. Who does Jim first encounter when he arrives at Antonia's home?
(a) Two of Antonia's sons
(b) Antonia's daughter
(d) Antonia's husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim's grandparents think of the dances Jim attends?
2. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
3. Who urges Jim to visit Antonia after many years?
4. What gives Wick Cutter an advantage with the immigrant farmers?
5. Why does Wick Cutter shoot his wife before killing himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the changes in Tiny Soderball's life from the point that Jim last saw her to present
2. Why does Jim believe he will never be a brilliant scholar?
3. Describe Larry Donovan from Jim's perspective.
4. What feelings does Antonia share with Jim as they wait for the others to arrive at the river? How does Jim reassure her?
5. Summarize the story Rudolph tells about the Cutters.
6. What event occurs as Jim stays at the Cutters' home?
7. How do Mr. and Mrs. Cutter respond to the incident in the Cutters' home between Jim and Wick?
8. What events occur when Jim visits Antonia?
9. Describe Wick Cutter.
10. Describe Antonia's preparations for marriage.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)