|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) His love for Antonia
(b) Mr. Shimerda's death
(c) His inadequate public school education
(d) Life on his grandparents' farm
2. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
(a) Antonia's belongings are missing.
(b) The house is in disarray.
(c) Wick Cutter's is dead.
(d) Wick Cutter is burning papers.
3. What character in "Camille" does Jim consider most sympathetic?
4. How does Wick Cutter react when he finds Jim in his home?
(a) He knows Jim is trying to protect Antonia.
(b) He beats him.
(c) He demands to see Antonia.
(d) He throws him out of the house.
5. What does Rudolph tell Jim was the source of much conflict between the Cutters?
(a) The fate of their property after their deaths
(b) Wick's infidelity
(c) Wick's obsession with Antonia
(d) Their differing personalities
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tiny open her hotel?
2. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
3. How does Larry Donovan's manner change when he is with women?
4. What do Jim's grandparents think of the dances Jim attends?
5. How many years pass before Jim visits Antonia again?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)