|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Antonia and Jim walk to during his visit to the Shimerda farm?
(a) Mr. Shimerda's grave site
(b) The Burdens' old farm
(c) The spot where Jim killed the rattlesnake
(d) The river
2. Who does Mrs. Harling tell Jim to ask about Antonia's marriage?
(a) His grandmother
(d) Mrs. Steavens
3. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) Mr. Shimerda's death
(b) His love for Antonia
(c) His inadequate public school education
(d) Life on his grandparents' farm
4. What character in "Camille" does Jim consider most sympathetic?
5. Who does Jim hold responsible for Wick Cutter's negative actions?
(c) His grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Antonia's primary preoccupation once she begins working for the Cutters?
2. Who does Jim invite on a hunting trip in the Fall?
3. Who does Jim see a photograph of while waiting for his grandparents?
4. What became of Antonia's marriage to Larry Donovan?
5. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jim and Antonia's relationship after 20 years have passed
2. Describe the changes in Tiny Soderball's life from the point that Jim last saw her to present
3. Describe Cuzak's life story as he tells it to Jim
4. Summarize the story Rudolph tells about the Cutters.
5. How does Jim react to Antonia when he comes to visit her after many years?
6. How does the novel come full circle at the end?
7. What does Jim see on the wall of the photographer's studio? How does this affect him?
8. Describe Wick Cutter.
9. Who proposes to Lena? How does she respond?
10. Why does Jim believe he will never be a brilliant scholar?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)