Short Answer Key
Introduction | Book 1: Chapter 1
1. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
They meet on the train.
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
3. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
4. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
His parents have passed away.
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
6. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
There is land as far as the eye can see.
Book 1: Chapter 2 | Book 1: Chapter 3
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
2. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
3. What does Jim's...
This section contains 2,684 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)