|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes Antonia's primary preoccupation once she begins working for the Cutters?
(a) Living a moral life
(b) Making money
(c) Mr. Cutter's comfort
(d) Attending dances and having a social life
2. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) Mr. Shimerda's death
(b) Life on his grandparents' farm
(c) His inadequate public school education
(d) His love for Antonia
3. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
(a) A Christmas tree
(b) A ring
(c) A horse
(d) A gift from Antonia
4. Which of the girls arrives at the river first?
5. What does Jim plan on studying after graduating Harvard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
2. What does Jim tell the girls is evidence that the Spanish settled in Nebraska?
3. What does Antonia tell Jim she believes is her purpose in life?
4. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
5. Where in Black Hawk is Antonia hired to work?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)