|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become of Antonia's daughter with Larry Donovan?
(a) She still lives with Antonia and her family.
(b) She passed away.
(c) She went to live with her father.
(d) She is now married.
2. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
(a) She helped him function as if he was sighted.
(b) She was supportive of him.
(c) She was angry.
(d) She was ashamed.
3. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(b) They meet on the train.
(c) The work for the same company in New York.
(d) They grew up in the same town.
4. How does Gaston Cleric help Jim?
(a) He awakens him to new ideas and learning.
(b) He teaches him Greek.
(c) He provides him with an audience for stories about Black Hawk.
(d) He keeps him company.
5. What is Mrs. Harling's only complaint about Antonia's work?
(a) She visits with Jim too often.
(b) She stops working to play with the children.
(c) She does too good of a job.
(d) She is sometimes late to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
3. Who does Jim often run into when he is in downtown Black Hawk?
4. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
5. What is occurring on the farms when Jim goes to visit Widow Steavens?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)