|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
2. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) Their families live in neighboring towns.
(b) They help other immigrants in the area.
(c) They are itinerant farm workers.
(d) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
3. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
(a) The coroner
(b) Grandfather Burden and Otto Fuchs
(c) A priest
(d) Otto Fuchs
4. What play entrances and enthralls Jim?
5. What does the phrase "Optima dies...prima fugit" mean?
(a) Beauty comes to small towns.
(b) I shall be the first to bring the Muse to my country.
(c) The worst days are the first to flee.
(d) The best days are the first to flee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
2. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
3. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
4. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)