|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He also dies.
(b) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(c) He returns to Russia.
(d) He goes to work for the railroad.
2. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A rattlesnake cane
(c) A pony
(d) A wagon
3. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To deliver a spade
(b) To borrow a spade
(c) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(d) To visit with he and Pavel.
4. What does Jim convince his grandparents to do for posterity?
(a) Have their picture taken
(b) Take his picture
(c) Record their family stories
(d) Write their wills
5. What gives Wick Cutter an advantage with the immigrant farmers?
(a) He is from Scandanavia.
(b) He speaks Swedish.
(c) He regularly makes donations to the Protestant church.
(d) He loans money without interest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim plan on studying after graduating Harvard?
2. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
3. Who does Jim see as the inspiration for all poetry?
4. Who does Jim's grandmother send to stay in the Cutter's house in place of Antonia?
5. According to Mrs. Steavens, why did Antonia come to her home each evening before getting married?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)