|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
(a) Her attitude
(b) Her sense of humor
(c) Her ability to speak English
(d) Her manners
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He kills a rattlesnake.
(b) He teaches her to read.
(c) He catches a prairie dog.
(d) He rescues her brother.
3. Which of the following is not something Jim notices about Antonia when he goes to visit her in this chapter?
(a) She looks tired.
(b) She is much thinner.
(c) She has color and health in her face.
(d) She is quiet and reserved.
4. According to Mrs. Steavens, why did Antonia come to her home each evening before getting married?
(a) To ask for marital advice
(b) To sew for her marriage
(c) To plan her wedding
(d) To earn extra money
5. How does Jim feel when swimming in the river?
(a) Confused and frustrated
(b) Peaceful and contented
(c) Excited and alive
(d) Anxious and unsettled
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
2. How does "Camille" affect Jim and Lena?
3. Where does Jim stay when he is in Lincoln?
4. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
5. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)