|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) His grandfather
(b) Jake Marpole
(c) Otto Fuchs
2. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(a) The Harlings
(c) His grandparents
(d) Mr. Shimerda
3. How does Gaston Cleric help Jim?
(a) He keeps him company.
(b) He awakens him to new ideas and learning.
(c) He teaches him Greek.
(d) He provides him with an audience for stories about Black Hawk.
4. What does Ambrosch give Antonia when she leaves to marry Donovan?
(a) Family heirlooms
(c) His blessing
5. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) Mr. Shimerda's death
(b) His love for Antonia
(c) Life on his grandparents' farm
(d) His inadequate public school education
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
2. What is the basis of the plot in the play "Camille?"
3. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
4. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
5. What does Jim find as an unusual trait in Cuzak?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)