|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim vow to Antonia before he leaves the farm?
(a) He will never forget her.
(b) He will marry her someday.
(c) He will return to Black Hawk to live.
(d) He will visit her again.
2. What has become of Antonia's daughter with Larry Donovan?
(a) She went to live with her father.
(b) She is now married.
(c) She still lives with Antonia and her family.
(d) She passed away.
3. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They never complain.
(b) They shut themselves off from the community.
(c) The complain constantly.
(d) They ask the Burdens to help them.
4. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(b) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) They are not Catholics.
5. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(b) The Harlings
(c) His grandparents
(d) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
2. Who does Tiny convince to move to San Francisco with her?
3. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
4. Who does Antonia tell that Jim tried to kill Lena back in Bohemia?
5. According to Mrs. Steavens, why did Antonia come to her home each evening before getting married?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)