|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They are not Catholics.
(b) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(a) Physical strength
(b) Devotion to work
(c) Devotion to family
3. Who urges Jim to visit Antonia after many years?
(a) His grandmother
(d) His wife
4. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She is older than he is.
(b) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(c) She is from a different culture than he is.
(d) She believes females are superior to males.
5. Who does Jim realize he wants to see again?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
2. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
3. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
4. What does the phrase "Optima dies...prima fugit" mean?
5. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)