|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They meet on the train.
(b) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(c) They grew up in the same town.
(d) The work for the same company in New York.
2. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They are not Catholics.
(b) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
3. How does Antonia show her affection for Charley?
(a) By teaching him to read
(b) By making him his favorite treats
(c) By kissing and tickling him
(d) By playing with him more than Nina
4. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he punched Ambrosch
(b) Because he was involved in a bar fight
(c) Because he broke a traffic law
(d) Because he failed to pay taxes
5. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim find as an unusual trait in Cuzak?
2. How does Jim characterize the woman who plays the character, Marguerite?
3. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
4. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
5. Who does Jim first encounter when he arrives at Antonia's home?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)