|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Antonia and Jim walk to during his visit to the Shimerda farm?
(a) Mr. Shimerda's grave site
(b) The Burdens' old farm
(c) The spot where Jim killed the rattlesnake
(d) The river
2. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(b) The Shimerda family
(d) Mr. Shimerda
3. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
(a) At her dress shop
(b) At the library
(c) At his apartment
(d) At a restaurant
4. What has become of Antonia's daughter with Larry Donovan?
(a) She passed away.
(b) She still lives with Antonia and her family.
(c) She went to live with her father.
(d) She is now married.
5. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(b) Mr. Shimerda's death
(c) Accusations against Ambrosch
(d) A broken ax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
2. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
4. What character in "Camille" does Jim consider most sympathetic?
5. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)