|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) Accusations against Ambrosch
(b) A broken ax.
(c) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(d) Mr. Shimerda's death
2. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
(a) Her manners
(b) Her attitude
(c) Her ability to speak English
(d) Her sense of humor
3. What does Jim plan on studying after graduating Harvard?
4. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) Their families live in neighboring towns.
(b) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
(c) They are itinerant farm workers.
(d) They help other immigrants in the area.
5. What does Jim tell Antonia he believes happened to her father's soul?
(a) It is in limbo.
(b) It went to Heaven.
(c) It returned to Bohemia.
(d) It resides in the Shimerda's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do women generally respond to Larry Donovan?
2. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
3. What does Antonia tell Jim she believes is her purpose in life?
4. What does Jim vow to Antonia before he leaves the farm?
5. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)