|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) To live above the Burdens' home
(b) Into Purgatory
(c) Back to Germany
(d) To Heaven
2. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
(a) Grandmother Burden
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) He never leaves the woman's side.
(b) The woman leaves during the trip.
(c) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(d) He appears to be in love with the woman.
4. What does Tiny often share with Lena?
(a) The room she rents at the hotel
(b) The wages she earns working at the hotel
(c) News of the old country
(d) The gifts she receives from men staying at the hotel
5. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
(a) Jim and Antonia visit the hotel.
(b) The manager is out of town.
(c) The country girls are in town.
(d) Tiny is promoted to the manager position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
2. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
3. Where does Jim stay when he is in Lincoln?
4. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
5. What does Jim plan on studying after graduating Harvard?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)