|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Jim notices about Antonia when he goes to visit her in this chapter?
(a) She looks tired.
(b) She is quiet and reserved.
(c) She has color and health in her face.
(d) She is much thinner.
2. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His cow
(b) His home
(c) His plough
(d) His horse
3. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She is older than he is.
(b) She is from a different culture than he is.
(c) She believes females are superior to males.
(d) She believes she is smarter than he is.
4. Who does Jim often run into when he is in downtown Black Hawk?
(b) Mr. Harling
5. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
(a) At the corner of the family's lot of land
(b) In Bohemia
(c) In a cemetery
(d) On the Burdens' farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
2. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
3. What does Jim tell Antonia's children about their mother when she was younger?
4. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Jim realize he wants to see again?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)