|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He also dies.
(b) He returns to Russia.
(c) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(d) He goes to work for the railroad.
2. How does Wick Cutter react when he finds Jim in his home?
(a) He throws him out of the house.
(b) He knows Jim is trying to protect Antonia.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He demands to see Antonia.
3. How does Larry Donovan's manner change when he is with women?
(a) He complains about his life choices.
(b) He is cool and distant.
(c) He speaks highly of his wife and child.
(d) He is flirtatious and overly friendly.
4. Where do Antonia and Jim walk to during his visit to the Shimerda farm?
(a) Mr. Shimerda's grave site
(b) The river
(c) The Burdens' old farm
(d) The spot where Jim killed the rattlesnake
5. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
2. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
3. Who does Antonia tell that Jim tried to kill Lena back in Bohemia?
4. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
5. To whom is Wick Cutter particularly nice?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)