|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
(a) He tells Antonia he is leaving his wife.
(b) He kisses Antonia.
(c) He asks Antonia to stay with her family.
(d) He places a box of silver and papers under Antonia's bed.
2. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
3. What is Mrs. Harling's only complaint about Antonia's work?
(a) She does too good of a job.
(b) She visits with Jim too often.
(c) She stops working to play with the children.
(d) She is sometimes late to work.
4. What becomes Antonia's primary preoccupation once she begins working for the Cutters?
(a) Attending dances and having a social life
(b) Making money
(c) Mr. Cutter's comfort
(d) Living a moral life
5. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) deeply sad.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) cruel and unforgiving.
(d) dangerous and unpredictable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the phrase "Optima dies...prima fugit" mean?
2. What reputation does the Boys' Home Hotel have?
3. Where do Antonia and Jim walk to during his visit to the Shimerda farm?
4. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
5. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)