|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
(a) A priest
(b) Grandfather Burden and Otto Fuchs
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) The coroner
2. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He is too focused on his studies.
(b) He needs to marry a country girl.
(c) He is too romantic.
(d) He is in love with Antonia.
3. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(a) Grandfather Burden's ax
(b) Krajiek's ax
(c) A gun
4. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) Accusations against Ambrosch
(b) A broken ax.
(c) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(d) Mr. Shimerda's death
5. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
(a) He asks Antonia to stay with her family.
(b) He places a box of silver and papers under Antonia's bed.
(c) He tells Antonia he is leaving his wife.
(d) He kisses Antonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
2. How does Jim feel when swimming in the river?
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
4. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
5. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)