|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
(a) Many of the country people like Antonia.
(b) Antonia is a hard worker.
(c) Antonia goes to many dances.
(d) Ambrosch hires Antonia out like a man.
2. How does Gaston Cleric help Jim?
(a) He teaches him Greek.
(b) He awakens him to new ideas and learning.
(c) He keeps him company.
(d) He provides him with an audience for stories about Black Hawk.
3. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
(a) In Bohemia
(b) In a cemetery
(c) At the corner of the family's lot of land
(d) On the Burdens' farm
4. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
(a) Playing the saxophone
(b) Playing the piano
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) Jake Marpole
(c) His grandfather
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim go on his only break during the summer?
2. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
3. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
4. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
5. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)