|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
(a) Wick Cutter is burning papers.
(b) The house is in disarray.
(c) Antonia's belongings are missing.
(d) Wick Cutter's is dead.
2. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Her friendship
(b) Help on the farm
(c) Wild mushrooms
(d) Her ring
3. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
(a) Antonia tells stories of Bohemia.
(b) Antonia bakes treats for the family and visitors.
(c) The family gathers in the kitchen.
(d) The family gathers in the parlor.
4. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(b) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(c) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(d) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
5. Who does Antonia tell that Jim tried to kill Lena back in Bohemia?
(a) Ole Benson's wife
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(d) Wick Cutter
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
2. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
3. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
4. What did Wick Cutter do to trick his wife?
5. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)