|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
(b) A photo of his mother
(c) Special ornaments from Austria
(d) Ornaments from the Shimerdas
2. What does Jim tell Antonia he believes happened to her father's soul?
(a) It resides in the Shimerda's home.
(b) It is in limbo.
(c) It went to Heaven.
(d) It returned to Bohemia.
3. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(b) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
(c) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(d) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
4. Who does Antonia tell that Jim tried to kill Lena back in Bohemia?
(a) Ole Benson's wife
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(c) Wick Cutter
5. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
(b) His wife
(d) Grandfather Burden
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
2. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
3. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
4. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
5. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)