|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) They are itinerant farm workers.
(b) Their families live in neighboring towns.
(c) They help other immigrants in the area.
(d) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
2. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To deliver a spade
(b) To borrow a spade
(c) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(d) To visit with he and Pavel.
3. How has Mr. Harling made his money?
(a) He is a cattle buyer.
(b) He is the owner of a general store.
(c) He is a grain merchant.
(d) He is a cattle buyer and grain merchant.
4. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(d) New York
5. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(b) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(c) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
(d) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
2. What nickname is Antonia given?
3. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
4. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
5. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)