|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
(a) She does not approve of working women.
(b) She has a reputation for being flirtatious.
(c) She believes working at a hotel is inappropriate for a woman.
(d) She does not like country girls.
2. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
(a) Russian Peter
(b) Gaston Cleric
(c) Otto Fuchs
3. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) dangerous and unpredictable.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) cruel and unforgiving.
(d) deeply sad.
4. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
(b) A photo of his mother
(c) Special ornaments from Austria
(d) Ornaments from the Shimerdas
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(d) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
2. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
3. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
4. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
5. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)