|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(a) Wick Cutter
(d) Mr. Shimerda
2. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To deliver a spade
(b) To visit with he and Pavel.
(c) To borrow a spade
(d) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
3. How does Jim feel when swimming in the river?
(a) Anxious and unsettled
(b) Peaceful and contented
(c) Excited and alive
(d) Confused and frustrated
4. Why has Gaston Cleric been sent West?
(a) To study Greek
(b) To recover from a health issue
(c) To attend a university
(d) To start a new life
5. How does Wick Cutter react when he finds Jim in his home?
(a) He throws him out of the house.
(b) He demands to see Antonia.
(c) He knows Jim is trying to protect Antonia.
(d) He beats him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gaston Cleric help Jim?
2. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
3. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
4. How does Antonia react when Jim kisses her?
5. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)