|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(b) The Shimerda family
(c) Mr. Shimerda
2. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
(a) Antonia goes to many dances.
(b) Antonia is a hard worker.
(c) Many of the country people like Antonia.
(d) Ambrosch hires Antonia out like a man.
3. Where does Jim stay when he is in Lincoln?
(a) In rooms he rents from an elderly couple
(b) With his grandparents
(c) With Gaston Cleric
(d) In a hotel
4. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
(b) To cook
(c) Basic math
(d) To read English
5. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
(a) 1 year
(b) 13 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 3 years
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
2. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
3. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
4. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
5. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)