|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(a) Poisonous plants
2. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
(a) The community protests the dances.
(b) The dance tent becomes the social center of town.
(c) The dance tent encourages immoral behavior.
(d) The community is ambivalent about the dances.
3. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
(a) A priest
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) The coroner
(d) Grandfather Burden and Otto Fuchs
4. How does Antonia react when Jim kisses her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She is uncomfortable.
(d) She is delighted.
5. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he punched Ambrosch
(b) Because he was involved in a bar fight
(c) Because he broke a traffic law
(d) Because he failed to pay taxes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
2. Where does Jim stay when he is in Lincoln?
3. How does Wick Cutter react when he finds Jim in his home?
4. How does Antonia show her affection for Charley?
5. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)