|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(a) Physical strength
(c) Devotion to work
(d) Devotion to family
2. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents are unable to care for him.
(b) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(c) His parents have passed away.
(d) His parents have divorced.
3. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
(a) He tells Antonia he is leaving his wife.
(b) He asks Antonia to stay with her family.
(c) He kisses Antonia.
(d) He places a box of silver and papers under Antonia's bed.
4. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
(a) Her ability to speak English
(b) Her sense of humor
(c) Her attitude
(d) Her manners
5. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He is in love with Antonia.
(b) He is too romantic.
(c) He needs to marry a country girl.
(d) He is too focused on his studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
2. Who is the speaker at Jim's graduation?
3. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
4. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
5. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)