|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
(a) She helped him function as if he was sighted.
(b) She was ashamed.
(c) She was angry.
(d) She was supportive of him.
2. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
(a) They come from the same country.
(b) They trust him.
(c) They look up to him.
(d) They rely on him to teach them about the US.
3. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
(d) Wick Cutter
4. Where does Jim stay when he is in Lincoln?
(a) With Gaston Cleric
(b) With his grandparents
(c) In a hotel
(d) In rooms he rents from an elderly couple
5. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) Into Purgatory
(b) To Heaven
(c) To live above the Burdens' home
(d) Back to Germany
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
2. Where do Otto and Jake go when the Burdens sell their farm?
3. How does Jim feel when swimming in the river?
4. Who does Jim's grandmother send to stay in the Cutter's house in place of Antonia?
5. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)