|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both live in Black Hawk.
(b) Both are Bohemian.
(c) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(d) Both are from Austria.
2. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
3. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(d) Wick Cutter
4. What nickname is Antonia given?
5. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(b) They are not Catholics.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) They believe he is already in Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
2. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
3. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
4. How does Antonia show her affection for Charley?
5. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)