|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wick Cutter react when he finds Jim in his home?
(a) He demands to see Antonia.
(b) He throws him out of the house.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He knows Jim is trying to protect Antonia.
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(d) New York
3. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
(a) Gaston Cleric
(b) Russian Peter
(c) Otto Fuchs
4. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
(a) The country girls are in town.
(b) The manager is out of town.
(c) Tiny is promoted to the manager position.
(d) Jim and Antonia visit the hotel.
5. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
2. What does Wick Cutter do before leaving for Omaha that Grandmother Burden finds suspicious?
3. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
4. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
5. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)