|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is injured on the job.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) Peter moves to another farm.
(d) He has nightmares.
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(c) New York
3. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
(a) Dried mushrooms
(d) A promise of repayment
4. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Writes to his mother
(b) Cleans the horse stables
(c) Decorates the Christmas tree
(d) Visits the Shimerdas
5. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
(a) The dance tent encourages immoral behavior.
(b) The dance tent becomes the social center of town.
(c) The community protests the dances.
(d) The community is ambivalent about the dances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
3. What becomes Antonia's primary preoccupation once she begins working for the Cutters?
4. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)