|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(b) Mr. Shimerda's death
(c) Accusations against Ambrosch
(d) A broken ax.
2. Where do Otto and Jake go when the Burdens sell their farm?
(a) Back to Germany
(b) They move into Black Hawk with the Burdens.
(c) Back to the Wild West
(d) To work on another farm
3. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
4. What do Jim's grandparents think of the dances Jim attends?
(a) They encourage him to have an active social life.
(b) They are unaware of the dances.
(c) They believe the dances are harmless.
(d) They do not approve of the dances.
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(b) Jake Marpole
(c) His grandfather
(d) Otto Fuchs
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
2. Why has Gaston Cleric been sent West?
3. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
4. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
5. What did Wick Cutter do to trick his wife?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)