|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
(a) Many of the country people like Antonia.
(b) Ambrosch hires Antonia out like a man.
(c) Antonia is a hard worker.
(d) Antonia goes to many dances.
2. What gives Wick Cutter an advantage with the immigrant farmers?
(a) He is from Scandanavia.
(b) He regularly makes donations to the Protestant church.
(c) He loans money without interest
(d) He speaks Swedish.
3. Who does Jim hold responsible for Wick Cutter's negative actions?
(d) His grandmother
4. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father does not love her mother.
(b) Her father is not doing well.
(c) Her father plans to kill himself.
(d) Her father used to be a violinist.
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
2. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
4. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
5. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)