|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
(a) Her attitude
(b) Her sense of humor
(c) Her ability to speak English
(d) Her manners
2. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(b) They are not Catholics.
(c) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(d) They are not religious.
3. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(c) New York
4. What reputation does the Boys' Home Hotel have?
(a) It is considered the best in the area.
(b) It is considered an elite, high priced establishment.
(c) It is considered a safe place for men, but not women, to stay.
(d) It is considered a seedy hotel.
5. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father does not love her mother.
(b) Her father used to be a violinist.
(c) Her father is not doing well.
(d) Her father plans to kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
2. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
3. What does Jim tell Antonia he believes happened to her father's soul?
4. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
5. What nickname is Antonia given?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)