|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
(a) At the corner of the family's lot of land
(b) In a cemetery
(c) In Bohemia
(d) On the Burdens' farm
2. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A pony
(b) A rattlesnake cane
(c) A bicycle
(d) A wagon
3. How does Lena feel when her brother leaves Black Hawk after a visit?
4. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He is too romantic.
(b) He is in love with Antonia.
(c) He is too focused on his studies.
(d) He needs to marry a country girl.
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
(c) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the girls is evidence that the Spanish settled in Nebraska?
2. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
3. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
4. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
5. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)