|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) His inadequate public school education
(b) Life on his grandparents' farm
(c) Mr. Shimerda's death
(d) His love for Antonia
2. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
(b) Wick Cutter
3. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
(b) A promise of repayment
(d) Dried mushrooms
4. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Fatherly advice
(b) His farm
(c) Antonia's hand in marriage
(d) His gun
5. What reputation does the Boys' Home Hotel have?
(a) It is considered a safe place for men, but not women, to stay.
(b) It is considered a seedy hotel.
(c) It is considered an elite, high priced establishment.
(d) It is considered the best in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
2. Who does Jim's grandmother send to stay in the Cutter's house in place of Antonia?
3. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
4. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
5. What does Tiny often share with Lena?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)