|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(b) Both live in Black Hawk.
(c) Both are from Austria.
(d) Both are Bohemian.
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) Jim's grandfather
3. How does Lena feel when her brother leaves Black Hawk after a visit?
4. Where does Jim stay when he is in Lincoln?
(a) With Gaston Cleric
(b) With his grandparents
(c) In rooms he rents from an elderly couple
(d) In a hotel
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To borrow a spade
(b) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(c) To deliver a spade
(d) To visit with he and Pavel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
2. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
3. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
4. What gives Wick Cutter an advantage with the immigrant farmers?
5. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)