|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
(a) Antonia tells stories of Bohemia.
(b) Antonia bakes treats for the family and visitors.
(c) The family gathers in the kitchen.
(d) The family gathers in the parlor.
2. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(b) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
(c) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(d) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
3. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(c) Mrs. Shimerda
4. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
(a) They rely on him to teach them about the US.
(b) They trust him.
(c) They come from the same country.
(d) They look up to him.
5. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) Accusations against Ambrosch
(b) A broken ax.
(c) Mr. Shimerda's death
(d) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
2. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
3. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
4. How does Antonia show her affection for Charley?
5. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)