|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) He is injured on the job.
(d) Peter moves to another farm.
2. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) Into Purgatory
(b) To live above the Burdens' home
(c) To Heaven
(d) Back to Germany
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
4. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
(a) A horse
(b) A gift from Antonia
(c) A Christmas tree
(d) A ring
5. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
(c) Wick Cutter
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
2. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
3. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
4. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
5. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)