|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
(a) Grandfather Burden and Otto Fuchs
(b) A priest
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) The coroner
2. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Decorates the Christmas tree
(b) Writes to his mother
(c) Cleans the horse stables
(d) Visits the Shimerdas
3. Where in Black Hawk is Antonia hired to work?
(a) At the school
(b) The Harlings' home
(c) The Burdens' home
(d) The Boy's Home Hotel
4. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Her friendship
(b) Wild mushrooms
(c) Her ring
(d) Help on the farm
5. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
(a) They rely on him to teach them about the US.
(b) They come from the same country.
(c) They trust him.
(d) They look up to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
2. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
3. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
4. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
5. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)