|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents have divorced.
(b) His parents have passed away.
(c) His parents are unable to care for him.
(d) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
2. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She is older than he is.
(b) She believes females are superior to males.
(c) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(d) She is from a different culture than he is.
3. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) A wagon
(b) A horse collar
(c) An ax
(d) A cow
4. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) deeply sad.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) cruel and unforgiving.
(d) dangerous and unpredictable.
5. What does Tiny often share with Lena?
(a) The gifts she receives from men staying at the hotel
(b) The room she rents at the hotel
(c) The wages she earns working at the hotel
(d) News of the old country
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
2. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
3. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
4. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
5. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)