|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
(a) The family gathers in the kitchen.
(b) Antonia bakes treats for the family and visitors.
(c) Antonia tells stories of Bohemia.
(d) The family gathers in the parlor.
2. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They grew up in the same town.
(b) The work for the same company in New York.
(c) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(d) They meet on the train.
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
4. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
(a) To cook
(b) Basic math
(c) To read English
5. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(b) Poisonous plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
2. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
3. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
4. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
5. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)