|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They are not religious.
(b) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(c) They are not Catholics.
(d) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
2. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(b) Otto Fuchs
3. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) Grandfather Burden
4. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He dislikes his wife.
(b) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
(c) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
(d) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim often run into when he is in downtown Black Hawk?
2. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
3. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
4. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
5. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)