|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
(a) The Burdens cannot afford to purchase presents.
(b) They do not want to appear pretentious to the Shimerdas.
(c) They know the Shimerdas prefer handmade gifts.
(d) The family is snowed in and cannot get to the store.
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(c) New York
3. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They never complain.
(b) The complain constantly.
(c) They shut themselves off from the community.
(d) They ask the Burdens to help them.
4. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
(a) There are many immigrants living in the area.
(b) There is land as far as the eye can see.
(c) The farm is extremely quiet.
(d) There are few trees in the area.
5. Where in Black Hawk is Antonia hired to work?
(a) The Burdens' home
(b) The Boy's Home Hotel
(c) The Harlings' home
(d) At the school
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
3. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
4. Why does Lena Lingard's presence at the Harlings' home make Antonia uncomfortable?
5. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)