|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
(c) Grandmother Burden
2. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They are not Catholics.
(b) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) They believe he is already in Heaven.
3. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
(a) Antonia tells stories of Bohemia.
(b) The family gathers in the kitchen.
(c) Antonia bakes treats for the family and visitors.
(d) The family gathers in the parlor.
4. What does Antonia say was found in the pocket of the tramp who died in the thresher?
(b) A letter from his wife
(c) A poem
(d) A suicide note
5. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he broke a traffic law
(b) Because he failed to pay taxes
(c) Because he was involved in a bar fight
(d) Because he punched Ambrosch
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
2. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
3. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
4. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
5. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)