|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His home
(b) His cow
(c) His plough
(d) His horse
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(a) Krajiek's ax
(b) Grandfather Burden's ax
(d) A gun
3. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He returns to Russia.
(b) He also dies.
(c) He goes to work for the railroad.
(d) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
4. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
(a) Her ability to speak English
(b) Her attitude
(c) Her sense of humor
(d) Her manners
5. Who does Jim often run into when he is in downtown Black Hawk?
(c) Mr. Harling
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
2. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
3. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
4. What does Antonia say was found in the pocket of the tramp who died in the thresher?
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)