|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(d) The Shimerda family
2. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To borrow a spade
(b) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(c) To deliver a spade
(d) To visit with he and Pavel.
3. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) Peter moves to another farm.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is injured on the job.
(d) He has nightmares.
4. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) A horse collar
(b) A cow
(c) An ax
(d) A wagon
5. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He teaches her to read.
(b) He rescues her brother.
(c) He catches a prairie dog.
(d) He kills a rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
2. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
3. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
4. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
5. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)