|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
(b) To cook
(c) To read English
(d) Basic math
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He kills a rattlesnake.
(c) He rescues her brother.
(d) He teaches her to read.
3. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
(a) He is an illegal immigrant.
(b) He is a fugitive from the law.
(c) He left his wife to come to the United States.
(d) He is an anarchist.
4. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(c) Jim's grandparents
(d) The Burdens
5. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Antonia's hand in marriage
(b) Fatherly advice
(c) His gun
(d) His farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
2. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
3. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
4. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
5. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)