|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
(a) A dish
(b) A blanket
(c) A bed
(d) A coat
2. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
(a) Antonia is mean but Ambrosch is kind.
(b) Ambrosch is much harder working than Antonia.
(c) Ambrosch is much more social than Anotnia is.
(d) Ambrosch is mean but Antonia is kind.
3. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(b) New York
4. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) dangerous and unpredictable.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) deeply sad.
(d) cruel and unforgiving.
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Jim's grandparents
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) The Burdens
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lena feel when her brother leaves Black Hawk after a visit?
2. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
3. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
4. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
5. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)