|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antonia tell that Jim tried to kill Lena back in Bohemia?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(c) Ole Benson's wife
(d) Wick Cutter
2. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
(b) Help his wife set up their home
(c) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
(d) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
3. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
(a) Grandfather Burden and Otto Fuchs
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) The coroner
(d) A priest
4. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Visits the Shimerdas
(b) Cleans the horse stables
(c) Decorates the Christmas tree
(d) Writes to his mother
5. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
3. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
4. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
5. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)