|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(c) The Shimerdas
2. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) The complain constantly.
(b) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(c) They shut themselves off from the community.
(d) They never complain.
3. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
4. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are from Austria.
(b) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(c) Both live in Black Hawk.
(d) Both are Bohemian.
5. What nickname is Antonia given?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
2. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
4. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
5. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)