|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiny often share with Lena?
(a) The gifts she receives from men staying at the hotel
(b) News of the old country
(c) The room she rents at the hotel
(d) The wages she earns working at the hotel
2. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
(a) Ambrosch is much more social than Anotnia is.
(b) Ambrosch is mean but Antonia is kind.
(c) Ambrosch is much harder working than Antonia.
(d) Antonia is mean but Ambrosch is kind.
3. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) dangerous and unpredictable.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) cruel and unforgiving.
(d) deeply sad.
4. Which of the following is not a regular occurrence in the evenings at the Harling house?
(a) The family gathers in the kitchen.
(b) Antonia bakes treats for the family and visitors.
(c) The family gathers in the parlor.
(d) Antonia tells stories of Bohemia.
5. How has Mr. Harling made his money?
(a) He is the owner of a general store.
(b) He is a grain merchant.
(c) He is a cattle buyer.
(d) He is a cattle buyer and grain merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
2. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
3. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
4. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
5. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)