|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
(a) Many of the country people like Antonia.
(b) Antonia is a hard worker.
(c) Antonia goes to many dances.
(d) Ambrosch hires Antonia out like a man.
2. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(c) Wick Cutter
3. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Help on the farm
(b) Her friendship
(c) Wild mushrooms
(d) Her ring
4. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are Bohemian.
(b) Both are from Austria.
(c) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(d) Both live in Black Hawk.
5. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
(b) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
(c) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(d) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
3. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
4. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
5. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)