|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
(d) Wick Cutter
2. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
(a) They do not want to appear pretentious to the Shimerdas.
(b) The Burdens cannot afford to purchase presents.
(c) The family is snowed in and cannot get to the store.
(d) They know the Shimerdas prefer handmade gifts.
3. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
4. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
(a) Grandmother Burden
5. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They meet on the train.
(b) They grew up in the same town.
(c) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(d) The work for the same company in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
3. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
4. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)