|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Visits the Shimerdas
(b) Decorates the Christmas tree
(c) Writes to his mother
(d) Cleans the horse stables
2. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) His grandfather
(c) Jake Marpole
(d) Otto Fuchs
3. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
(a) The sound of his voice
(b) His choice of prayers
(c) The memories of his parents that he invokes
(d) The sense of spirituality that fills the room
4. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(b) The complain constantly.
(c) They never complain.
(d) They shut themselves off from the community.
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) Jim's grandparents
(d) The Burdens
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
2. How has Mr. Harling made his money?
3. Where in Black Hawk is Antonia hired to work?
4. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
5. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)