|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) His farm
(b) His gun
(c) Antonia's hand in marriage
(d) Fatherly advice
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(b) Grandfather Burden's ax
(c) A gun
(d) Krajiek's ax
3. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
(b) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
(c) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
(d) He dislikes his wife.
4. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents have divorced.
(b) His parents have passed away.
(c) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(d) His parents are unable to care for him.
5. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
(a) A dish
(b) A coat
(c) A blanket
(d) A bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
2. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
3. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
4. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)