|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Jake Marpole
(b) His grandfather
(c) Otto Fuchs
2. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Help on the farm
(b) Wild mushrooms
(c) Her friendship
(d) Her ring
3. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
4. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
(b) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
(c) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
(d) He dislikes his wife.
5. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
(a) Antonia is a hard worker.
(b) Antonia goes to many dances.
(c) Many of the country people like Antonia.
(d) Ambrosch hires Antonia out like a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
3. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
4. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
5. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)