|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A wagon
(b) A bicycle
(c) A rattlesnake cane
(d) A pony
2. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Cleans the horse stables
(b) Visits the Shimerdas
(c) Writes to his mother
(d) Decorates the Christmas tree
3. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes females are superior to males.
(b) She is older than he is.
(c) She is from a different culture than he is.
(d) She believes she is smarter than he is.
4. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
3. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
4. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
5. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)