|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(b) To deliver a spade
(c) To borrow a spade
(d) To visit with he and Pavel.
2. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(b) Mr. Shimerda
(c) The Shimerda family
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He kills a rattlesnake.
(b) He catches a prairie dog.
(c) He rescues her brother.
(d) He teaches her to read.
4. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
(a) Ambrosch hires Antonia out like a man.
(b) Antonia is a hard worker.
(c) Many of the country people like Antonia.
(d) Antonia goes to many dances.
5. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
(a) A photo of his mother
(b) Ornaments from the Shimerdas
(d) Special ornaments from Austria
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
3. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
4. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)