|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) He appears to be in love with the woman.
(b) He never leaves the woman's side.
(c) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(d) The woman leaves during the trip.
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(b) Krajiek's ax
(c) Grandfather Burden's ax
(d) A gun
3. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) Peter moves to another farm.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He is injured on the job.
4. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
(a) They do not want to appear pretentious to the Shimerdas.
(b) The Burdens cannot afford to purchase presents.
(c) The family is snowed in and cannot get to the store.
(d) They know the Shimerdas prefer handmade gifts.
5. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
3. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
4. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
5. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)