|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) To Heaven
(b) To live above the Burdens' home
(c) Into Purgatory
(d) Back to Germany
2. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
(c) Mr. Shimerda
3. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
(a) Jim's grandfather
(b) Otto Fuchs
4. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
(a) There is land as far as the eye can see.
(b) The farm is extremely quiet.
(c) There are many immigrants living in the area.
(d) There are few trees in the area.
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) The Burdens
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) Jim's grandparents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
2. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
4. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
5. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)