|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(b) He returns to Russia.
(c) He also dies.
(d) He goes to work for the railroad.
2. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) dangerous and unpredictable.
(b) deeply sad.
(c) cruel and unforgiving.
(d) mentally ill.
3. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(b) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
(c) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
(d) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
4. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
5. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A rattlesnake cane
(b) A wagon
(c) A pony
(d) A bicycle
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
2. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
3. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
4. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
5. Where does Jim live as an adult?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)