|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
(a) A dish
(b) A bed
(c) A coat
(d) A blanket
2. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
(b) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(c) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(d) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
3. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
(b) Wick Cutter
4. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) A horse collar
(b) A wagon
(c) An ax
(d) A cow
5. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) A broken ax.
(b) Accusations against Ambrosch
(c) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(d) Mr. Shimerda's death
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
2. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
3. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
4. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
5. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)