|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
(a) Jim's grandfather
(c) Otto Fuchs
2. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
(b) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(c) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
(d) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
3. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(b) The complain constantly.
(c) They shut themselves off from the community.
(d) They never complain.
4. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
5. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He teaches her to read.
(c) He rescues her brother.
(d) He kills a rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
2. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
3. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
4. What nickname is Antonia given?
5. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)