|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(b) He returns to Russia.
(c) He goes to work for the railroad.
(d) He also dies.
2. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
(a) Her manners
(b) Her ability to speak English
(c) Her attitude
(d) Her sense of humor
3. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents are unable to care for him.
(b) His parents have passed away.
(c) His parents have divorced.
(d) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
4. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
5. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A wagon
(c) A rattlesnake cane
(d) A pony
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
2. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
3. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
4. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
5. How long has Jim been living with his grandparents at the start of Book 2?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)