|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he punched Ambrosch
(b) Because he failed to pay taxes
(c) Because he broke a traffic law
(d) Because he was involved in a bar fight
2. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
(a) Basic math
(c) To read English
(d) To cook
3. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(b) Poisonous plants
4. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Burdens
(c) The Shimerdas
(d) Wick Cutter
5. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) A broken ax.
(b) Accusations against Ambrosch
(c) Mr. Shimerda's death
(d) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
2. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
3. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
4. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)