|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(b) The Shimerda family
2. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Decorates the Christmas tree
(b) Visits the Shimerdas
(c) Cleans the horse stables
(d) Writes to his mother
3. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(b) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
(c) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(d) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
4. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) Accusations against Ambrosch
(b) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(c) A broken ax.
(d) Mr. Shimerda's death
5. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They are not religious.
(b) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(c) They are not Catholics.
(d) They believe he is already in Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Black Hawk is Antonia hired to work?
2. Which of the following is not a detail about Antonia that Mrs. Steavens shares with the Burdens?
3. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
4. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
5. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)