|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) A broken ax.
(b) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(c) Mr. Shimerda's death
(d) Accusations against Ambrosch
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
(a) Jim's grandfather
(b) Otto Fuchs
3. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
(b) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(c) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
(d) Help his wife set up their home
4. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His horse
(b) His home
(c) His cow
(d) His plough
5. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
3. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
4. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
5. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)