|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) Mr. Shimerda
2. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They shut themselves off from the community.
(b) They never complain.
(c) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(d) The complain constantly.
3. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he punched Ambrosch
(b) Because he failed to pay taxes
(c) Because he broke a traffic law
(d) Because he was involved in a bar fight
4. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
(a) The sound of his voice
(b) The sense of spirituality that fills the room
(c) The memories of his parents that he invokes
(d) His choice of prayers
5. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
(b) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(c) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
(d) Help his wife set up their home
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
2. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
3. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
4. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
5. What nickname is Antonia given?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)