|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1 | Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(c) Jake Marpole
(d) His grandfather
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(b) Grandfather Burden's ax
(c) A gun
(d) Krajiek's ax
3. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
(a) Jim's grandfather
(c) Otto Fuchs
4. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
5. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are Bohemian.
(b) Both live in Black Hawk.
(c) Both are from Austria.
(d) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
2. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
3. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
4. What nickname is Antonia given?
5. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)