|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His cow
(b) His home
(c) His plough
(d) His horse
2. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(c) Poisonous plants
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Fatherly advice
(b) His farm
(c) His gun
(d) Antonia's hand in marriage
4. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
(a) There are few trees in the area.
(b) The farm is extremely quiet.
(c) There are many immigrants living in the area.
(d) There is land as far as the eye can see.
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) Jim's grandparents
(d) The Burdens
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
2. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
3. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
4. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
5. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)