|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) The complain constantly.
(b) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(c) They never complain.
(d) They shut themselves off from the community.
2. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(c) The Shimerdas
3. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
(a) He is a fugitive from the law.
(b) He is an illegal immigrant.
(c) He left his wife to come to the United States.
(d) He is an anarchist.
4. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Burdens
(b) The Shimerdas
(c) Wick Cutter
5. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
(a) A promise of repayment
(c) Dried mushrooms
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
2. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
3. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
4. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
5. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)