|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(b) Jake Marpole
(c) His grandfather
(d) Otto Fuchs
2. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Burdens
(c) The Shimerdas
(d) Wick Cutter
3. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(b) His parents are unable to care for him.
(c) His parents have passed away.
(d) His parents have divorced.
4. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(b) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
(c) Help his wife set up their home
(d) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
5. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(c) Poisonous plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
2. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
3. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
4. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)