|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Jake Marpole
(b) Otto Fuchs
(d) His grandfather
2. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
(a) The Burdens cannot afford to purchase presents.
(b) The family is snowed in and cannot get to the store.
(c) They know the Shimerdas prefer handmade gifts.
(d) They do not want to appear pretentious to the Shimerdas.
3. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(b) Poisonous plants
4. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) Peter moves to another farm.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is injured on the job.
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) Jim's grandparents
(c) The Burdens
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
3. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
4. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
5. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)