|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) His grandfather
(d) Jake Marpole
2. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(a) Poisonous plants
3. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(b) Otto Fuchs
(d) Mr. Shimerda
4. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
(a) To read English
(c) To cook
(d) Basic math
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
2. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
3. Why do Jim and his grandparents make Christmas presents for the Shimerdas instead of purchasing them?
4. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
5. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)