|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) The Burdens
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) Jim's grandparents
2. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
(a) A Christmas tree
(b) A ring
(c) A gift from Antonia
(d) A horse
3. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Help his wife set up their home
(b) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(c) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
(d) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
4. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) mentally ill.
(b) deeply sad.
(c) dangerous and unpredictable.
(d) cruel and unforgiving.
5. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A rattlesnake cane
(b) A wagon
(c) A pony
(d) A bicycle
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
2. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
4. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
5. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)