|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents have divorced.
(b) His parents have passed away.
(c) His parents are unable to care for him.
(d) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
2. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(b) The work for the same company in New York.
(c) They meet on the train.
(d) They grew up in the same town.
3. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(b) The Shimerdas
4. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
(a) Antonia is mean but Ambrosch is kind.
(b) Ambrosch is much harder working than Antonia.
(c) Ambrosch is mean but Antonia is kind.
(d) Ambrosch is much more social than Anotnia is.
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(d) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
2. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
3. What nickname is Antonia given?
4. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
5. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)