|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
(a) Ambrosch is much harder working than Antonia.
(b) Antonia is mean but Ambrosch is kind.
(c) Ambrosch is much more social than Anotnia is.
(d) Ambrosch is mean but Antonia is kind.
2. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(c) The Shimerda family
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Fatherly advice
(b) His gun
(c) Antonia's hand in marriage
(d) His farm
4. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(b) The woman leaves during the trip.
(c) He never leaves the woman's side.
(d) He appears to be in love with the woman.
5. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
(b) He dislikes his wife.
(c) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
(d) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
2. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
3. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
4. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)