|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents are unable to care for him.
(b) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(c) His parents have passed away.
(d) His parents have divorced.
2. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) dangerous and unpredictable.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) deeply sad.
(d) cruel and unforgiving.
3. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A wagon
(b) A rattlesnake cane
(c) A pony
(d) A bicycle
4. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
(a) Antonia is mean but Ambrosch is kind.
(b) Ambrosch is much more social than Anotnia is.
(c) Ambrosch is much harder working than Antonia.
(d) Ambrosch is mean but Antonia is kind.
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) The Burdens
(d) Jim's grandparents
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
3. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
4. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)