|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(c) Mr. Shimerda
(d) Otto Fuchs
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He kills a rattlesnake.
(c) He rescues her brother.
(d) He teaches her to read.
3. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A wagon
(b) A bicycle
(c) A rattlesnake cane
(d) A pony
4. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) He is injured on the job.
(c) Peter moves to another farm.
(d) He is robbed.
5. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He dislikes his wife.
(b) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
(c) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
(d) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
2. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
3. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
5. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)