|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(d) New York
2. What does Otto put on the Christmas tree that attracts everyone's attention?
(a) A photo of his mother
(b) Special ornaments from Austria
(d) Ornaments from the Shimerdas
3. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
(a) A ring
(b) A Christmas tree
(c) A gift from Antonia
(d) A horse
4. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) The woman leaves during the trip.
(b) He appears to be in love with the woman.
(c) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(d) He never leaves the woman's side.
5. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A wagon
(b) A pony
(c) A bicycle
(d) A rattlesnake cane
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
2. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
3. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
4. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
5. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)