|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(a) New York
2. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(c) Mr. Shimerda
3. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) Wick Cutter
(b) The Burdens
(c) The Shimerdas
4. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) Grandfather Burden
5. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents have divorced.
(b) His parents are unable to care for him.
(c) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(d) His parents have passed away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
2. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
3. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
4. What nickname is Antonia given?
5. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)