|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Wild mushrooms
(b) Her friendship
(c) Her ring
(d) Help on the farm
2. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
(a) They trust him.
(b) They come from the same country.
(c) They rely on him to teach them about the US.
(d) They look up to him.
3. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(a) Grandfather Burden
(b) Otto Fuchs
4. What do the Shimerdas give the Burdens in exchange for the goods they bring during the winter?
(a) Dried mushrooms
(b) A promise of repayment
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(d) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
2. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
4. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)