|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
(a) There is land as far as the eye can see.
(b) There are few trees in the area.
(c) There are many immigrants living in the area.
(d) The farm is extremely quiet.
2. What nickname is Antonia given?
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Antonia's hand in marriage
(b) Fatherly advice
(c) His gun
(d) His farm
4. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
(a) A gift from Antonia
(b) A horse
(c) A Christmas tree
(d) A ring
5. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
(a) The sound of his voice
(b) His choice of prayers
(c) The sense of spirituality that fills the room
(d) The memories of his parents that he invokes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
2. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
3. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
4. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
5. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)