|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(a) The Shimerdas
2. What one item must all of the Shimerdas share during the winter?
(a) A blanket
(b) A bed
(c) A dish
(d) A coat
3. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
4. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) He appears to be in love with the woman.
(b) The woman leaves during the trip.
(c) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(d) He never leaves the woman's side.
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(d) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
2. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
3. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
4. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)