|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12 | Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonia differ from her brother Ambrosch?
(a) Ambrosch is mean but Antonia is kind.
(b) Ambrosch is much harder working than Antonia.
(c) Ambrosch is much more social than Anotnia is.
(d) Antonia is mean but Ambrosch is kind.
2. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He goes to work for the railroad.
(b) He returns to Russia.
(c) He also dies.
(d) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
3. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(c) The Shimerdas
4. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) His grandfather
(b) Otto Fuchs
(d) Jake Marpole
5. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) mentally ill.
(b) dangerous and unpredictable.
(c) deeply sad.
(d) cruel and unforgiving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
2. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
4. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
5. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)