|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) Peter moves to another farm.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is injured on the job.
2. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents have divorced.
(b) His parents are unable to care for him.
(c) His parents have passed away.
(d) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
3. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) His grandfather
(c) Jake Marpole
(d) Otto Fuchs
4. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His cow
(b) His home
(c) His horse
(d) His plough
5. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
(b) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
(c) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
(d) He dislikes his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
2. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
4. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
5. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)