|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(b) He goes to work for the railroad.
(c) He also dies.
(d) He returns to Russia.
2. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) The work for the same company in New York.
(b) They meet on the train.
(c) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(d) They grew up in the same town.
3. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) Jim's grandparents
(c) The Burdens
4. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) Peter moves to another farm.
(d) He is injured on the job.
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
2. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
3. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
4. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
5. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)