|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They shut themselves off from the community.
(b) The complain constantly.
(c) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(d) They never complain.
2. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(b) He returns to Russia.
(c) He also dies.
(d) He goes to work for the railroad.
3. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His plough
(b) His cow
(c) His horse
(d) His home
4. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Antonia's hand in marriage
(b) His farm
(c) Fatherly advice
(d) His gun
5. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They meet on the train.
(b) They grew up in the same town.
(c) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(d) The work for the same company in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
2. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
3. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
4. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
5. What nickname is Antonia given?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)