|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(c) The Shimerdas
2. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
(a) He is a fugitive from the law.
(b) He is an anarchist.
(c) He left his wife to come to the United States.
(d) He is an illegal immigrant.
3. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
(a) There is land as far as the eye can see.
(b) There are few trees in the area.
(c) There are many immigrants living in the area.
(d) The farm is extremely quiet.
4. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(d) Grandfather Burden
5. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His horse
(b) His home
(c) His plough
(d) His cow
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
2. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
3. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
4. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
5. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)