|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) Jake Marpole
(d) His grandfather
2. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) His farm
(b) Fatherly advice
(c) Antonia's hand in marriage
(d) His gun
3. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(c) Jim's grandparents
(d) The Burdens
4. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) He is injured on the job.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) Peter moves to another farm.
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
3. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
4. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
5. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)