|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
2. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Wild mushrooms
(b) Her friendship
(c) Help on the farm
(d) Her ring
3. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(b) Help his wife set up their home
(c) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
(d) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
4. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) He is injured on the job.
(d) Peter moves to another farm.
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Jake Marpole
(b) Otto Fuchs
(d) His grandfather
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim live as an adult?
2. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
4. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
5. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)