|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She is from a different culture than he is.
(b) She is older than he is.
(c) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(d) She believes females are superior to males.
2. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(d) The Shimerdas
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) He appears to be in love with the woman.
(b) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(c) The woman leaves during the trip.
(d) He never leaves the woman's side.
4. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His plough
(b) His home
(c) His horse
(d) His cow
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Jim's grandparents
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) The Burdens
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
2. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
3. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
4. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
5. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)