|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They shut themselves off from the community.
(b) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(c) The complain constantly.
(d) They never complain.
2. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They meet on the train.
(b) The work for the same company in New York.
(c) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(d) They grew up in the same town.
3. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(b) The Shimerdas
4. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His home
(b) His cow
(c) His plough
(d) His horse
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) The Burdens
(c) Jim's grandparents
Short Answer Questions
1. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
2. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
3. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
5. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)