|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His horse
(b) His home
(c) His plough
(d) His cow
2. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(d) Otto Fuchs
3. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(b) New York
4. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) deeply sad.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) cruel and unforgiving.
(d) dangerous and unpredictable.
5. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He goes to work for the railroad.
(b) He returns to Russia.
(c) He also dies.
(d) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
2. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
4. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
5. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)