|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
(a) They rely on him to teach them about the US.
(b) They look up to him.
(c) They trust him.
(d) They come from the same country.
2. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) Mr. Shimerda
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) His farm
(b) Fatherly advice
(c) Antonia's hand in marriage
(d) His gun
4. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(b) Help his wife set up their home
(c) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
(d) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
5. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He rescues her brother.
(b) He kills a rattlesnake.
(c) He teaches her to read.
(d) He catches a prairie dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
2. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
3. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
4. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)