|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(c) Jake Marpole
(d) His grandfather
2. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(d) Poisonous plants
3. What nickname is Antonia given?
4. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents are unable to care for him.
(b) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(c) His parents have divorced.
(d) His parents have passed away.
5. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Shimerdas
(c) The Burdens
(d) Wick Cutter
Short Answer Questions
1. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
2. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
3. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
4. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
5. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)