|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
(b) He dislikes his wife.
(c) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
(d) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(b) New York
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) His farm
(b) His gun
(c) Fatherly advice
(d) Antonia's hand in marriage
4. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(b) They meet on the train.
(c) They grew up in the same town.
(d) The work for the same company in New York.
5. Why do the Shimerdas remain involved with Krajiek?
(a) They trust him.
(b) They rely on him to teach them about the US.
(c) They look up to him.
(d) They come from the same country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
2. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
3. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
4. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)