|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(b) His grandfather
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) Jake Marpole
2. What rumor about Pavel circulates in the community?
(a) He is an anarchist.
(b) He is an illegal immigrant.
(c) He left his wife to come to the United States.
(d) He is a fugitive from the law.
3. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They never complain.
(b) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(c) They shut themselves off from the community.
(d) The complain constantly.
4. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He rescues her brother.
(c) He teaches her to read.
(d) He kills a rattlesnake.
5. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(a) The Shimerdas
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
2. What nickname is Antonia given?
3. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
4. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)