|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(b) New York
3. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They meet on the train.
(b) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(c) They grew up in the same town.
(d) The work for the same company in New York.
4. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(b) The Burdens
(c) The Shimerdas
(d) Wick Cutter
5. How do the Shimerdas react to their difficult living conditions?
(a) They shut themselves off from the community.
(b) They never complain.
(c) They ask the Burdens to help them.
(d) The complain constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
4. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
5. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)