|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He also dies.
(b) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(c) He returns to Russia.
(d) He goes to work for the railroad.
3. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
(b) He dislikes his wife.
(c) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
(d) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
4. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents are unable to care for him.
(b) His parents have divorced.
(c) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(d) His parents have passed away.
5. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) His gun
(b) Fatherly advice
(c) His farm
(d) Antonia's hand in marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
2. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
4. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)