|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(b) His parents have divorced.
(c) His parents are unable to care for him.
(d) His parents have passed away.
2. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To deliver a spade
(b) To borrow a spade
(c) To visit with he and Pavel.
(d) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
3. Who does Jim credit with planting sunflowers in Nebraska?
(a) The Shimerdas
4. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(a) Grandfather Burden
(b) Otto Fuchs
5. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He dislikes his wife.
(b) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
(c) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
(d) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
3. What first strikes Jim about the location of his grandparents' home?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
5. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)