|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8 | Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Fatherly advice
(b) His farm
(c) His gun
(d) Antonia's hand in marriage
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) He never leaves the woman's side.
(b) The woman leaves during the trip.
(c) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(d) He appears to be in love with the woman.
4. What possession does Russian Peter value over all others?
(a) His horse
(b) His plough
(c) His cow
(d) His home
5. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(b) They grew up in the same town.
(c) The work for the same company in New York.
(d) They meet on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
2. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
4. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
5. Which of the following does Grandmother Burden not teach Antonia?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)