|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) Life on his grandparents' farm
(b) His inadequate public school education
(c) His love for Antonia
(d) Mr. Shimerda's death
2. What news that Lena shares with Jim about Antonia shocks him the most?
(a) Her engagement to Larry Donovan
(b) Her change in attitude
(c) Her fading beauty
(d) Her new employment position
3. With whom is Wick Cutter constantly in conflict?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
(c) His wife
(d) Grandfather Burden
4. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(b) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
(c) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(d) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
5. What becomes Antonia's primary preoccupation once she begins working for the Cutters?
(a) Living a moral life
(b) Attending dances and having a social life
(c) Mr. Cutter's comfort
(d) Making money
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
2. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
3. Which of the Harling children helps his/her father with the family business?
4. According to Antonia, how did her father and mother meet?
5. Who proposes to Lena several times?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)