|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
(b) A silk umbrella
(c) A book
(d) A watch
2. How does Jim feel when swimming in the river?
(a) Anxious and unsettled
(b) Excited and alive
(c) Peaceful and contented
(d) Confused and frustrated
3. How does Lena feel when her brother leaves Black Hawk after a visit?
4. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are Bohemian.
(b) Both are from Austria.
(c) Both live in Black Hawk.
(d) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
5. What does Antonia say was found in the pocket of the tramp who died in the thresher?
(a) A suicide note
(b) A letter from his wife
(d) A poem
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
2. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
3. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
4. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
5. What did Wick Cutter do to trick his wife?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)