|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5 | Book 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Mr. Harling made his money?
(a) He is the owner of a general store.
(b) He is a cattle buyer and grain merchant.
(c) He is a cattle buyer.
(d) He is a grain merchant.
2. What is Mrs. Harling's only complaint about Antonia's work?
(a) She is sometimes late to work.
(b) She does too good of a job.
(c) She stops working to play with the children.
(d) She visits with Jim too often.
3. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
4. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) He appears to be in love with the woman.
(b) He never leaves the woman's side.
(c) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(d) The woman leaves during the trip.
5. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(b) They are not religious.
(c) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(d) They are not Catholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
2. What does Antonia say was found in the pocket of the tramp who died in the thresher?
3. What does Jim's grandfather bring home for him after visiting the Shimerdas on Christmas?
4. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
5. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)