|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antonia tell that Jim tried to kill Lena back in Bohemia?
(a) Wick Cutter
(b) Ole Benson's wife
(d) Mrs. Shimerda
2. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
3. How does "Camille" affect Jim and Lena?
(a) They both cry at the end of the play.
(b) They are left confused and homesick at the end of the play.
(c) Lena cries at the end of the play, but Jim is indifferent.
(d) They are both shocked by its content.
4. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
(a) Jim and Antonia visit the hotel.
(b) The manager is out of town.
(c) The country girls are in town.
(d) Tiny is promoted to the manager position.
5. How does Gaston Cleric help Jim?
(a) He teaches him Greek.
(b) He keeps him company.
(c) He provides him with an audience for stories about Black Hawk.
(d) He awakens him to new ideas and learning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
2. What play entrances and enthralls Jim?
3. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
4. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
5. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)