|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
2. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
(a) Antonia's belongings are missing.
(b) The house is in disarray.
(c) Wick Cutter's is dead.
(d) Wick Cutter is burning papers.
3. What is the basis of the plot in the play "Camille?"
(a) Two lovers who quarrel
(b) Two lovers who die
(c) Unrequited love
(d) Two starcrossed lovers
4. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He kills a rattlesnake.
(b) He teaches her to read.
(c) He rescues her brother.
(d) He catches a prairie dog.
5. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he punched Ambrosch
(b) Because he was involved in a bar fight
(c) Because he broke a traffic law
(d) Because he failed to pay taxes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
2. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
3. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
4. What became of Antonia's marriage to Larry Donovan?
5. Who does Jim's grandmother send to stay in the Cutter's house in place of Antonia?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)