|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Help his wife set up their home
(b) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
(c) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(d) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
2. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes females are superior to males.
(b) She is from a different culture than he is.
(c) She is older than he is.
(d) She believes she is smarter than he is.
3. How do women generally respond to Larry Donovan?
(a) They are put off by his aloofness.
(b) They are attracted to and sympathetic to him.
(c) They are wary of his affections.
(d) They admire his devotion to his job and family.
4. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) Life on his grandparents' farm
(b) Mr. Shimerda's death
(c) His love for Antonia
(d) His inadequate public school education
5. How does Antonia show her affection for Charley?
(a) By kissing and tickling him
(b) By teaching him to read
(c) By making him his favorite treats
(d) By playing with him more than Nina
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim say Gaston Cleric "narrowly missed being a great poet?"
2. What character in "Camille" does Jim consider most sympathetic?
3. What is Mrs. Harling's only complaint about Antonia's work?
4. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
5. How does Tiny make her fortune?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)