|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
(a) She has a reputation for being flirtatious.
(b) She does not approve of working women.
(c) She believes working at a hotel is inappropriate for a woman.
(d) She does not like country girls.
2. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) Peter moves to another farm.
(c) He is injured on the job.
(d) He has nightmares.
3. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
(b) Playing the piano
(d) Playing the saxophone
4. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
(a) Antonia asks him to stop attending the dances.
(b) He is embarrassed after kissing Antonia.
(c) His grandmother believes the dances are disgraceful.
(d) He does not enjoy the dances.
5. Where does Tiny open her hotel?
(a) Salt Lake City
(b) San Francisco
(c) Black Hawk
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
2. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
3. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
4. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Jim see a photograph of while waiting for his grandparents?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)