|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes females are superior to males.
(b) She is older than he is.
(c) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(d) She is from a different culture than he is.
2. Where do Jim and Lena often go together in Lincoln?
(a) To dinner
(b) To theatre shows
(c) On long walks
(d) To Lena's dress shop
3. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She helped him function as if he was sighted.
(c) She was ashamed.
(d) She was supportive of him.
4. What is Mrs. Harling's only complaint about Antonia's work?
(a) She does too good of a job.
(b) She visits with Jim too often.
(c) She stops working to play with the children.
(d) She is sometimes late to work.
5. How does Larry Donovan's manner change when he is with women?
(a) He speaks highly of his wife and child.
(b) He is cool and distant.
(c) He complains about his life choices.
(d) He is flirtatious and overly friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
2. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
3. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
4. How does Jim characterize the woman who plays the character, Marguerite?
5. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)