|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(d) Otto Fuchs
2. How does "Camille" affect Jim and Lena?
(a) They are left confused and homesick at the end of the play.
(b) They both cry at the end of the play.
(c) They are both shocked by its content.
(d) Lena cries at the end of the play, but Jim is indifferent.
3. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A rattlesnake cane
(c) A pony
(d) A wagon
4. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
(c) Grandmother Burden
5. Why does Jim say Gaston Cleric "narrowly missed being a great poet?"
(a) He is well versed in Greek.
(b) He speaks poetically when excited.
(c) He is a talented writer.
(d) He knows all of the classic works of literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
2. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
3. Who does JIm befriend while staying in Lincoln?
4. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
5. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)