|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
(a) Wick Cutter's is dead.
(b) The house is in disarray.
(c) Antonia's belongings are missing.
(d) Wick Cutter is burning papers.
2. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
(b) Blind d'Arnault's
(c) A friend from Virginia's
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(b) He never leaves the woman's side.
(c) He appears to be in love with the woman.
(d) The woman leaves during the trip.
4. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
5. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
(a) She has a reputation for being flirtatious.
(b) She does not approve of working women.
(c) She believes working at a hotel is inappropriate for a woman.
(d) She does not like country girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
2. Who does Tiny convince to move to San Francisco with her?
3. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
4. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)