|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Visits the Shimerdas
(b) Cleans the horse stables
(c) Decorates the Christmas tree
(d) Writes to his mother
2. How does Tiny make her fortune?
(a) A patron at her hotel deeds his fortune to her.
(b) Her hotel is wildly successful.
(c) She marries a rich man.
(d) She inherits it from her parents.
3. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A wagon
(b) A bicycle
(c) A rattlesnake cane
(d) A pony
4. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
(a) Wick Cutter is burning papers.
(b) Antonia's belongings are missing.
(c) The house is in disarray.
(d) Wick Cutter's is dead.
5. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
(a) Poisonous plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tiny convince to move to San Francisco with her?
2. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
3. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
4. Why does Jim say Gaston Cleric "narrowly missed being a great poet?"
5. What did Wick Cutter do to trick his wife?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)