|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(b) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(c) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(d) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
2. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit with he and Pavel.
(b) To deliver a spade
(c) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(d) To borrow a spade
3. Who does Mrs. Harling tell Jim to ask about Antonia's marriage?
(a) Mrs. Steavens
(c) His grandmother
4. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(b) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
(c) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
(d) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
5. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
(a) The house is in disarray.
(b) Wick Cutter's is dead.
(c) Wick Cutter is burning papers.
(d) Antonia's belongings are missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Harling's only complaint about Antonia's work?
2. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
3. Which of the Harling children is Antonia's favorite?
4. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
5. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)