|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit with he and Pavel.
(b) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(c) To borrow a spade
(d) To deliver a spade
3. What does Jim convince his grandparents to do for posterity?
(a) Record their family stories
(b) Write their wills
(c) Take his picture
(d) Have their picture taken
4. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(b) He appears to be in love with the woman.
(c) He never leaves the woman's side.
(d) The woman leaves during the trip.
5. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Decorates the Christmas tree
(b) Writes to his mother
(c) Visits the Shimerdas
(d) Cleans the horse stables
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim characterize the woman who plays the character, Marguerite?
2. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
3. Who does Jim realize he wants to see again?
4. Who does Mrs. Harling tell Jim to ask about Antonia's marriage?
5. What character in "Camille" does Jim consider most sympathetic?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)