|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(a) His grandparents
(b) Mr. Shimerda
(c) The Harlings
2. Who does Tiny convince to move to San Francisco with her?
3. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
(a) The community is ambivalent about the dances.
(b) The community protests the dances.
(c) The dance tent becomes the social center of town.
(d) The dance tent encourages immoral behavior.
4. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
5. Where does Jim stay when he is in Lincoln?
(a) With Gaston Cleric
(b) In rooms he rents from an elderly couple
(c) In a hotel
(d) With his grandparents
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gaston Cleric help Jim?
2. What play entrances and enthralls Jim?
3. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)