|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
(a) She does not approve of working women.
(b) She does not like country girls.
(c) She has a reputation for being flirtatious.
(d) She believes working at a hotel is inappropriate for a woman.
2. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Burdens
(b) Wick Cutter
(d) The Shimerdas
3. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He needs to marry a country girl.
(b) He is too romantic.
(c) He is in love with Antonia.
(d) He is too focused on his studies.
4. Who is the speaker at Jim's graduation?
(a) Mr. Harling
(b) Jim's grandfather
(d) Wick Cutter
5. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) His gun
(b) Fatherly advice
(c) His farm
(d) Antonia's hand in marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
3. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
4. What is Mrs. Harling's only complaint about Antonia's work?
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)