|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
2. What is Jim constantly reminded of during his time at the university?
(a) His love for Antonia
(b) Mr. Shimerda's death
(c) Life on his grandparents' farm
(d) His inadequate public school education
3. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
(a) Her sense of humor
(b) Her attitude
(c) Her manners
(d) Her ability to speak English
4. Where does Jim go after graduating from Harvard?
(b) Black Hawk
(d) New York City
5. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) Peter moves to another farm.
(d) He is injured on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
2. What play entrances and enthralls Jim?
3. Who does Antonia tell that Jim tried to kill Lena back in Bohemia?
4. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
5. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)