|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(b) To borrow a spade
(c) To visit with he and Pavel.
(d) To deliver a spade
2. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She is older than he is.
(b) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(c) She believes females are superior to males.
(d) She is from a different culture than he is.
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
4. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
(c) Mr. Shimerda
5. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Her ring
(b) Wild mushrooms
(c) Her friendship
(d) Help on the farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
2. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
3. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
4. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
5. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)