|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
(a) The sound of his voice
(b) The memories of his parents that he invokes
(c) His choice of prayers
(d) The sense of spirituality that fills the room
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
3. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
(a) Her ability to speak English
(b) Her manners
(c) Her attitude
(d) Her sense of humor
4. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(b) She is older than he is.
(c) She is from a different culture than he is.
(d) She believes females are superior to males.
5. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(a) The Shimerda family
(c) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
3. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
4. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
5. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)