|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
(a) He never leaves the woman's side.
(b) He appears to be in love with the woman.
(c) The woman gives birth to triplets.
(d) The woman leaves during the trip.
2. What nickname is Antonia given?
3. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(c) The Shimerda family
4. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(b) A broken ax.
(c) Mr. Shimerda's death
(d) Accusations against Ambrosch
5. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He kills a rattlesnake.
(c) He teaches her to read.
(d) He rescues her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
2. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
3. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
5. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)