|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) cruel and unforgiving.
(b) deeply sad.
(c) dangerous and unpredictable.
(d) mentally ill.
2. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) The coroner
(c) Grandfather Burden and Otto Fuchs
(d) A priest
3. What nickname is Antonia given?
4. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
(a) In a cemetery
(b) On the Burdens' farm
(c) In Bohemia
(d) At the corner of the family's lot of land
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Jim's grandparents
(b) The Burdens
(c) Otto Fuchs
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
2. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
3. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
4. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
5. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)