|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
(a) Grandmother Burden
2. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) His farm
(b) Antonia's hand in marriage
(c) His gun
(d) Fatherly advice
3. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) The coroner
(c) A priest
(d) Grandfather Burden and Otto Fuchs
4. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Help on the farm
(b) Her friendship
(c) Wild mushrooms
(d) Her ring
5. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(b) She is from a different culture than he is.
(c) She is older than he is.
(d) She believes females are superior to males.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
3. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
5. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)