|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
(a) Her friendship
(b) Her ring
(c) Help on the farm
(d) Wild mushrooms
2. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(c) Mr. Shimerda
(d) Mrs. Shimerda
3. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Cleans the horse stables
(b) Decorates the Christmas tree
(c) Visits the Shimerdas
(d) Writes to his mother
4. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father is not doing well.
(b) Her father does not love her mother.
(c) Her father used to be a violinist.
(d) Her father plans to kill himself.
5. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) Peter moves to another farm.
(d) He is injured on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
2. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
4. What nickname is Antonia given?
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)