|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
2. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Antonia's hand in marriage
(b) His gun
(c) His farm
(d) Fatherly advice
3. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Burdens
(b) The Shimerdas
(d) Wick Cutter
4. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(b) She believes females are superior to males.
(c) She is from a different culture than he is.
(d) She is older than he is.
5. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father used to be a violinist.
(b) Her father does not love her mother.
(c) Her father is not doing well.
(d) Her father plans to kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
2. What nickname is Antonia given?
3. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
4. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
5. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)