|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Decorates the Christmas tree
(b) Cleans the horse stables
(c) Writes to his mother
(d) Visits the Shimerdas
2. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
(a) The memories of his parents that he invokes
(b) His choice of prayers
(c) The sense of spirituality that fills the room
(d) The sound of his voice
3. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(b) Otto Fuchs
(d) Grandfather Burden
4. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
(a) A priest
(b) The coroner
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) Grandfather Burden and Otto Fuchs
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) The Burdens
(b) Jim's grandparents
(d) Otto Fuchs
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
2. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
3. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
4. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
5. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)