|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) His farm
(b) Fatherly advice
(c) His gun
(d) Antonia's hand in marriage
2. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) The Burdens
(c) Jim's grandparents
3. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
4. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(b) Mr. Shimerda
(c) The Shimerda family
5. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) Peter moves to another farm.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He is injured on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
3. Why are Otto's fellow travelers suspicious of him when he escorts an immigrant woman to the U.S. to meet her husband?
4. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
5. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)