|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(b) He goes to work for the railroad.
(c) He returns to Russia.
(d) He also dies.
2. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
(a) In a cemetery
(b) At the corner of the family's lot of land
(c) On the Burdens' farm
(d) In Bohemia
3. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) A broken ax.
(b) Mr. Shimerda's death
(c) Accusations against Ambrosch
(d) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
4. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) Peter moves to another farm.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is injured on the job.
(d) He has nightmares.
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs Mr. Shimerda's funeral service?
2. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
3. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
5. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)