|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda ask Jim's grandmother to do?
(a) Teach Antonia to speak and read English
(b) Help his wife set up their home
(c) Agree to allow Antonia to marry Jim
(d) Teach all of his children to speak and read English
2. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Shimerda's death
(b) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(c) A broken ax.
(d) Accusations against Ambrosch
3. Who teaches Yulka to read English?
(a) Grandmother Burden
4. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Burdens
(b) Wick Cutter
(c) The Shimerdas
5. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(b) Grandfather Burden
(d) Otto Fuchs
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
2. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
3. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
4. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
5. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)