|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) Mr. Shimerda
2. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) Wick Cutter
(b) The Burdens
(d) The Shimerdas
3. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
(a) On the Burdens' farm
(b) In Bohemia
(c) In a cemetery
(d) At the corner of the family's lot of land
4. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He returns to Russia.
(b) He goes to work for the railroad.
(c) He also dies.
(d) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
5. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Cleans the horse stables
(b) Visits the Shimerdas
(c) Writes to his mother
(d) Decorates the Christmas tree
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
2. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
3. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
4. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
5. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)