|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Peter when Pavel passes away?
(a) He returns to Russia.
(b) He moves in with the Shimerdas.
(c) He goes to work for the railroad.
(d) He also dies.
2. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(a) The Shimerda family
(b) Mr. Shimerda
3. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Jim's grandparents
(b) The Burdens
(d) Otto Fuchs
4. To whom are Pavel and Peter indebted?
(a) The Burdens
(c) Wick Cutter
(d) The Shimerdas
5. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) Peter moves to another farm.
(d) He is injured on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
2. Where is Mr. Shimerda's body buried?
3. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
4. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
5. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)