|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(a) Grandfather Burden
(c) Otto Fuchs
2. How many days pass before Mr. Shimerda's body is buried?
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He rescues her brother.
(c) He teaches her to read.
(d) He kills a rattlesnake.
4. Who sold the Shimerda family their home?
(a) Jim's grandparents
(b) Otto Fuchs
(c) The Burdens
5. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A rattlesnake cane
(c) A wagon
(d) A pony
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Jim's grandparents?
3. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
4. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
5. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)