|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) Grandfather Burden
2. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) Peter moves to another farm.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He is injured on the job.
3. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) Mr. Shimerda's death
(b) A broken ax.
(c) Accusations against Ambrosch
(d) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
4. What gift do Jim's grandparents give him when he comes to live with them?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A wagon
(c) A rattlesnake cane
(d) A pony
5. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He teaches her to read.
(b) He rescues her brother.
(c) He catches a prairie dog.
(d) He kills a rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
2. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
3. What nickname is Antonia given?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)