|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 16 | Book 1: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father is not doing well.
(b) Her father does not love her mother.
(c) Her father used to be a violinist.
(d) Her father plans to kill himself.
2. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) deeply sad.
(b) dangerous and unpredictable.
(c) cruel and unforgiving.
(d) mentally ill.
3. What misfortune falls upon Pavel in Chapter 8?
(a) He is injured on the job.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) Peter moves to another farm.
(d) He has nightmares.
4. Which of the following is not a topic of complaint by Mrs. Shimerda in Chapter 17?
(a) A broken ax.
(b) Accusations against Ambrosch
(c) The cow Grandfather Burden sold her.
(d) Mr. Shimerda's death
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia offer Jim when she meets him?
2. Who entertains Jim when he is forced to stay indoors because of illness?
3. What does Jim's grandmother warn him to watch for when he is in her garden?
4. To whom does Pavel confess his unpleasant past in Russia?
5. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)