Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim characterize the woman who plays the character, Marguerite?
(a) As romantic and sultry
(b) As accurate and compelling
(c) As young and beautiful
(d) As old and overly dramatic
2. How does "Camille" affect Jim and Lena?
(a) They are left confused and homesick at the end of the play.
(b) They both cry at the end of the play.
(c) They are both shocked by its content.
(d) Lena cries at the end of the play, but Jim is indifferent.
3. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
(a) A May basket
(b) A toy
(c) A playhouse
(d) A doll
4. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
(b) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
(c) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(d) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
5. What does Jim convince his grandparents to do for posterity?
(a) Write their wills
(b) Record their family stories
(c) Have their picture taken
(d) Take his picture
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Antonia does Jim criticize as he dines with her family in Chapter 17?
2. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Mrs. Harling disapprove of Tiny Soderball?
4. What do Antonia and Jim's grandmother discover when they return to the Cutter home to pack up Antonia's belongings?
5. Who does Jim hold responsible for Wick Cutter's negative actions?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)