|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He is in love with Antonia.
(b) He is too focused on his studies.
(c) He needs to marry a country girl.
(d) He is too romantic.
2. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
3. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
(b) A friend from Virginia's
(c) Blind d'Arnault's
4. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
(a) Jim and Antonia visit the hotel.
(b) The manager is out of town.
(c) Tiny is promoted to the manager position.
(d) The country girls are in town.
5. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father plans to kill himself.
(b) Her father used to be a violinist.
(c) Her father is not doing well.
(d) Her father does not love her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
2. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
3. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
4. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
5. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)