|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
(a) The community protests the dances.
(b) The dance tent encourages immoral behavior.
(c) The dance tent becomes the social center of town.
(d) The community is ambivalent about the dances.
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father does not love her mother.
(b) Her father used to be a violinist.
(c) Her father plans to kill himself.
(d) Her father is not doing well.
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He teaches her to read.
(b) He rescues her brother.
(c) He kills a rattlesnake.
(d) He catches a prairie dog.
4. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(a) The Shimerda family
(c) Mr. Shimerda
5. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(b) Mr. Shimerda
(c) The Harlings
(d) His grandparents
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the speaker at Jim's graduation?
2. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
3. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
4. What nickname is Antonia given?
5. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)