|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
(a) A toy
(b) A playhouse
(c) A doll
(d) A May basket
2. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(b) Mr. Shimerda
(c) The Shimerda family
3. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) A wagon
(b) A horse collar
(c) An ax
(d) A cow
4. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(b) To deliver a spade
(c) To visit with he and Pavel.
(d) To borrow a spade
5. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(b) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
(c) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(d) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
3. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
4. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
5. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)