|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he was involved in a bar fight
(b) Because he broke a traffic law
(c) Because he punched Ambrosch
(d) Because he failed to pay taxes
2. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She helped him function as if he was sighted.
(c) She was ashamed.
(d) She was supportive of him.
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Fatherly advice
(b) His farm
(c) Antonia's hand in marriage
(d) His gun
4. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father used to be a violinist.
(b) Her father plans to kill himself.
(c) Her father is not doing well.
(d) Her father does not love her mother.
5. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
(c) Otto Fuchs
(d) Jim's grandfather
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
2. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
3. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
4. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
5. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)