|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(a) His grandparents
(b) The Harlings
(c) Mr. Shimerda
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He rescues her brother.
(c) He kills a rattlesnake.
(d) He teaches her to read.
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Fatherly advice
(b) His gun
(c) Antonia's hand in marriage
(d) His farm
4. Who is the speaker at Jim's graduation?
(a) Jim's grandfather
(b) Wick Cutter
(c) Mr. Harling
5. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
(a) Jim and Antonia visit the hotel.
(b) The manager is out of town.
(c) The country girls are in town.
(d) Tiny is promoted to the manager position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
3. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
4. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
5. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)