|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(b) The Shimerda family
2. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(a) The Harlings
(b) Mr. Shimerda
(c) His grandparents
3. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To deliver a spade
(b) To visit with he and Pavel.
(c) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(d) To borrow a spade
4. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he was involved in a bar fight
(b) Because he failed to pay taxes
(c) Because he broke a traffic law
(d) Because he punched Ambrosch
5. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
(b) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(c) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(d) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
4. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
5. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)