|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
(a) A silk umbrella
(c) A watch
(d) A book
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
(a) Her father plans to kill himself.
(b) Her father does not love her mother.
(c) Her father is not doing well.
(d) Her father used to be a violinist.
3. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She helped him function as if he was sighted.
(c) She was ashamed.
(d) She was supportive of him.
4. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) deeply sad.
(b) cruel and unforgiving.
(c) dangerous and unpredictable.
(d) mentally ill.
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
3. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
4. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
5. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)