|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
(a) The Burdens
(b) Wick Cutter
(c) The Vannis
(d) The Harlings
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He rescues her brother.
(c) He teaches her to read.
(d) He kills a rattlesnake.
3. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
(a) He is embarrassed after kissing Antonia.
(b) He does not enjoy the dances.
(c) Antonia asks him to stop attending the dances.
(d) His grandmother believes the dances are disgraceful.
4. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
(a) The sound of his voice
(b) The sense of spirituality that fills the room
(c) His choice of prayers
(d) The memories of his parents that he invokes
5. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
3. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
4. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)