|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) mentally ill.
(b) cruel and unforgiving.
(c) dangerous and unpredictable.
(d) deeply sad.
2. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
(b) A silk umbrella
(c) A watch
(d) A book
3. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(b) She believes females are superior to males.
(c) She is from a different culture than he is.
(d) She is older than he is.
4. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
5. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(b) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
(c) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(d) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
2. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
3. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
4. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
5. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)