|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
(a) His grandmother believes the dances are disgraceful.
(b) Antonia asks him to stop attending the dances.
(c) He is embarrassed after kissing Antonia.
(d) He does not enjoy the dances.
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
(a) Jim's grandfather
(d) Otto Fuchs
3. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) dangerous and unpredictable.
(b) cruel and unforgiving.
(c) mentally ill.
(d) deeply sad.
4. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(b) The Shimerda family
(c) Mr. Shimerda
5. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
(a) The dance tent becomes the social center of town.
(b) The community is ambivalent about the dances.
(c) The dance tent encourages immoral behavior.
(d) The community protests the dances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the speaker at Jim's graduation?
2. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
3. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
4. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
5. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)