|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) A horse collar
(b) An ax
(c) A wagon
(d) A cow
2. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He teaches her to read.
(c) He rescues her brother.
(d) He kills a rattlesnake.
3. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he broke a traffic law
(b) Because he was involved in a bar fight
(c) Because he punched Ambrosch
(d) Because he failed to pay taxes
4. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(c) Mrs. Shimerda
5. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
(a) Playing the piano
(c) Playing the saxophone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
2. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
3. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
4. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
5. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)