|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
(a) Mrs. Shimerda
2. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
(a) She believes she is smarter than he is.
(b) She believes females are superior to males.
(c) She is older than he is.
(d) She is from a different culture than he is.
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
(a) Antonia's hand in marriage
(b) His gun
(c) Fatherly advice
(d) His farm
4. Who is the speaker at Jim's graduation?
(a) Jim's grandfather
(b) Mr. Harling
(d) Wick Cutter
5. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) dangerous and unpredictable.
(b) deeply sad.
(c) cruel and unforgiving.
(d) mentally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
2. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
3. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
4. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
5. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)