|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
(b) Playing the saxophone
(c) Playing the piano
3. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He catches a prairie dog.
(b) He kills a rattlesnake.
(c) He teaches her to read.
(d) He rescues her brother.
4. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(a) His grandparents
(c) Mr. Shimerda
(d) The Harlings
5. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
(a) The community is ambivalent about the dances.
(b) The community protests the dances.
(c) The dance tent becomes the social center of town.
(d) The dance tent encourages immoral behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
2. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
3. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
4. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
5. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)