|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Antonia given?
2. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
(a) Playing the saxophone
(b) Playing the piano
3. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Writes to his mother
(b) Visits the Shimerdas
(c) Cleans the horse stables
(d) Decorates the Christmas tree
4. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) A wagon
(b) An ax
(c) A horse collar
(d) A cow
5. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(b) The Harlings
(c) His grandparents
(d) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
2. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
3. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
4. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
5. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)