|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He teaches her to read.
(b) He catches a prairie dog.
(c) He rescues her brother.
(d) He kills a rattlesnake.
2. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
(a) The manager is out of town.
(b) The country girls are in town.
(c) Jim and Antonia visit the hotel.
(d) Tiny is promoted to the manager position.
3. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
(a) His grandmother believes the dances are disgraceful.
(b) Antonia asks him to stop attending the dances.
(c) He is embarrassed after kissing Antonia.
(d) He does not enjoy the dances.
4. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
(a) The Harlings
(c) Mr. Shimerda
(d) His grandparents
5. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(b) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
(c) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
(d) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
2. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
3. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
5. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)