|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act does Jim perform that makes him a hero in Antonia's eyes?
(a) He teaches her to read.
(b) He kills a rattlesnake.
(c) He catches a prairie dog.
(d) He rescues her brother.
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
(c) Jim's grandfather
(d) Otto Fuchs
3. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) A horse collar
(b) A cow
(c) A wagon
(d) An ax
4. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(b) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(c) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
(d) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
5. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
(a) A doll
(b) A May basket
(c) A playhouse
(d) A toy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
2. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
4. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
5. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)