|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
(a) She was supportive of him.
(b) She helped him function as if he was sighted.
(c) She was ashamed.
(d) She was angry.
2. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(b) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(c) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
(d) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
3. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He needs to marry a country girl.
(b) He is too focused on his studies.
(c) He is too romantic.
(d) He is in love with Antonia.
4. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(b) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
(c) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
(d) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
5. Which of the Shimerda children is considered most important by his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
2. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
3. What event is responsible for the lightened tone at the hotel?
4. Who sponsors the dance tent in Black Hawk?
5. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)