|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
(a) A doll
(b) A toy
(c) A May basket
(d) A playhouse
2. Why does Jake have to pay a fine?
(a) Because he broke a traffic law
(b) Because he punched Ambrosch
(c) Because he was involved in a bar fight
(d) Because he failed to pay taxes
3. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
(a) His grandmother believes the dances are disgraceful.
(b) He does not enjoy the dances.
(c) Antonia asks him to stop attending the dances.
(d) He is embarrassed after kissing Antonia.
4. Which of the Shimerdas did not want to immigrate to the United States?
(b) Mrs. Shimerda
(d) Mr. Shimerda
5. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
(a) An ax
(b) A horse collar
(c) A wagon
(d) A cow
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
2. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
3. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
4. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
5. What does Jim say he enjoys most about his grandfather reading Christmas prayers?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)