|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
(b) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(c) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(d) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
2. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Decorates the Christmas tree
(b) Cleans the horse stables
(c) Visits the Shimerdas
(d) Writes to his mother
3. Who visits the Burdens on Christmas day?
(b) The Shimerda family
(d) Mr. Shimerda
4. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit with he and Pavel.
(b) To deliver a spade
(c) To show the Shimerda children the prairie dog houses.
(d) To borrow a spade
5. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
(b) Blind d'Arnault's
(c) A friend from Virginia's
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
2. Who helps Ambrosch and Marek treat the horse with colic?
3. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
4. What impact do the dances in Black Hawk have on the townspeople?
5. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)