|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonia confides to Jim that her father is _______________
(a) dangerous and unpredictable.
(b) mentally ill.
(c) deeply sad.
(d) cruel and unforgiving.
2. What does Otto do annually on Christmas day?
(a) Cleans the horse stables
(b) Decorates the Christmas tree
(c) Visits the Shimerdas
(d) Writes to his mother
3. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
(b) A silk umbrella
(c) A watch
(d) A book
4. What does Jim create for Nina Harling?
(a) A toy
(b) A doll
(c) A playhouse
(d) A May basket
5. What does Frances Harling say is wrong with Jim?
(a) He is too romantic.
(b) He is too focused on his studies.
(c) He needs to marry a country girl.
(d) He is in love with Antonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
2. Why do Antonia and Jim travel to Russian Peter's in Chapter 7?
3. What is Blind d'Arnault's talent?
4. What does Mr. Shimerda promise to give Jim when he is older?
5. Why does Jim think Antonia acts superior to him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)