|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim stop attending the dances at the Fireman's Hall?
(a) He does not enjoy the dances.
(b) His grandmother believes the dances are disgraceful.
(c) Antonia asks him to stop attending the dances.
(d) He is embarrassed after kissing Antonia.
2. How did Blind d'Arnault's mother react to his blindness?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She was ashamed.
(c) She helped him function as if he was sighted.
(d) She was supportive of him.
3. How does Jim's grandfather mend relations between the Shimerdas and the Burdens?
(a) He speaks to Mrs. Shimerda.
(b) He hires Ambrosch and Antonia to help him harvest.
(c) He forgives Ambrosch for damaging the horse collar.
(d) He tells Jake he must apologize for hitting Ambrosch.
4. What does Mrs. Harling give Jim as a graduation present?
(b) A silk umbrella
(c) A book
(d) A watch
5. Why is Ambrosch delighted when he hears Jake sold a pig in town?
(a) He thinks Jake will share the proceeds of the sale with him.
(b) He believes Jake had to sell the pig to pay his fine.
(c) He asked Jake to sell the pig for him.
(d) He knows Jake has enough money to buy a new horse collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia tell Jim about her father when she and her mother come to visit the Burdens after the winter thaw?
2. To whom does Jim dedicate his speech?
3. What do Jim and Jake go to pick up from Ambrosch in Chapter 18?
4. Whose visit to Black Hawk breaks up the monotony of the winter for Jim?
5. Who does Jim's grandmother hire to help her work in the house during July?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)