|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes to Lena several times?
(a) Colonel Raleigh
(c) The Polish violin teacher
(d) Gaston Cleric
2. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
(a) The Polish violin teacher
(b) His grandparents
(c) Gaston Cleric
3. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(b) Both are Bohemian.
(c) Both live in Black Hawk.
(d) Both are from Austria.
4. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(b) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(c) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(d) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
5. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
(d) He has no intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
2. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
3. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
4. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
5. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)