|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(b) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) They are not Catholics.
2. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both live in Black Hawk.
(b) Both are Bohemian.
(c) Both are from Austria.
(d) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
3. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
(c) He has no intentions.
4. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) They are itinerant farm workers.
(b) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
(c) They help other immigrants in the area.
(d) Their families live in neighboring towns.
5. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(d) Wick Cutter
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
3. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
4. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
5. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)