|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(a) Devotion to work
(c) Devotion to family
(d) Physical strength
2. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
(a) For Wick Cutter
(b) In a neighboring town
(c) For the Burdens
(d) On her family's farm
3. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
(c) Physical strength
4. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
(a) At the library
(b) At a restaurant
(c) At his apartment
(d) At her dress shop
5. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
(a) Wick Cutter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
2. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
3. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
4. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
5. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)