|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
(a) He has no intentions.
2. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both live in Black Hawk.
(b) Both are from Austria.
(c) Both are Bohemian.
(d) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) Their families live in neighboring towns.
(b) They are itinerant farm workers.
(c) They help other immigrants in the area.
(d) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
4. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
(b) Wick Cutter
5. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) Back to Germany
(b) To Heaven
(c) Into Purgatory
(d) To live above the Burdens' home
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
2. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
3. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
4. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
5. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)