|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(a) A gun
(b) Krajiek's ax
(c) Grandfather Burden's ax
2. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) To live above the Burdens' home
(b) Back to Germany
(c) Into Purgatory
(d) To Heaven
3. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
(a) On her family's farm
(b) For Wick Cutter
(c) In a neighboring town
(d) For the Burdens
4. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
(a) She is ambivalent towards the dances.
(b) She regularly attends the dances.
(c) She believes they are immoral.
(d) She rarely attends the dances.
5. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(a) Devotion to work
(b) Devotion to family
(d) Physical strength
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
2. Who proposes to Lena several times?
3. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
4. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
5. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)