|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(b) Krajiek's ax
(c) A gun
(d) Grandfather Burden's ax
2. Who proposes to Lena several times?
(b) Colonel Raleigh
(c) The Polish violin teacher
(d) Gaston Cleric
3. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) Back to Germany
(b) Into Purgatory
(c) To live above the Burdens' home
(d) To Heaven
4. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They are not Catholics.
(b) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
5. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(a) Devotion to family
(c) Physical strength
(d) Devotion to work
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
2. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
3. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
4. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
5. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)