|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(b) Wick Cutter
(c) Mr. Shimerda
2. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
(a) On her family's farm
(b) For the Burdens
(c) In a neighboring town
(d) For Wick Cutter
3. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
(a) He thought he could cure her of her mental illness.
(b) He believed she was the only woman who could keep him steady.
(c) She was the only woman who would marry him.
(d) He wanted to protect her from her own mental illness.
4. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
(b) They help other immigrants in the area.
(c) They are itinerant farm workers.
(d) Their families live in neighboring towns.
5. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(b) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(c) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(d) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
2. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
3. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
4. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
5. Who proposes to Lena several times?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)