|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
(b) They are not Catholics.
(c) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(d) They are not religious.
2. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
(b) His grandparents
(c) The Polish violin teacher
(d) Gaston Cleric
3. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(b) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
(c) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(d) Antonia becomes pregnant.
4. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are from Austria.
(b) Both are Bohemian.
(c) Both live in Black Hawk.
(d) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
5. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
(a) At the library
(b) At her dress shop
(c) At his apartment
(d) At a restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
4. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
5. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)