|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
(b) Their families live in neighboring towns.
(c) They are itinerant farm workers.
(d) They help other immigrants in the area.
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(a) Krajiek's ax
(b) A gun
(c) Grandfather Burden's ax
3. Who proposes to Lena several times?
(a) Gaston Cleric
(b) Colonel Raleigh
(d) The Polish violin teacher
4. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(b) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(c) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(d) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
5. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
(a) At her dress shop
(b) At a restaurant
(c) At his apartment
(d) At the library
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
2. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
3. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
4. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
5. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)