|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) Into Purgatory
(b) To live above the Burdens' home
(c) Back to Germany
(d) To Heaven
2. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
(a) Gaston Cleric
(c) His grandparents
(d) The Polish violin teacher
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) They are itinerant farm workers.
(b) Their families live in neighboring towns.
(c) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
(d) They help other immigrants in the area.
4. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(a) Devotion to work
(c) Devotion to family
(d) Physical strength
5. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
(c) Physical strength
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
2. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
3. Who proposes to Lena several times?
4. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
5. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)