|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
(d) Physical strength
2. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
(a) She is ambivalent towards the dances.
(b) She believes they are immoral.
(c) She rarely attends the dances.
(d) She regularly attends the dances.
3. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(b) Mr. Shimerda
(c) Wick Cutter
4. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are Bohemian.
(b) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(c) Both live in Black Hawk.
(d) Both are from Austria.
5. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(b) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(c) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(d) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
2. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
3. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
4. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
5. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)