|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are Bohemian.
(b) Both live in Black Hawk.
(c) Both are from Austria.
(d) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
2. Who proposes to Lena several times?
(a) Gaston Cleric
(b) Colonel Raleigh
(d) The Polish violin teacher
3. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
(a) At the library
(b) At his apartment
(c) At a restaurant
(d) At her dress shop
4. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(b) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
(c) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(d) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
5. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
(a) They can both take classes at Harvard.
(b) The two can use Harvard's library to study the classics.
(c) Cleric needs assistance teaching a class.
(d) Jim has become distracted from his studies by Lena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
2. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
3. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
4. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
5. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)