|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
(a) He thought he could cure her of her mental illness.
(b) He wanted to protect her from her own mental illness.
(c) He believed she was the only woman who could keep him steady.
(d) She was the only woman who would marry him.
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(b) Physical strength
(c) Devotion to work
(d) Devotion to family
3. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(b) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(c) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(d) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
4. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) Back to Germany
(b) To live above the Burdens' home
(c) Into Purgatory
(d) To Heaven
5. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
(a) They can both take classes at Harvard.
(b) Cleric needs assistance teaching a class.
(c) Jim has become distracted from his studies by Lena.
(d) The two can use Harvard's library to study the classics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
2. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
4. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
5. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)