|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(a) Devotion to family
(b) Devotion to work
(d) Physical strength
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(a) A gun
(b) Krajiek's ax
(d) Grandfather Burden's ax
3. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
(a) They can both take classes at Harvard.
(b) Cleric needs assistance teaching a class.
(c) The two can use Harvard's library to study the classics.
(d) Jim has become distracted from his studies by Lena.
4. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) To live above the Burdens' home
(b) Into Purgatory
(c) Back to Germany
(d) To Heaven
5. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both live in Black Hawk.
(b) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(c) Both are from Austria.
(d) Both are Bohemian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
2. Who proposes to Lena several times?
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
4. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
5. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)