|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
(a) They can both take classes at Harvard.
(b) Jim has become distracted from his studies by Lena.
(c) The two can use Harvard's library to study the classics.
(d) Cleric needs assistance teaching a class.
2. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
(a) He believed she was the only woman who could keep him steady.
(b) He wanted to protect her from her own mental illness.
(c) He thought he could cure her of her mental illness.
(d) She was the only woman who would marry him.
3. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(a) Grandfather Burden's ax
(b) Krajiek's ax
(c) A gun
4. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
(a) He has no intentions.
5. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
(b) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(c) Antonia becomes pregnant.
(d) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
2. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
4. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
5. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)