|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) To live above the Burdens' home
(b) Into Purgatory
(c) To Heaven
(d) Back to Germany
2. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(a) Krajiek's ax
(b) A gun
(d) Grandfather Burden's ax
3. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both are from Austria.
(b) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(c) Both are Bohemian.
(d) Both live in Black Hawk.
4. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
(b) His grandparents
(c) Gaston Cleric
(d) The Polish violin teacher
5. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
(a) Antonia brings a boy to the Harlings after a dance.
(b) A boy tries to kiss Antonia so she slaps him.
(c) People in town begin to speak negatively about Antonia.
(d) Antonia becomes pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
2. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
3. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
4. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
5. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)