|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) Into Purgatory
(b) To live above the Burdens' home
(c) To Heaven
(d) Back to Germany
2. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
(a) She believes they are immoral.
(b) She is ambivalent towards the dances.
(c) She regularly attends the dances.
(d) She rarely attends the dances.
3. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
(a) He wanted to protect her from her own mental illness.
(b) He believed she was the only woman who could keep him steady.
(c) She was the only woman who would marry him.
(d) He thought he could cure her of her mental illness.
4. Where does Jim often meet Lena?
(a) At the library
(b) At her dress shop
(c) At his apartment
(d) At a restaurant
5. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
(a) He has no intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
3. Who proposes to Lena several times?
4. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
5. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)