|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
(a) For the Burdens
(b) In a neighboring town
(c) On her family's farm
(d) For Wick Cutter
2. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
(a) The two can use Harvard's library to study the classics.
(b) Cleric needs assistance teaching a class.
(c) Jim has become distracted from his studies by Lena.
(d) They can both take classes at Harvard.
3. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both live in Black Hawk.
(b) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
(c) Both are Bohemian.
(d) Both are from Austria.
4. Where does Jim believe Mr. Shimerda's spirit goes after he dies?
(a) Into Purgatory
(b) To Heaven
(c) To live above the Burdens' home
(d) Back to Germany
5. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the country girls possess?
(b) Physical strength
(c) Devotion to family
(d) Devotion to work
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
3. Who proposes to Lena several times?
4. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
5. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)