|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gaston Cleric suggest that Jim accompany him to Harvard?
(a) The two can use Harvard's library to study the classics.
(b) Cleric needs assistance teaching a class.
(c) They can both take classes at Harvard.
(d) Jim has become distracted from his studies by Lena.
2. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
(a) She rarely attends the dances.
(b) She believes they are immoral.
(c) She is ambivalent towards the dances.
(d) She regularly attends the dances.
3. Why does Anton Jelinek believe the Shimerdas are not concerned about having a priest perform Mr. Shimerda's funeral?
(a) They believe he is already in Heaven.
(b) They are not Catholics.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) His suicide is an unforgivable sin.
4. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
(a) A gun
(b) Krajiek's ax
(c) Grandfather Burden's ax
5. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(b) Wick Cutter
(c) Mr. Shimerda
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Antonia consider going to work when the Harlings forbid her to attend the dances?
2. Which of the following is not a quality that Jim believes the town girls possess?
3. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
4. What event occurs that causes Mr. Harling to tell Antonia she cannot attend the dances?
5. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)