|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim's grandfather believe killed Mr. Shimerda?
(a) Mr. Shimerda
(c) Wick Cutter
2. Who is suspicious of Jim's visits to Lena?
(a) His grandparents
(b) The Polish violin teacher
(c) Gaston Cleric
3. Why do the three Marys often have to leave town?
(a) They are suspected of becoming pregnant.
(b) Their families live in neighboring towns.
(c) They are itinerant farm workers.
(d) They help other immigrants in the area.
4. What is Anton Jelinek's connection with the Shimerda family?
(a) Both live in Black Hawk.
(b) Both are Bohemian.
(c) Both are from Austria.
(d) Both are indebted to Krajiek.
5. Who is suspected of killing Mr. Shimerda?
(d) Wick Cutter
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lena, why did Ole Benson marry his wife?
2. Who proposes to Lena several times?
3. What does Jake find under the manger in the barn where Mr. Shimerda's body is found?
4. How does Antonia react to the dances in town?
5. What does Jim tell the Polish violin teacher his intentions are with Lena?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)