Introduction | Book 1: Chapter 1
1. How do the narrator and Jim become acquainted?
(a) They were both neighbors of Antonia.
(b) The work for the same company in New York.
(c) They meet on the train.
(d) They grew up in the same town.
2. Where does Jim live as an adult?
(c) New York
3. What does Jim tell the narrator of the introduction?
(a) He has been writing down his memories of Antonia.
(b) He was secretly in love with Antonia.
(c) He plans to move back to Nebraska.
(d) He dislikes his wife.
4. Why does Jim come to live with his grandparents in the first chapter of the book?
(a) His parents want him to grow up on a farm.
(b) His parents are unable to care for him.
(c) His parents have divorced.
(d) His parents have passed away.
5. Who accompanies Jim on his train trip to Nebraska in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Fuchs
(b) His grandfather
(c) Jake Marpole
This section contains 4,780 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)