Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Act 1
1. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
2. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
3. In what city of England does the story take place?
4. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
5. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
6. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
7. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
8. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
9. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of...
This section contains 2,166 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)