|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
(a) James I.
(b) Edward III.
(c) Richard I.
(d) Henry II.
2. What is NOT one of names Beckett calls out to before he dies?
3. In what city is Beckett's birthplace located?
4. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) The stillness of water.
(c) The swept hearth.
(d) The sleeping dog.
5. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
(a) Spring melting the winter ice.
(b) Fluting in the meadows.
(c) Singing at nightfall.
(d) Fires devouring the winter season.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Beckett say has final word over the King?
2. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
4. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
5. What does the Second Priest bring in?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)