|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year in which Part II takes place?
2. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A rock and a hard place.
(b) A wolf and a sheep.
(c) A hammer and an anvil.
(d) Fire and water.
3. What does the Second Priest bring in?
(a) The banner of St. Elphage.
(b) The banner of the Holy Innocents.
(c) The banner of St. Stephen.
(d) The banner of St. John the Apostle.
4. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Attacked by dogs.
(b) Drowning in a ditch.
(c) Slipping on a step.
(d) Taking a shock to the skull.
5. What characters make their first appearance in Part II?
(a) The Four Knights.
(b) The Three Priests.
(c) The Archbishop.
(d) The Four Tempters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
2. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
3. Where does Beckett insist that the crimes against him should be formally stated?
4. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
5. Where was Beckett born?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)