|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does Beckett say has final word over the King?
(a) The law of England.
(b) No one has final word over the King.
(c) The law of the church.
(d) The law of the Archbishop.
2. What does Beckett call his congregation?
(a) My dearest flock.
(b) God's worshippers.
(c) Dear children of God..
(d) Beloved children.
3. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
(a) Living and partly dying.
(b) Living and partly suffering.
(c) Living and partly living.
(d) Dying and partly dying.
4. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
5. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) piety; reckoning.
(b) lies; the end.
(c) life; your strife.
(d) higher vices; higher prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the scene change to when the Priests and Beckett exit?
2. What is the name of the Third Knight?
3. Who does Beckett parallel himself with when he says "blood for blood?"
4. How might you define the Knights on their entrance?
5. When Beckett mentions the shepherd and his fold, who or what is he referring to?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)