|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the things the Knights ask Thomas Beckett to do?
(a) Sever all ties with the Pope and the French King.
(b) Absolve those he excommunicated.
(c) Renew his allegience to the King.
(d) Restore money to the King.
2. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
(a) By living.
(b) By destroying his fear.
(c) By winning.
(d) By suffering.
3. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) The English throne.
(b) A new life.
(c) His former political position.
(d) A new love.
4. Who protects Beckett from physical harm when he is first attacked?
(a) The Tempters.
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Priests.
(d) The Chorus.
5. What image does the Chorus keep referring to in their speech as Thomas Beckett is killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Interlude set?
2. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
3. What does the First Priest bring in?
4. What does the First Knight ask the audience for after they kill Beckett?
5. How does the Third Tempter describe himself?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)