|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
2. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
(a) HIs goose may be cooked.
(b) God will show his wrath.
(c) Everything will be set right.
(d) His fat lady will sing.
3. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
4. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(c) The impossible, the undesirable .
5. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Drowning in a ditch.
(b) Taking a shock to the skull.
(c) Attacked by dogs.
(d) Slipping on a step.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
2. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
3. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
4. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
5. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)