|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
(a) "The Lord is My shepard, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures."
(b) "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men of good will."
(c) "God bless us, every one."
(d) "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
2. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
(a) By suffering.
(b) By destroying his fear.
(c) By living.
(d) By winning.
3. How does the First Knight respond when the First Priest offers them dinner?
(a) Roast pork is nice.
(b) Dinner before business.
(c) We must see the Archbishop.
(d) Business before dinner.
4. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
5. When the Knights speak, how does the format of the play change?
(a) It changes from song to speaking.
(b) It changes from monologue to dialogue.
(c) It changes from verse to monologue.
(d) It changes from rhyming poetry to blank verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Beckett born?
2. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
3. Why might the public react this way?
4. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
5. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)