|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
2. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
(a) On ChristmasEve.
(b) On Christmas Day.
(c) At kissing time below the stairs.
(d) At night when the fires are lit.
3. What are one of the specific crimes against the King that the Knights speak of?
(a) Denying the baron's right to land.
(b) Denying the King's claim to the throne.
(c) Denying the legality of the Prince's coronation.
(d) Denying the King taxes.
4. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
(a) Stay; go.
(b) Mourn; rejoice.
(c) Rejoice; weep.
(d) Laugh; weep.
5. How does the Second Knight believe violence is justified?
(a) To maintain social justice.
(b) To save the King.
(c) To maintain theiir dignity.
(d) To keep the poor in check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus continue to reference in the speech that begins, "I have smelt them, the death-bringers..."
2. What is one of the major sentiments of the Chorus' "death-bringer" speech?
3. Where was Beckett born?
4. What is the first idea that Becket relates to his audience and what does he insist that the Chorus "know and do not know?"
5. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)