|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Tempter successful?
(a) Beckett makes peace with the barons.
(b) Beckett plans for an escape.
(c) Beckett ends up accepting his fate.
(d) Beckett makes peace with the King.
2. What word do the Priests continually mull over?
3. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
(a) An old stag, circled with hounds.
(b) An old dog, circled with wolves.
(c) An old fox, circled with hounds.
(d) A young doe, circled with wolves.
4. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of his immortal soul.
(b) At price of his devotion to God.
(c) At price of a certain submission.
(d) At price of an uncertain quantity.
5. According to Beckett, what can mankind not bear much of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
2. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
3. What does the Fourth Knight believe was the cause of Beckett's death?
4. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
5. What is NOT one of the instructions of the First Knight to the other three?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)