|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
(a) The danger he is in.
(b) The hard times of the poor.
(c) The good time past.
(d) His loyalty to the king.
2. What, according to the First Tempter, "should be more than biting Time can sever?"
3. What part of the Knights' claim does Beckett doubt to be true?
(a) That his crimes are true.
(b) That the King sent them.
(c) That he is prideful.
(d) That they will realy try to kill him.
4. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) Where the Archbishop is staying.
(b) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(c) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
(d) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
5. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
(a) Someone who has lost his will to a higher one.
(b) An accident of chance.
(c) Someone both mourned and celebrated.
(d) Someone who does not desire anything for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does the Chorus keep referring to in their speech as Thomas Beckett is killed?
2. Where was Beckett born?
3. What is the major point that the Third Knights wishes to relate to the audience?
4. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
5. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)