|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the Knights' claim does Beckett doubt to be true?
(a) That they will realy try to kill him.
(b) That his crimes are true.
(c) That the King sent them.
(d) That he is prideful.
2. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
(a) The Resurrection of Christ.
(b) The Passion and Death of Christ
(c) The Birth of Christ.
(d) The Miracles of Christ.
3. What does Beckett claim the Fourth Tempter offers?
(a) Promises of Nothing.
(b) An End to Suffering.
(c) Hopes that Die.
(d) Dreams to Damnation.
4. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
(a) God will show his wrath.
(b) Everything will be set right.
(c) His fat lady will sing.
(d) HIs goose may be cooked.
5. What is one way the Knights describe Beckett?
(a) The King's tool.
(b) God's intrument
(c) The murderer.
(d) The betrayer of all things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
2. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
3. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
4. What is one of the major sentiments of the Chorus' "death-bringer" speech?
5. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)