|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(b) The Christmas pageant.
(c) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
(d) Taking Communion.
2. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
(a) Greedy merchants.
(b) The King of France.
(c) Rebellious bishops.
(d) King Henry II.
3. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
(b) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
(c) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
(d) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
4. What is one of the major sentiments of the Chorus' "death-bringer" speech?
5. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
(b) They hate the English King.
(c) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
(d) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best way to describe what Beckett seems to feel for his congregation?
2. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
3. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
4. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
5. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)