|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the priests finally get Beckett to go to the altar?
(a) The persuade him.
(b) They leave him.
(c) They force him.
(d) They plead with him
2. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
(a) An old dog, circled with wolves.
(b) A young doe, circled with wolves.
(c) An old fox, circled with hounds.
(d) An old stag, circled with hounds.
3. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A brave man.
(c) A simple man.
(d) An instrument of God.
4. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Taking a shock to the skull.
(b) Drowning in a ditch.
(c) Attacked by dogs.
(d) Slipping on a step.
5. What do the Priests compare the Knights to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
2. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
3. What is one thing both the Priests and the Chorus do after Beckett is killed?
4. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
5. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)