|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) St. Stephen.
(b) The Holy Innocents.
(c) The disciples.
(d) Shepards of bethlehem.
2. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of his devotion to God.
(b) At price of his immortal soul.
(c) At price of a certain submission.
(d) At price of an uncertain quantity.
3. What is the purpose of the Knights' visit?
(a) To see Beckett.
(b) To see the Priests.
(c) To give warning from the King.
(d) To rest their men.
4. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Priests.
(b) The Chorus..
(c) Thomas Beckett.
(d) The Tempters.
5. What characters make their first appearance in Part II?
(a) The Four Tempters.
(b) The Three Priests.
(c) The Four Knights.
(d) The Archbishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the First Knight?
2. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
3. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
4. What image does the Chorus keep referring to in their speech as Thomas Beckett is killed?
5. What part of the Knights' claim does Beckett doubt to be true?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)