|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does the Chorus speak of at the beginning of Part II?
2. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) The swept hearth.
(c) The sleeping dog.
(d) The stillness of water.
3. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
(a) At night when the fires are lit.
(b) At kissing time below the stairs.
(c) On ChristmasEve.
(d) On Christmas Day.
4. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
(a) For the glory of martyrdom.
(b) To aid in the salvation of man.
(c) For revenge.
(d) To prove the King wrong.
5. How does the First Knight respond when the First Priest offers them dinner?
(a) We must see the Archbishop.
(b) Roast pork is nice.
(c) Business before dinner.
(d) Dinner before business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
2. What is the irony that Beckett points out to the Priests upon his entrance in Part II?
3. According to Beckett, what can mankind not bear much of?
4. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
5. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)