|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the scene change to when the Priests and Beckett exit?
(a) The cathedral.
(c) The Archbishop's hall.
(d) The gates.
2. How does the First Knight respond when the First Priest offers them dinner?
(a) Roast pork is nice.
(b) We must see the Archbishop.
(c) Business before dinner.
(d) Dinner before business.
3. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
4. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
(a) The kingdom of England at peace with its neighbors.
(b) The people of Canterbury at peace with their fate.
(c) The Pope at peace with the King.
(d) The entire world at peace with no war in sight.
5. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(d) Frequent Malversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the Knights' claim does Beckett doubt to be true?
2. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
3. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
4. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
5. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)