|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Four Tempters.
(b) The Four Knights.
(c) The Three Priests.
(d) The Chorus.
2. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
(a) The meaning of Christmas.
3. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(c) Frequent Malversation.
4. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
(a) A good harvest.
(b) The town burning down.
(c) Brewing beer.
(d) The disappearance of several girls.
5. What is the name of the Third Knight?
(a) Richard Brito.
(b) Hugh de Morville.
(c) William de Traci.
(d) Reginald Fitz Urse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beckett close his sermon?
2. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
3. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
4. What is the year in which Part II takes place?
5. According to Beckett, who condemned the bishops?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)