|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Biblical quote does Beckett repeat?
(a) "The Lord is My shepard, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures."
(b) "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men of goodwill."
(c) "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
(d) "God bless us, every one."
2. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
(a) The Snake appearing to Eve in the Garden of Eden.
(b) Moses parting the Red Sea.
(c) The fall of Azrael the angel from Heaven.
(d) The angels appearing to the sheperds of Bethlehem on Christmas.
3. What is the first idea that Becket relates to his audience and what does he insist that the Chorus "know and do not know?"
(a) The world is suffering and they are the world.
(b) Suffering is everything and everything is suffering.
(c) Action is suffering and suffering is action.
(d) Life is suffering and suffering is death.
4. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
(b) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
(c) Where the Archbishop is staying.
(d) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
5. What is the name of the First Knight?
(a) Hugh de Morville.
(b) Reginald Fitz Urse.
(c) William de Traci.
(d) Richard Brito.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
2. What do the Priests compare the Knights to?
3. In what city is Beckett's birthplace located?
4. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
5. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)