|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Priests compare the Knights to?
2. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(b) The Poor of Canterbury.
(c) The Women of Canturbury.
(d) The Hand of God.
3. What would be the most likely reaction of the Canterbury people that this is Beckett's last sermon?
(a) Apathy and boredom.
(b) Shock and confusion.
(c) Happiness and celebration.
(d) None of these.
4. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
(a) King Henry II.
(b) The Pope.
(c) John, the Dean of Salisbury.
(d) The King of France.
5. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
2. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
3. How does the First Knight respond when the First Priest offers them dinner?
4. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
5. Where is the Interlude set?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)