|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett, what can mankind not bear much of?
2. What do the Priests compare the Knights to?
3. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
(a) Laugh; weep.
(b) Mourn; rejoice.
(c) Rejoice; weep.
(d) Stay; go.
4. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(a) The impossible, the undesirable .
5. What does the First Knight ask the audience for after they kill Beckett?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
2. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
3. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
4. What is the name of the First Knight?
5. Who is the leader of the group?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)