|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image does the Chorus keep referring to in their speech as Thomas Beckett is killed?
2. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Tempters..
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Knights.
3. Where was Beckett born?
(a) King's Cross.
(c) Camden .
4. Where does Beckett insist that the crimes against him should be formally stated?
(a) In public.
(b) In a court of law.
(c) In the Church.
(d) In private.
5. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
2. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
3. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
4. In what city is Beckett's birthplace located?
5. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)