|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protects Beckett from physical harm when he is first attacked?
(a) The Priests.
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Tempters.
2. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
(b) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
(c) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
(d) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
3. What does Beckett demand of the Priests?
(a) Bar the door.
(b) Unbar the door.
(c) Help him hide.
(d) Save him.
4. What is the last thing that the Chorus asks from God?
5. What does the Second Priest bring in?
(a) The banner of St. Stephen.
(b) The banner of St. Elphage.
(c) The banner of the Holy Innocents.
(d) The banner of St. John the Apostle.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first scene featuring the three Priests, the Chorus speaks again. What do they wish the Archbishop to do?
2. Why might the public react this way?
3. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
4. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
5. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)