|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first scene featuring the three Priests, the Chorus speaks again. What do they wish the Archbishop to do?
(a) Make peace with the King.
(b) Turn the wheel.
(c) Bless them.
(d) Return to France.
2. What is the name of the Third Knight?
(a) Reginald Fitz Urse.
(b) Richard Brito.
(c) Hugh de Morville.
(d) William de Traci.
3. What are one of the specific crimes against the King that the Knights speak of?
(a) Denying the King taxes.
(b) Denying the legality of the Prince's coronation.
(c) Denying the King's claim to the throne.
(d) Denying the baron's right to land.
4. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
5. What does the Second Priest bring in?
(a) The banner of St. Stephen.
(b) The banner of St. John the Apostle.
(c) The banner of St. Elphage.
(d) The banner of the Holy Innocents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
2. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
3. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
4. Where is the Interlude set?
5. Who are the Knights loyal to?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)