|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the priests finally get Beckett to go to the altar?
(a) They leave him.
(b) They force him.
(c) They plead with him
(d) The persuade him.
2. What is not one of the things the Knights ask Thomas Beckett to do?
(a) Absolve those he excommunicated.
(b) Restore money to the King.
(c) Sever all ties with the Pope and the French King.
(d) Renew his allegience to the King.
3. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) The People of Canterbury.
(b) English Merchants.
(c) English barons.
(d) The King.
4. What is the purpose of the Knights' visit?
(a) To see the Priests.
(b) To see Beckett.
(c) To give warning from the King.
(d) To rest their men.
5. What does the First Knight ask the audience for after they kill Beckett?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
2. How does the Chorus describe itself?
3. Where was Beckett born?
4. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
5. How does Beckett close his sermon?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)