|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city of England does the story take place?
2. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
3. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) Taking Communion.
(b) The Christmas pageant.
(c) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(d) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
4. Why was the Tempter successful?
(a) Beckett ends up accepting his fate.
(b) Beckett plans for an escape.
(c) Beckett makes peace with the barons.
(d) Beckett makes peace with the King.
5. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Third Knight?
2. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
3. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
4. What are one of the specific crimes against the King that the Knights speak of?
5. When the Knights speak, how does the format of the play change?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)