|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
2. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) The sleeping dog.
(c) The stillness of water.
(d) The swept hearth.
3. What Biblical quote does Beckett repeat?
(a) "The Lord is My shepard, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures."
(b) "God bless us, every one."
(c) "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
(d) "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men of goodwill."
4. In what year does the Interlude take place?
5. Where was Beckett born?
(b) King's Cross.
(c) Camden .
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Interlude set?
2. What does the Third Priest bring in?
3. After the first scene featuring the three Priests, the Chorus speaks again. What do they wish the Archbishop to do?
4. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
5. What does the Messenger say were the last words of Thomas Becket to the King of England before the Archbishop's exile?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)