|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "I am not in danger..."
(a) "...only near to God."
(b) "... only near to Death."
(c) "...only near to the Void."
(d) "...only alone."
2. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
(b) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
(c) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
(d) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
3. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Tempters.
(b) The Chorus..
(c) Thomas Beckett.
(d) The Priests.
4. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Lonely folk.
(b) Small folk.
(c) Poor folk.
(d) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
5. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
(b) The Archbishop has left France.
(c) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
(d) The Pope has excommunicated the King
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the Second Knight, is in the English spirit?
2. Who is the leader of the group?
3. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
4. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
5. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)