|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
(a) The Four Tempters.
(c) God's angels.
(d) The Three Priests.
2. Beckett asks the congregation to think about the meaning of what word?
3. How does Beckett feel about martyrs?
(a) He fears them.
(b) He is confused by them.
(c) He is apathetic about them.
(d) He admires them.
4. According to the Four Tempters, what is man's life?
(a) An inconvenience to God.
(b) A fleeting moment.
(c) A cheat and a disappointment.
(d) A viscious cycle.
5. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
(a) He is out of ideas.
(b) He doesn't want to give them false hope.
(c) He believes he will be murdered soon.
(d) He is too sad to speak any more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
2. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
3. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
4. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
5. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)