|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group?
(a) The First Knight.
(b) The Fourth Knights.
(c) The Third Knight.
(d) The Second Knight.
2. What is NOT one of the instructions of the First Knight to the other three?
(a) Do nothing to provoke a public outbreak.
(b) Go straight to the King.
(c) Not loiter in groups.
(d) Disperse to their homes.
3. Where was Beckett born?
(c) Camden .
(d) King's Cross.
4. What characters make their first appearance in Part II?
(a) The Four Knights.
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) The Three Priests.
(d) The Four Tempters.
5. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Three Priests.
(b) The Four Tempters.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Four Knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things the Knights compare Beckett to?
2. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
3. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
4. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
5. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)