|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the First Tempter, "should be more than biting Time can sever?"
2. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
(a) The first.
(b) The last to the last.
(c) The first to the second.
(d) The last from the first.
3. What is the name of the First Knight?
(a) Hugh de Morville.
(b) Reginald Fitz Urse.
(c) William de Traci.
(d) Richard Brito.
4. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
5. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(b) The Poor of Canterbury.
(c) The Women of Canturbury.
(d) The Hand of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might you define the Knights on their entrance?
2. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
3. What image does the Chorus keep referring to in their speech as Thomas Beckett is killed?
4. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
5. In what year does the Interlude take place?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)