|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
(a) To warn them.
(b) To lead them.
(c) To being mankind back to His ways.
(d) To instill fear in them.
2. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
(a) The Third.
(b) The First.
(c) The Second.
(d) The Fourth.
3. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) Where the Archbishop is staying.
(b) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
(c) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(d) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
4. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
(b) The Christmas pageant.
(c) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(d) Taking Communion.
5. What are one of the specific crimes against the King that the Knights speak of?
(a) Denying the King's claim to the throne.
(b) Denying the baron's right to land.
(c) Denying the King taxes.
(d) Denying the legality of the Prince's coronation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
2. What does the First Priest bring in?
3. Where does Part II take place?
4. Which specific Canterbury martyr does Beckett ask the congregation to remember?
5. Who are the Knights loyal to?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)