|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
(a) Death by crucifixion.
(b) Death by martyrdom.
(c) Peace in Heaven.
(d) A happy ending.
2. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
3. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) English Merchants.
(b) English barons.
(c) The King.
(d) The People of Canterbury.
4. What is the name of the First Knight?
(a) Hugh de Morville.
(b) William de Traci.
(c) Richard Brito.
(d) Reginald Fitz Urse.
5. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
(a) Happiness for the People of England.
(b) The blessing of God.
(c) Favor from the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing the Chorus asks Beckett to do?
2. How does Beckett close his sermon?
3. Who or what does Beckett say has final word over the King?
4. How does the Second Knight believe violence is justified?
5. What is the last thing that the Chorus asks from God?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)