|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Four Knights.
(b) The Four Tempters.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Three Priests.
2. What is the year in which Part II takes place?
3. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
(a) A Christian killed because he is a Christian.
(b) Someone killed for the glory of God.
(c) An instrument of God.
(d) A man given peace by God.
4. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
5. What is the last thing that the Chorus asks from God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
2. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
3. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
4. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
5. What part of the Knights' claim does Beckett doubt to be true?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)