|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
(a) James I.
(b) Edward III.
(c) Richard I.
(d) Henry II.
2. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Poor folk.
(b) Lonely folk.
(c) Small folk.
(d) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
3. How does the Second Knight believe violence is justified?
(a) To maintain social justice.
(b) To keep the poor in check.
(c) To maintain theiir dignity.
(d) To save the King.
4. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(a) The impossible, the undesirable .
5. Who protects Beckett from physical harm when he is first attacked?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Priests.
(c) The Tempters.
(d) The Knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
2. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
3. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
4. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
5. What word do the Priests continually mull over?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)