|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
(a) The last to the last.
(b) The first.
(c) The last from the first.
(d) The first to the second.
2. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
(a) He was unexpected.
(b) He is there to cause confusion.
(c) He was expected.
(d) He is in danger.
3. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
(a) Himself alone.
(b) The Pope alone.
(c) God alone.
(d) His people alone.
4. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(c) The impossible, the undesirable .
5. When the Knights are taunting Beckett, where do they continually ask him to go?
(c) Their parlour.
(d) The lions' den.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
2. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
3. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
4. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
5. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)