|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Holy Innocents Day?
(a) Deceber 29th.
(b) December 26th.
(c) December 28th.
(d) December 25th.
2. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
(c) Blank verse.
3. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
(a) By suffering.
(b) By living.
(c) By winning.
(d) By destroying his fear.
4. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
(d) The meaning of Christmas.
5. What is one thing both the Priests and the Chorus do after Beckett is killed?
(a) Praise themselves.
(b) Praise God.
(c) Curse God.
(d) Curse themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
2. What does Becket claim is the "substance of our first act?"
3. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
4. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
5. What does the First Knight ask the audience for after they kill Beckett?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)