|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Tempter successful?
(a) Beckett makes peace with the King.
(b) Beckett makes peace with the barons.
(c) Beckett ends up accepting his fate.
(d) Beckett plans for an escape.
2. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
(a) The kingdom of England at peace with its neighbors.
(b) The entire world at peace with no war in sight.
(c) The Pope at peace with the King.
(d) The people of Canterbury at peace with their fate.
3. What are the Priests doing when they enter?
4. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
(a) For revenge.
(b) To aid in the salvation of man.
(c) For the glory of martyrdom.
(d) To prove the King wrong.
5. Who or what does Beckett say has final word over the King?
(a) The law of the Archbishop.
(b) No one has final word over the King.
(c) The law of England.
(d) The law of the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city of England does the story take place?
2. When Beckett mentions the shepherd and his fold, who or what is he referring to?
3. How do the priests finally get Beckett to go to the altar?
4. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
5. What is NOT one of the instructions of the First Knight to the other three?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)