|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the Knights' claim does Beckett doubt to be true?
(a) That the King sent them.
(b) That his crimes are true.
(c) That he is prideful.
(d) That they will realy try to kill him.
2. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
3. Finish the sentence: "I am not in danger..."
(a) "... only near to Death."
(b) "...only near to the Void."
(c) "...only near to God."
(d) "...only alone."
4. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
(a) Laugh; weep.
(b) Stay; go.
(c) Mourn; rejoice.
(d) Rejoice; weep.
5. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the King would not allow it.
(b) Because he excommunicated them.
(c) Because the Pope would not allow it.
(d) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
2. What is the irony that Beckett points out to the Priests upon his entrance in Part II?
3. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
4. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
5. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)