|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last word of the Interlude?
2. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
3. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
4. How does the Third Tempter describe himself?
(a) A rough and angry follower of the king
(b) A rough, straightforward Englishman.
(c) A surly English peasant
(d) A man who is rich in spirit
5. Where is the Interlude set?
(a) The gates of the Cathedral.
(b) The Archbishop's Hall.
(c) The Cathedral.
(d) The King's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
2. What image does the Chorus keep referring to in their speech as Thomas Beckett is killed?
3. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
4. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
5. What is one way the Knights describe Beckett?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)