|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the instructions of the First Knight to the other three?
(a) Go straight to the King.
(b) Not loiter in groups.
(c) Do nothing to provoke a public outbreak.
(d) Disperse to their homes.
2. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
(a) He may not be the last martyr.
(b) His death will shame the King.
(c) He will be the first martyr of Canterbury.
(d) His murder will shock the world.
3. Beckett asks the congregation to think about the meaning of what word?
4. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Resurrection of Christ.
(b) The Birth of Christ.
(c) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(d) The Miracles of Christ.
5. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
(a) The King's palace.
(b) The Cathedral.
(c) Outside the gates of the Cathedral.
(d) The Archbishop's hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett demand of the Priests?
2. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
3. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
4. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
5. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)