|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
(a) The Three Priests.
(b) The Four Tempters.
(d) God's angels.
2. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) The King.
(b) English barons.
(c) The People of Canterbury.
(d) English Merchants.
3. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By giving his money to the people.
(b) By becoming a martyr.
(c) By killing the King.
(d) By becoming the Chancellor again.
4. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) St. Stephen.
(b) The disciples.
(c) The Holy Innocents.
(d) Shepards of bethlehem.
5. What is the best way to describe what Beckett seems to feel for his congregation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
2. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
3. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
4. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
5. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)