|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
2. Beckett asks the congregation to think about the meaning of what word?
3. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) English Merchants.
(b) The King.
(c) The People of Canterbury.
(d) English barons.
4. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A rock and a hard place.
(b) Fire and water.
(c) A wolf and a sheep.
(d) A hammer and an anvil.
5. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
2. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
3. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
4. How does the Chorus describe itself?
5. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)