|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
(a) The kingdom of England at peace with its neighbors.
(b) The Pope at peace with the King.
(c) The people of Canterbury at peace with their fate.
(d) The entire world at peace with no war in sight.
2. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He represents the people.
(b) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
(c) He helps Beckett find peace.
(d) He voices Beckett's own desires.
3. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By becoming a martyr.
(b) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(c) By killing the King.
(d) By giving his money to the people.
4. On what date does the Interlude take place?
(a) December 24th.
(b) December 29th.
(c) December 25th.
(d) December 30th.
5. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
(b) They hate the English King.
(c) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
(d) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
2. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
3. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
4. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
5. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)