|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
2. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
(a) The Second Tempter.
(b) The Fourth Tempter.
(c) Thomas Beckett.
(d) The Second Tempter.
3. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
(a) Someone killed for the glory of God.
(b) An instrument of God.
(c) A man given peace by God.
(d) A Christian killed because he is a Christian.
4. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
(a) Beckett himself.
(b) The people of the world.
(c) His disciples.
(d) His angels.
5. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Knights.
(d) The Tempters..
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
2. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
3. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
4. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
5. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)