|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
2. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
3. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
(b) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(c) Taking Communion.
(d) The Christmas pageant.
4. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
(a) Brewing beer.
(b) A good harvest.
(c) The town burning down.
(d) The disappearance of several girls.
5. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
(a) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
2. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
3. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
4. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
5. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)