|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city of England does the story take place?
2. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(b) Where the Archbishop is staying.
(c) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
(d) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
3. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
(a) The Birth of Christ.
(b) The Passion and Death of Christ
(c) The Resurrection of Christ.
(d) The Miracles of Christ.
4. Where is the Interlude set?
(a) The Archbishop's Hall.
(b) The Cathedral.
(c) The King's palace.
(d) The gates of the Cathedral.
5. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
(a) The love of God.
(b) Its sadness and greatness.
(c) The hope and peace it offers.
(d) Its meaning and mystery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
2. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
3. What does Beckett believe to be the last temptation and what he fears the most?
4. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
5. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)