|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last word of the Interlude?
2. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
(a) They die for the salvation of men.
(c) They do it for the glory of God.
3. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He represents the people.
(b) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
(c) He helps Beckett find peace.
(d) He voices Beckett's own desires.
4. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
5. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) St. Stephen.
(b) The Holy Innocents.
(c) The disciples.
(d) Shepards of bethlehem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
2. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
3. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
4. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
5. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)