|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
2. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
(a) The Pope alone.
(b) God alone.
(c) Himself alone.
(d) His people alone.
3. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) A wife singing to her children.
(b) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(c) Barons at peace with the King.
(d) The Pope at peace with the King.
4. In what city of England does the story take place?
5. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
(a) The stillness of water.
(b) The sleeping dog.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) The swept hearth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
2. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
3. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
4. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
5. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)