|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to describe what Beckett seems to feel for his congregation?
2. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
(a) An instrument of God.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A simple man.
(d) A brave man.
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(a) The impossible, the undesirable .
4. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) English barons.
(b) English Merchants.
(c) The King.
(d) The People of Canterbury.
5. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
2. In what city of England does the story take place?
3. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
4. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
5. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)