|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
2. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the King would not allow it.
(b) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
(c) Because he excommunicated them.
(d) Because the Pope would not allow it.
3. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of a certain submission.
(b) At price of an uncertain quantity.
(c) At price of his devotion to God.
(d) At price of his immortal soul.
4. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
(a) Beckett is not dying for the King.
(b) Beckett is not dying for glory.
(c) Beckett is dying for love.
(d) Beckett chooses to live.
5. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Poor folk.
(b) Small folk.
(c) Lonely folk.
(d) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
2. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
3. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
4. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
5. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)