|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
(a) Have a feast.
(b) Lead a prayer.
(c) Throw a celebration in his honor.
(d) Have the fires lit in his rooms.
2. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
(b) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
(c) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
(d) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
3. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
(a) At peace; at war
(b) High; low.
(c) Dead; alive.
(d) Low; high
4. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
(a) An accident of chance.
(b) Someone who does not desire anything for himself.
(c) Someone both mourned and celebrated.
(d) Someone who has lost his will to a higher one.
5. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Attacked by dogs.
(b) Slipping on a step.
(c) Taking a shock to the skull.
(d) Drowning in a ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
2. In what year does the Interlude take place?
3. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
4. Beckett asks the congregation to think about the meaning of what word?
5. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)