|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Drowning in a ditch.
(b) Taking a shock to the skull.
(c) Slipping on a step.
(d) Attacked by dogs.
2. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
(a) The Fourth Tempter.
(b) The Second Tempter.
(c) Thomas Beckett.
(d) The Second Tempter.
3. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(b) The Pope at peace with the King.
(c) A wife singing to her children.
(d) Barons at peace with the King.
4. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
(a) Dying and partly dying.
(b) Living and partly living.
(c) Living and partly dying.
(d) Living and partly suffering.
5. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
2. How does the Chorus describe itself?
3. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
4. What is the last word of the Interlude?
5. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)