|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
2. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(b) By becoming a martyr.
(c) By killing the King.
(d) By giving his money to the people.
3. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
(b) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
(c) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
(d) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
4. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) Shepards of bethlehem.
(b) St. Stephen.
(c) The Holy Innocents.
(d) The disciples.
5. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Four Knights.
(b) The Four Tempters.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Three Priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
2. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
4. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
5. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)