|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Taking a shock to the skull.
(b) Attacked by dogs.
(c) Drowning in a ditch.
(d) Slipping on a step.
2. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
(a) Living and partly living.
(b) Living and partly suffering.
(c) Dying and partly dying.
(d) Living and partly dying.
3. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Poor of Canterbury.
(b) The Women of Canturbury.
(c) The Hand of God.
(d) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
4. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the King would not allow it.
(b) Because he excommunicated them.
(c) Because the Pope would not allow it.
(d) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
5. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
(a) King Henry II.
(b) Greedy merchants.
(c) Rebellious bishops.
(d) The King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
2. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
3. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
4. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
5. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)