|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beckett call his congregation?
(a) God's worshippers.
(b) Dear children of God..
(c) Beloved children.
(d) My dearest flock.
2. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Knights.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Tempters..
3. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) The Pope at peace with the King.
(b) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(c) A wife singing to her children.
(d) Barons at peace with the King.
4. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
(a) The world has been struck by war.
(b) The angels ceased to appear
(c) The world was already a happy place.
(d) No one listened to them.
5. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
(c) Blank verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
2. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
3. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
4. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
5. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)