|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
2. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
(b) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
(c) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
(d) They hate the English King.
3. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) His former political position.
(b) A new life.
(c) The English throne.
(d) A new love.
4. How does Beckett close his sermon?
(a) Peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.
(b) In Christ's name.
(c) God bless us, every one.
(d) In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
5. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
(a) John, the Dean of Salisbury.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Henry II.
(d) The King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
2. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
3. Where is the Interlude set?
4. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
5. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)