|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
(a) Lead a prayer.
(b) Have a feast.
(c) Have the fires lit in his rooms.
(d) Throw a celebration in his honor.
2. In what city of England does the story take place?
3. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Tempters..
(d) The Knights.
4. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
5. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) A new love.
(b) A new life.
(c) His former political position.
(d) The English throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
2. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
3. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
4. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
5. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)