|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
(a) Brewing beer.
(b) A good harvest.
(c) The disappearance of several girls.
(d) The town burning down.
2. Why was the Tempter successful?
(a) Beckett ends up accepting his fate.
(b) Beckett makes peace with the King.
(c) Beckett plans for an escape.
(d) Beckett makes peace with the barons.
3. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
(b) They do it for the glory of God.
(d) They die for the salvation of men.
4. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
(b) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
(c) They hate the English King.
(d) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
5. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
(a) The Priests.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) Thomas Becket.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
2. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
3. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
4. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
5. Where is the Interlude set?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)