|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(c) The impossible, the undesirable .
2. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
(a) To warn Thomas Becket.
(b) To prevent a murder.
(c) To witness the events and take no action.
(d) To serve the Priests of the Cathedral.
3. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
4. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of an uncertain quantity.
(b) At price of his immortal soul.
(c) At price of a certain submission.
(d) At price of his devotion to God.
5. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
(a) They do it for the glory of God.
(c) They die for the salvation of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
2. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
3. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
4. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
5. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)