|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Tempters..
(d) The Chorus.
2. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
(a) They die for the salvation of men.
(c) They do it for the glory of God.
3. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
(a) Lead a prayer.
(b) Throw a celebration in his honor.
(c) Have the fires lit in his rooms.
(d) Have a feast.
4. In what year does the Interlude take place?
5. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
2. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
3. Where is the Interlude set?
4. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
5. How does Beckett close his sermon?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)