|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) higher vices; higher prices.
(b) life; your strife.
(c) piety; reckoning.
(d) lies; the end.
2. "The wheel" is spoken of time and time again. In one instance Becket says that "Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns." What is the idea of a wheel supposed to symbolize?
(b) The Past.
3. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
(a) To instill fear in them.
(b) To lead them.
(c) To being mankind back to His ways.
(d) To warn them.
4. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Women of Canturbury.
(b) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(c) The Hand of God.
(d) The Poor of Canterbury.
5. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
2. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
3. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
4. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
5. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)