|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) The English throne.
(b) His former political position.
(c) A new love.
(d) A new life.
2. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
3. What does the Messenger call the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A silly affair.
(b) A peaceful affair.
(c) A patched-up affair.
(d) A violent affair.
4. What literary tool does T.S. Eliot use throughout the Interlude?
(c) String of consciousness.
(d) Free verse.
5. In what city of England does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
2. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
3. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
4. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
5. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)