|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) higher vices; higher prices.
(b) lies; the end.
(c) life; your strife.
(d) piety; reckoning.
2. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
(b) He voices Beckett's own desires.
(c) He represents the people.
(d) He helps Beckett find peace.
3. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
(a) John, the Dean of Salisbury.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The King of France.
(d) King Henry II.
4. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
(a) The meaning of Christmas.
5. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
(a) Fluting in the meadows.
(b) Fires devouring the winter season.
(c) Spring melting the winter ice.
(d) Singing at nightfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
2. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
3. Why might the public react this way?
4. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
5. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)