|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Interlude take place?
2. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
(a) Throw a celebration in his honor.
(b) Have the fires lit in his rooms.
(c) Have a feast.
(d) Lead a prayer.
3. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
4. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
(a) A good harvest.
(b) Brewing beer.
(c) The town burning down.
(d) The disappearance of several girls.
5. What may be one of the reasons for this sermon?
(a) To frighten his followers into submission.
(b) To help him forgivethe King.
(c) To explain his actions to himself and his followers.
(d) To make the congregation sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
2. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
3. What literary tool does T.S. Eliot use throughout the Interlude?
4. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
5. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)