|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
(c) John the Baptist.
2. In what year does the Interlude take place?
3. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
(a) The Pope.
(b) King Henry II.
(c) John, the Dean of Salisbury.
(d) The King of France.
4. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
(a) Worms in the belly.
(b) Horses in the stalls.
(c) Chickens in a coop.
(d) Frogs in the treetops.
5. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
(b) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
(c) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
(d) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
2. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
3. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
4. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
5. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)