|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) life; your strife.
(b) piety; reckoning.
(c) lies; the end.
(d) higher vices; higher prices.
2. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
(a) Spring melting the winter ice.
(b) Fires devouring the winter season.
(c) Singing at nightfall.
(d) Fluting in the meadows.
3. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
(a) Beckett is not dying for glory.
(b) Beckett is not dying for the King.
(c) Beckett chooses to live.
(d) Beckett is dying for love.
4. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Miracles of Christ.
(b) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(c) The Resurrection of Christ.
(d) The Birth of Christ.
5. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
2. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
3. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
4. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
5. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)