|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Attacked by dogs.
(b) Drowning in a ditch.
(c) Taking a shock to the skull.
(d) Slipping on a step.
2. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
(a) An instrument of God.
(b) A brave man.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A simple man.
3. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By becoming a martyr.
(b) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(c) By giving his money to the people.
(d) By killing the King.
4. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(a) Frequent Malversation.
5. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
(a) Henry II.
(b) Edward III.
(c) James I.
(d) Richard I.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the Interlude take place?
2. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
3. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
4. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
5. What does the Messenger say were the last words of Thomas Becket to the King of England before the Archbishop's exile?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)