|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
(a) Peace in Heaven.
(b) A happy ending.
(c) Death by crucifixion.
(d) Death by martyrdom.
2. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Three Priests.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Four Tempters.
(d) The Four Knights.
3. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
4. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
(b) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(c) Where the Archbishop is staying.
(d) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
5. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
(a) On Christmas Day.
(b) At night when the fires are lit.
(c) At kissing time below the stairs.
(d) On ChristmasEve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
2. "The wheel" is spoken of time and time again. In one instance Becket says that "Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns." What is the idea of a wheel supposed to symbolize?
3. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
4. According to the Four Tempters, what is man's life?
5. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)