|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Interlude take place?
2. What is the best way to describe what Beckett seems to feel for his congregation?
3. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
(a) To prevent a murder.
(b) To witness the events and take no action.
(c) To serve the Priests of the Cathedral.
(d) To warn Thomas Becket.
4. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
(a) Everything is suffering and suffering is everthing.
(b) Action is suffering and suffering is action.
(c) Life is suffering and suffering is death.
(d) Suffering is life and life is action.
5. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Drowning in a ditch.
(b) Slipping on a step.
(c) Attacked by dogs.
(d) Taking a shock to the skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
2. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
3. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
4. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
5. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)