|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
(a) The fall of Azrael the angel from Heaven.
(b) Moses parting the Red Sea.
(c) The Snake appearing to Eve in the Garden of Eden.
(d) The angels appearing to the sheperds of Bethlehem on Christmas.
2. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
(a) God will show his wrath.
(b) His fat lady will sing.
(c) Everything will be set right.
(d) HIs goose may be cooked.
3. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
(a) The Fourth.
(b) The Third.
(c) The Second.
(d) The First.
4. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
(a) Edward III.
(b) Henry II.
(c) James I.
(d) Richard I.
5. What does the Messenger call the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A violent affair.
(b) A patched-up affair.
(c) A silly affair.
(d) A peaceful affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
2. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
3. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
4. What may be one of the reasons for this sermon?
5. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)