|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Four Tempters, what is man's life?
(a) A cheat and a disappointment.
(b) A viscious cycle.
(c) An inconvenience to God.
(d) A fleeting moment.
2. Why was the Tempter successful?
(a) Beckett ends up accepting his fate.
(b) Beckett plans for an escape.
(c) Beckett makes peace with the King.
(d) Beckett makes peace with the barons.
3. What would be the most likely reaction of the Canterbury people that this is Beckett's last sermon?
(a) Shock and confusion.
(b) Happiness and celebration.
(c) Apathy and boredom.
(d) None of these.
4. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
(a) The angels appearing to the sheperds of Bethlehem on Christmas.
(b) The fall of Azrael the angel from Heaven.
(c) The Snake appearing to Eve in the Garden of Eden.
(d) Moses parting the Red Sea.
5. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
(a) The hard times of the poor.
(b) His loyalty to the king.
(c) The danger he is in.
(d) The good time past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
2. What Biblical quote does Beckett repeat?
3. What is the best way to describe what Beckett seems to feel for his congregation?
4. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
5. How does Beckett close his sermon?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)