|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
2. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
3. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
(a) "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
(b) "God bless us, every one."
(c) "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men of good will."
(d) "The Lord is My shepard, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures."
4. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) lies; the end.
(b) piety; reckoning.
(c) higher vices; higher prices.
(d) life; your strife.
5. What may be one of the reasons for this sermon?
(a) To make the congregation sad.
(b) To help him forgivethe King.
(c) To frighten his followers into submission.
(d) To explain his actions to himself and his followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
2. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
3. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
4. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
5. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)