|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
(b) They hate the English King.
(c) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
(d) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
2. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
3. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
4. How does the Third Tempter describe himself?
(a) A surly English peasant
(b) A man who is rich in spirit
(c) A rough, straightforward Englishman.
(d) A rough and angry follower of the king
5. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
(b) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
(c) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
(d) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
2. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
3. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
4. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
5. What literary tool does T.S. Eliot use throughout the Interlude?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)