|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Beckett, what is martyrdom?
(a) It is always the design of God.
(b) It is the result of cruel men.
(c) It is always a request of angels.
(d) An act of chance.
2. What does Beckett believe to be the last temptation and what he fears the most?
(a) Doing the right deed for the wrong reason.
(c) Doing the thing you cannot do.
(d) Doing the wrong thing for the right reason.
3. On what date does the Interlude take place?
(a) December 30th.
(b) December 24th.
(c) December 25th.
(d) December 29th.
4. What does the Messenger call the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A peaceful affair.
(b) A silly affair.
(c) A violent affair.
(d) A patched-up affair.
5. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
2. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
3. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
4. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
5. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)