|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
2. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) A new life.
(b) The English throne.
(c) His former political position.
(d) A new love.
3. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
(b) The Archbishop has left France.
(c) The Pope has excommunicated the King
(d) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
4. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(b) The impossible, the undesirable .
5. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
(a) The King's palace.
(b) The Cathedral.
(c) Outside the gates of the Cathedral.
(d) The Archbishop's hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
2. According to the Four Tempters, what is man's life?
3. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
4. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
5. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)