|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
(a) A good harvest.
(b) Brewing beer.
(c) The disappearance of several girls.
(d) The town burning down.
2. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He voices Beckett's own desires.
(b) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
(c) He helps Beckett find peace.
(d) He represents the people.
3. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) Where the Archbishop is staying.
(b) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(c) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
(d) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
4. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
5. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
2. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
3. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
4. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
5. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)