|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
(a) Favor from the Church.
(c) Happiness for the People of England.
(d) The blessing of God.
2. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(c) The impossible, the undesirable .
3. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
4. What does Becket claim is the "substance of our first act?"
(a) God and his greatness.
(b) God and his mercy.
(c) Temptation, and the life with temptation.
(d) Shadows, and the strife with shadows.
5. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
(a) HIs goose may be cooked.
(b) God will show his wrath.
(c) Everything will be set right.
(d) His fat lady will sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
2. According to the Four Tempters, what is man's life?
3. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
4. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
5. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)