|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
(a) He is there to cause confusion.
(b) He was unexpected.
(c) He was expected.
(d) He is in danger.
2. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
(a) The King of France.
(b) Greedy merchants.
(c) Rebellious bishops.
(d) King Henry II.
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(a) The impossible, the undesirable .
4. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
5. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By giving his money to the people.
(b) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(c) By becoming a martyr.
(d) By killing the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
2. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
3. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
4. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
5. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)