|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
2. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
(a) He is there to cause confusion.
(b) He is in danger.
(c) He was expected.
(d) He was unexpected.
3. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Slipping on a step.
(b) Drowning in a ditch.
(c) Attacked by dogs.
(d) Taking a shock to the skull.
4. In what city of England does the story take place?
5. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A rock and a hard place.
(b) A wolf and a sheep.
(c) A hammer and an anvil.
(d) Fire and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
2. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
3. What does the Messenger say were the last words of Thomas Becket to the King of England before the Archbishop's exile?
4. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
5. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)