|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) lies; the end.
(b) life; your strife.
(c) higher vices; higher prices.
(d) piety; reckoning.
2. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
(a) An old stag, circled with hounds.
(b) An old dog, circled with wolves.
(c) A young doe, circled with wolves.
(d) An old fox, circled with hounds.
3. What does the Messenger call the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A peaceful affair.
(b) A silly affair.
(c) A patched-up affair.
(d) A violent affair.
4. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
(a) Dying and partly dying.
(b) Living and partly dying.
(c) Living and partly living.
(d) Living and partly suffering.
5. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
2. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
3. According to the Four Tempters, what is man's life?
4. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
5. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)