|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beckett claim the Fourth Tempter offers?
(a) Promises of Nothing.
(b) An End to Suffering.
(c) Hopes that Die.
(d) Dreams to Damnation.
2. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) His former political position.
(b) The English throne.
(c) A new life.
(d) A new love.
3. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(a) Frequent Malversation.
4. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
(a) Action is suffering and suffering is action.
(b) Suffering is life and life is action.
(c) Everything is suffering and suffering is everthing.
(d) Life is suffering and suffering is death.
5. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Women of Canturbury.
(b) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(c) The Hand of God.
(d) The Poor of Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
2. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
3. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
4. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
5. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)