|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
2. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(d) The impossible, the undesirable .
3. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
4. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
(a) At night when the fires are lit.
(b) At kissing time below the stairs.
(c) On ChristmasEve.
(d) On Christmas Day.
5. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chorus describe itself?
2. According to the Four Tempters, what is man's life?
3. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
4. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
5. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)