|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
2. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) The People of Canterbury.
(b) English Merchants.
(c) The King.
(d) English barons.
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(c) The impossible, the undesirable .
4. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Poor of Canterbury.
(b) The Women of Canturbury.
(c) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(d) The Hand of God.
5. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) A new love.
(b) The English throne.
(c) His former political position.
(d) A new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first scene featuring the three Priests, the Chorus speaks again. What do they wish the Archbishop to do?
2. In what city of England does the story take place?
3. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
4. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
5. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)