|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(b) By becoming a martyr.
(c) By killing the King.
(d) By giving his money to the people.
2. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
(a) Everything will be set right.
(b) His fat lady will sing.
(c) God will show his wrath.
(d) HIs goose may be cooked.
3. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
(a) At kissing time below the stairs.
(b) At night when the fires are lit.
(c) On ChristmasEve.
(d) On Christmas Day.
4. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
5. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the King would not allow it.
(b) Because the Pope would not allow it.
(c) Because he excommunicated them.
(d) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
2. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
3. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
4. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
5. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)