|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) The People of Canterbury.
(b) The King.
(c) English Merchants.
(d) English barons.
2. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
3. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
4. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
5. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
(a) He was expected.
(b) He is there to cause confusion.
(c) He is in danger.
(d) He was unexpected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
2. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
3. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
4. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
5. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)