|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) lies; the end.
(b) life; your strife.
(c) higher vices; higher prices.
(d) piety; reckoning.
2. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Lonely folk.
(b) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
(c) Poor folk.
(d) Small folk.
3. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) Fire and water.
(b) A hammer and an anvil.
(c) A wolf and a sheep.
(d) A rock and a hard place.
4. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
5. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(c) Frequent Malversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
2. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
3. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
4. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
5. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)