|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
2. In what city of England does the story take place?
3. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
4. What does the Messenger call the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A violent affair.
(b) A patched-up affair.
(c) A silly affair.
(d) A peaceful affair.
5. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the King would not allow it.
(b) Because he excommunicated them.
(c) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
(d) Because the Pope would not allow it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Third Tempter describe himself?
2. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
3. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
4. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
5. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)