|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(c) Frequent Malversation.
2. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
3. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
(b) Small folk.
(c) Lonely folk.
(d) Poor folk.
4. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
(b) Happiness for the People of England.
(c) Favor from the Church.
(d) The blessing of God.
5. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the King would not allow it.
(b) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
(c) Because he excommunicated them.
(d) Because the Pope would not allow it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
2. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
3. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
4. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
5. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)