|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) His former political position.
(b) A new life.
(c) The English throne.
(d) A new love.
2. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
(a) The disappearance of several girls.
(b) The town burning down.
(c) Brewing beer.
(d) A good harvest.
3. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He voices Beckett's own desires.
(b) He represents the people.
(c) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
(d) He helps Beckett find peace.
4. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
5. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) piety; reckoning.
(b) life; your strife.
(c) lies; the end.
(d) higher vices; higher prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
2. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
4. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
5. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)