|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of an uncertain quantity.
(b) At price of a certain submission.
(c) At price of his immortal soul.
(d) At price of his devotion to God.
2. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
3. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(a) Frequent Malversation.
4. In what city of England does the story take place?
5. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
(a) To warn Thomas Becket.
(b) To prevent a murder.
(c) To serve the Priests of the Cathedral.
(d) To witness the events and take no action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
2. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
3. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
4. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
5. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)