|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of his devotion to God.
(b) At price of his immortal soul.
(c) At price of a certain submission.
(d) At price of an uncertain quantity.
2. In what city of England does the story take place?
3. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
4. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Small folk.
(b) Lonely folk.
(c) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
(d) Poor folk.
5. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
(a) Favor from the Church.
(b) The blessing of God.
(d) Happiness for the People of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
2. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
3. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
4. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
5. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)