|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protects Beckett from physical harm when he is first attacked?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Priests.
(d) The Tempters.
2. According to Beckett, who condemned the bishops?
(a) The Knights.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The King.
3. What is one of the things the Knights compare Beckett to?
(a) An ant.
(b) A deer.
(c) A louse.
(d) An eagle.
4. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) English barons.
(b) The King.
(c) The People of Canterbury.
(d) English Merchants.
5. Where was Beckett born?
(a) Camden .
(d) King's Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the major sentiments of the Chorus' "death-bringer" speech?
2. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
3. Why was the Tempter successful?
4. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
5. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)