|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the Pope would not allow it.
(b) Because he excommunicated them.
(c) Because the King would not allow it.
(d) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
2. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of his immortal soul.
(b) At price of a certain submission.
(c) At price of an uncertain quantity.
(d) At price of his devotion to God.
3. What does the Second Priest bring in?
(a) The banner of St. Stephen.
(b) The banner of the Holy Innocents.
(c) The banner of St. Elphage.
(d) The banner of St. John the Apostle.
4. What is one of the things the Knights compare Beckett to?
(a) A louse.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A deer.
(d) An ant.
5. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
(a) The love of God.
(b) The hope and peace it offers.
(c) Its sadness and greatness.
(d) Its meaning and mystery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which specific Canterbury martyr does Beckett ask the congregation to remember?
2. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
3. What does the Third Priest bring in?
4. What are the Priests doing when they enter?
5. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)