|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
2. According to Beckett, who condemned the bishops?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Knights.
(d) The King.
3. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
(a) By destroying his fear.
(b) By living.
(c) By suffering.
(d) By winning.
4. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
(b) Betraying the King.
(c) Breaking his oath to the King.
(d) Betraing the Pope.
5. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
2. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
3. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
4. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
5. What is one of the major sentiments of the Chorus' "death-bringer" speech?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)