|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Fourth Knight believe was the cause of Beckett's death?
(c) Natural causes.
2. What is one of the things the Knights compare Beckett to?
(a) An ant.
(b) A deer.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A louse.
3. Who are the Knights loyal to?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The barons.
(d) The King.
4. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
(a) The First Tempter speaks in verse.
(b) The play becomes one monologue.
(c) All of the characters other than Beckett fall silent.
(d) All of the characters speak in riddles.
5. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
(b) Because he excommunicated them.
(c) Because the Pope would not allow it.
(d) Because the King would not allow it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
2. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
3. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
4. When is Holy Innocents Day?
5. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)