|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
(a) Dead; alive.
(b) Low; high
(c) At peace; at war
(d) High; low.
2. On what date does Part II take place?
(a) December 30th.
(b) December 29th.
(c) December 31st.
(d) December 25th.
3. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
(a) Favor from the Church.
(b) The blessing of God.
(c) Happiness for the People of England.
4. In what year does the Interlude take place?
5. What does Beckett claim the Fourth Tempter offers?
(a) Promises of Nothing.
(b) An End to Suffering.
(c) Hopes that Die.
(d) Dreams to Damnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
2. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
3. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
4. "The wheel" is spoken of time and time again. In one instance Becket says that "Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns." What is the idea of a wheel supposed to symbolize?
5. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)