|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters make their first appearance in Part II?
(a) The Three Priests.
(b) The Four Knights.
(c) The Four Tempters.
(d) The Archbishop.
2. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
(b) Taking Communion.
(c) The Christmas pageant.
(d) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
3. What is the last thing the Chorus asks Beckett to do?
(a) Pray for them .
(b) Die for them.
(c) Smile for them.
(d) Weep for them.
4. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
5. What is the best way to describe what Beckett seems to feel for his congregation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
2. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
3. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
4. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
5. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)