|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
(b) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
(c) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
(d) They hate the English King.
2. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
(a) A messenger.
(b) An instrument of God.
(c) A brave man.
(d) A simple man.
3. What, according to the Second Knight, is in the English spirit?
(a) Fair play.
4. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
(a) Avenge his death.
(b) Forget his words.
(c) Remember his words.
(d) See the light.
5. What does the Chorus continue to reference in the speech that begins, "I have smelt them, the death-bringers..."
(a) The five senses.
(b) The four seasons.
(c) The years ahead.
(d) The seven days of the week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Fourth Knight believe was the cause of Beckett's death?
2. Who is the leader of the group?
3. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
4. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
5. What word do the Priests continually mull over?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)