|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
(a) Outside the gates of the Cathedral.
(b) The King's palace.
(c) The Archbishop's hall.
(d) The Cathedral.
2. What is NOT one of names Beckett calls out to before he dies?
3. What is one thing both the Priests and the Chorus do after Beckett is killed?
(a) Curse themselves.
(b) Curse God.
(c) Praise God.
(d) Praise themselves.
4. When is Holy Innocents Day?
(a) December 25th.
(b) December 26th.
(c) December 28th.
(d) Deceber 29th.
5. What does the scene change to when the Priests and Beckett exit?
(a) The gates.
(b) The Archbishop's hall.
(d) The cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
2. What are one of the specific crimes against the King that the Knights speak of?
3. What Biblical quote does Beckett repeat?
4. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
5. What is one of the major sentiments of the Chorus' "death-bringer" speech?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)