|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
2. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) His former political position.
(b) A new life.
(c) The English throne.
(d) A new love.
3. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of his immortal soul.
(b) At price of an uncertain quantity.
(c) At price of a certain submission.
(d) At price of his devotion to God.
4. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
(b) The Archbishop has left France.
(c) The Pope has excommunicated the King
(d) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
5. Who is the leader of the group?
(a) The Third Knight.
(b) The Second Knight.
(c) The Fourth Knights.
(d) The First Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
2. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
3. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
4. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
5. In what year does the Interlude take place?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)