|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett, what can mankind not bear much of?
2. What does the First Knight ask the audience for after they kill Beckett?
3. Who does the Third Tempter represent?
(a) The People of Canterbury.
(b) English Merchants.
(c) English barons.
(d) The King.
4. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Four Tempters.
(b) The Three Priests.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Four Knights.
5. Where does Beckett insist that the crimes against him should be formally stated?
(a) In private.
(b) In the Church.
(c) In public.
(d) In a court of law.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beckett, who condemned the bishops?
2. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
3. What literary tool does T.S. Eliot use throughout the Interlude?
4. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
5. Who are the Knights loyal to?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)