|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(b) Frequent Malversation.
2. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He represents the people.
(b) He voices Beckett's own desires.
(c) He helps Beckett find peace.
(d) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
3. What is the name of the First Knight?
(a) William de Traci.
(b) Reginald Fitz Urse.
(c) Hugh de Morville.
(d) Richard Brito.
4. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
(b) The meaning of Christmas.
5. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
(c) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
2. What is the first idea that Becket relates to his audience and what does he insist that the Chorus "know and do not know?"
3. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
4. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
5. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)