|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
(a) To prove the King wrong.
(b) For the glory of martyrdom.
(c) For revenge.
(d) To aid in the salvation of man.
2. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
(a) Moses parting the Red Sea.
(b) The fall of Azrael the angel from Heaven.
(c) The angels appearing to the sheperds of Bethlehem on Christmas.
(d) The Snake appearing to Eve in the Garden of Eden.
3. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
(a) Favor from the Church.
(b) Happiness for the People of England.
(d) The blessing of God.
4. According to Beckett, who condemned the bishops?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The King.
(c) The Knights.
5. How does the Third Tempter describe himself?
(a) A man who is rich in spirit
(b) A rough, straightforward Englishman.
(c) A rough and angry follower of the king
(d) A surly English peasant
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
2. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
3. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
4. What season does the Chorus speak of at the beginning of Part II?
5. Who is the leader of the group?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)