|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Beckett's birthplace located?
2. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
(a) To show the audience how unwilling Beckett is concerning his fate.
(b) To prepare the audience for the events of Part II.
(c) To allow the audience a break .
(d) To instill the fear of God .
3. How does Beckett feel about martyrs?
(a) He admires them.
(b) He is confused by them.
(c) He is apathetic about them.
(d) He fears them.
4. When Beckett mentions the shepherd and his fold, who or what is he referring to?
(a) Himself and the Priests.
(b) Himself and the people of Canterbury.
(c) Himself and the barons.
(d) Himself and the King.
5. "The wheel" is spoken of time and time again. In one instance Becket says that "Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns." What is the idea of a wheel supposed to symbolize?
(b) The Past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the first Knight believe the audience is rooting for?
2. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
3. What is the name of the Third Knight?
4. Where were the Knights before they came to Canterbury?
5. How does the Chorus describe itself?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)