|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Knights are taunting Beckett, where do they continually ask him to go?
(a) The lions' den.
(b) Their parlour.
2. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
(a) "God bless us, every one."
(b) "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men of good will."
(c) "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
(d) "The Lord is My shepard, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures."
3. Where is the Interlude set?
(a) The Cathedral.
(b) The Archbishop's Hall.
(c) The King's palace.
(d) The gates of the Cathedral.
4. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
(b) He helps Beckett find peace.
(c) He represents the people.
(d) He voices Beckett's own desires.
5. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
(a) By winning.
(b) By destroying his fear.
(c) By suffering.
(d) By living.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
2. What is one way the Knights describe Beckett?
3. What may be one of the reasons for this sermon?
4. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
5. Where does Part II take place?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)