|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Resurrection of Christ.
(b) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(c) The Miracles of Christ.
(d) The Birth of Christ.
2. What is the last thing that the Chorus asks from God?
3. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
(b) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
(c) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
(d) They hate the English King.
4. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Four Tempters.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Three Priests.
(d) The Four Knights.
5. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Third Priest bring in?
2. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
3. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
4. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
5. Where was Beckett born?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)