|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett, what can mankind not bear much of?
2. What is NOT one of the instructions of the First Knight to the other three?
(a) Disperse to their homes.
(b) Not loiter in groups.
(c) Do nothing to provoke a public outbreak.
(d) Go straight to the King.
3. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The Archbishop has left France.
(b) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
(c) The Pope has excommunicated the King
(d) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
4. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
(a) He doesn't want to give them false hope.
(b) He believes he will be murdered soon.
(c) He is out of ideas.
(d) He is too sad to speak any more.
5. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
(a) Living and partly living.
(b) Living and partly suffering.
(c) Dying and partly dying.
(d) Living and partly dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
2. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
3. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
4. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
5. Who is the leader of the group?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)