|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) The Pope at peace with the King.
(b) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(c) Barons at peace with the King.
(d) A wife singing to her children.
2. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
3. What is the year in which Part II takes place?
4. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
(a) James I.
(b) Richard I.
(c) Edward III.
(d) Henry II.
5. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
(a) His people alone.
(b) God alone.
(c) Himself alone.
(d) The Pope alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
2. Why might the public react this way?
3. How might you define the Knights on their entrance?
4. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
5. What is one of the things the Knights compare Beckett to?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)