|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Resurrection of Christ.
(b) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(c) The Miracles of Christ.
(d) The Birth of Christ.
2. In what city is Beckett's birthplace located?
3. What does the First Priest bring in?
(a) The banner of St. Stephen.
(b) The banner of the Holy Innocents.
(c) The banner of St. John the Apostle.
(d) The banner of St. Elphage.
4. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
5. How does Beckett close his sermon?
(a) In Christ's name.
(b) Peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.
(c) God bless us, every one.
(d) In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beckett, what can mankind not bear much of?
2. What does the Second Priest bring in?
3. What, according to the First Tempter, "should be more than biting Time can sever?"
4. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
5. How does the Third Tempter describe himself?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)