1. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
2. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
(a) The King's palace.
(b) Outside the gates of the Cathedral.
(c) The Cathedral.
(d) The Archbishop's hall.
3. In what city of England does the story take place?
4. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
(a) The Priests.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) Thomas Becket.
(d) The Chorus.
5. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
6. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
(a) To serve the Priests of the Cathedral.
(b) To warn Thomas Becket.
(c) To prevent a murder.
(d) To witness the events and take no action.
7. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Hand of God.
(b) The Poor of Canterbury.
(c) The Women of Canturbury.
(d) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
This section contains 4,748 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)