1. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
2. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
(a) The Cathedral.
(b) The Archbishop's hall.
(c) The King's palace.
(d) Outside the gates of the Cathedral.
3. In what city of England does the story take place?
4. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
(a) The Priests.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) Thomas Becket.
5. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
6. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
(a) To witness the events and take no action.
(b) To serve the Priests of the Cathedral.
(c) To prevent a murder.
(d) To warn Thomas Becket.
7. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Poor of Canterbury.
(b) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(c) The Hand of God.
(d) The Women of Canturbury.
This section contains 4,748 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)