Short Answer Key
Folk Tales, Chapters 1 through 3
1. Who is the person that is traveling in this book?
2. What city does the author cross into at the start of the book?
3. In what state does the author spend most of her time collecting stories?
4. What do the people in town want to know about the author when she arrives in town?
How long she will be there.
5. How long does Hurston plan on staying in town?
6. Why does Hurston travel to town?
To hear folktales.
7. Whom does Hurston plan to stay with in town?
8. Who is Ellis?
Hurston's friend's husband.
9. What street does Hurston stay on when she arrives in town?
10. What do the townspeople think about the author's choice of towns?
They think she came to the right place.
This section contains 2,370 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)