|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hoodoo, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man in Larkins White's story doing?
(a) Walking to town.
(b) Eating lunch.
(d) Going for a jog.
2. Who is invited to a "toe party" in Chapter 1?
3. What happens when Hurston arrives at Pine Mill?
(a) Everyone asks her to dance.
(b) She goes to work.
(c) The people elect her as mayor.
(d) No one asks her to dance.
4. What is wrong with the snail in the story about the snail couple?
(a) She is lazy.
(b) She is looking for work.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is in love.
5. What street does Hurston stay on when she arrives in town?
(a) Back Street.
(b) Abbey Leaf Lane.
(c) Front Street.
(d) Cycle Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occasionally happens at a "toe party" when a man is disappointed with his partner?
2. What happened when the police tried to arrest Marie Leveau?
3. Who does the snail husband go to find in the story of the two snails?
4. Whom does the brother outsmart in John French's story?
5. Why does Hurston believe Luke Turner reacts the way he does to her?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)