|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hoodoo, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county does Hurston travel toward in Chapter 4?
2. How long does the "toe party" last?
(a) Till the cops arrive.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Till 5 a.m.
3. What is Joe Wiley's story about in chapter 5?
(a) A hitchhiker.
(b) Two thieves.
(c) A farm.
(d) Two slaves.
4. What does the younger brother at the end of the story in Chapter 2 do for a living?
(c) Plows fields.
(d) Rides in the rodeo.
5. In what state does the author spend most of her time collecting stories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occasionally happens at a "toe party" when a man is disappointed with his partner?
2. What is Reverend Father Joe Watson's nickname?
3. What do the townspeople think about the author's choice of towns?
4. What does Hurston think of the local liquor served at the "toe party"?
5. Whom does the brother outsmart in John French's story?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)