|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hoodoo, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Pitts plan to demonstrate his feelings towards Hurston?
(a) He will wash her car.
(b) He will cook his own breakfast.
(c) He will take her to Paris.
(d) He will ignore her.
2. What do the townspeople think about the author's choice of towns?
(a) They think she came to the right place.
(b) They wish she would leave.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They think Orlando would be better.
3. Why does Hurston develop her initial opinion of the townspeople in Chapter 4?
(a) They wash her clothes.
(b) The spit on her.
(c) They offer her a hot meal.
(d) They are on the run from the law.
4. How many loads of ammunition are in the gun in Larkins White's story?
5. Whom does Hurston plan to stay with in town?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raced to two packages in Chapter 4?
2. Who says "Big Moose done come down from de mountain"?
3. Why was the second slave beaten for cussing at the master in Joe Wiley's story?
4. When was Marie Leveau born?
5. Shug is short for _____________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)