|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hoodoo, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the rude person uninterested in speaking to the person who died in the Johnstown flood?
(a) She is too busy
(b) He is busy cleaning harps.
(c) She is busy watching her family.
(d) He knows all there is to know about floods.
2. Who is the first person to introduce himself to Hurston?
(a) Mr. Clean.
(b) Mr. Spock.
(c) Mr. Pitts.
(d) Mr. Piefer.
3. Who drowned in the Johnstown flood?
(a) Three children.
(b) A white woman.
(c) A dog and a cat.
(d) A black man.
4. Why did the slave refuse to shoot his master's gun in Chapter 7?
(a) He was afraid he would hurt the bear.
(b) He didn't believe in violence.
(c) His master told him not to do it.
(d) He didn't want to ruin the gun.
5. Why did the man pull the sheet over his head every night in the story in Chapter 4?
(a) He liked his house dark.
(b) He was afraid of ghosts.
(c) To let sleep in.
(d) His wife was ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. A man tells a story about firing a gun out the doorway. What time of day was it?
2. Who is Luke Turner?
3. Why did the man in Chapter 2 know he was not meant to be a preacher?
4. Shug is short for _____________.
5. What tile does Hurston receive after her initiation with Reverend Father Joe Watson?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)