|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hoodoo, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man pull the sheet over his head every night in the story in Chapter 4?
(a) His wife was ugly.
(b) He liked his house dark.
(c) He was afraid of ghosts.
(d) To let sleep in.
2. Why does the person who died in the Johnstown flood say someone is rude?
(a) He doesn't listen to his story.
(b) They wouldn't send him back.
(c) They didn't open the gates.
(d) She yelled at him.
3. Who is Eulalia?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A hairdresser.
(c) A practicioner of hoodoo.
(d) Hurston's sister.
4. What county does Hurston travel toward in Chapter 4?
5. Why, in Chapter 4, is the men's workday canceled?
(a) The rain.
(b) It's a holiday.
(c) The foreman is ill.
(d) The snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hurston travel to town?
2. How does Mr. Pitts plan to demonstrate his feelings towards Hurston?
3. What are the men doing at the start of Chapter 6?
4. What is Eulalia's specialty?
5. How does Hurston convince Luke Turner to speak with her?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)