|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hoodoo, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fight that breaks out in Chapter 2 about?
(d) Skin color.
2. Who drowned in the Johnstown flood?
(a) A black man.
(b) Three children.
(c) A white woman.
(d) A dog and a cat.
3. What are the men doing at the start of Chapter 6?
(b) Playing cards.
4. Why does Hurston develop her initial opinion of the townspeople in Chapter 4?
(a) The spit on her.
(b) They are on the run from the law.
(c) They offer her a hot meal.
(d) They wash her clothes.
5. What do people hide behind at a "toe party"?
(a) A door.
(b) A curtain.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Samuel Jenkins rely on for his work?
2. In Chapter 4, where does Hurston initially plan to follow the men to work?
3. What did God create at around half-past five on the sixth day?
4. What does Charlie say is the reason for why religions divide?
5. What does "Big Moose done come down from de mountain" mean?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)