|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hoodoo, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurston want from Luke Turner?
(a) A place to live.
(b) A child.
(d) For him to teach her.
2. John discovers _____________ stealing from the field.
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A lion.
3. Another man in Chapter 4 tells a story about a man dipped in a river. What river was the man dipped in?
(a) Erie River.
(b) Hudson River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Salty River.
4. In Chapter 4, how long does John stay with the animal?
(a) A week.
(b) All night.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
5. What does Hurston learn in the letter from Big Sweet?
(a) Someone died.
(b) She is invited to a wedding.
(c) Big Sweet is pregnant.
(d) Her mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is against the law in Chapter 9?
2. What does a man tell Hurston some people are only good at doing to groceries?
3. A man tells a story about firing a gun out the doorway. What time of day was it?
4. What is Reverend Father Joe Watson's nickname?
5. What city does the author cross into at the start of the book?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)