|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hoodoo, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man in Chapter 2 know he was not meant to be a preacher?
(a) He didn't hear his voice in the well.
(b) He slept through church.
(c) He did land on the other side of the log.
(d) He ate two chickens instead of four.
2. How does Hurston convince Luke Turner to speak with her?
(a) She offers him money.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She hits him with her car.
(d) She shouts at him.
3. What is the fight that breaks out in Chapter 2 about?
(a) Skin color.
4. What are the men doing at the start of Chapter 6?
(d) Playing cards.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Hurston initially think of the people in the city where she stops?
(a) She hates them.
(b) She trusts them.
(c) She likes them.
(d) She does not trust them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ellis?
2. Who is Babe Hill?
3. What do the people in town want to know about the author when she arrives in town?
4. What is against the law in Chapter 9?
5. What happened when the police tried to arrest Marie Leveau?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)